Is teeth whitening a bad idea if your teeth look ugly?

qazw

qazw

Heightism > Racism
So my teeth are pretty terrible and I’m planning on getting braces again to fix them. They are also quite yellow so should I bother with getting them whitened or will it just draw more attention to how ugly they look? I’d be doing it properly with a dentist whitening

Fix your teeth first then think about whitening

• +1
Reactions: qazw
Would you rather have bad teeth yellow teeth or bad white teeth

• +1
Reactions: italianmixedcurry and rishiiiiiop
The dentist will probably refuse to whiten your teeth if they're not fixed first.

• +1
An ethical dentist usually only bleaches healthy teeth. I probably misinterpreted when you said "terrible" as damaged teeth.
Oh they aren’t damaged and my dentist says they are healthy. They are just crooked and I have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: GreekGenes and lestoa
An ethical dentist usually only bleaches healthy teeth. I probably misinterpreted when you said "terrible" as damaged teeth.
I think OP talks bout crooked teeth, not damaged ones

• +1
Reactions: GreekGenes
Unless the yellowness is actually ugly af, and it's not you just wanting to have a Holywood teeth instead of normal ones, fix your teeth first

• +1
I want to add one more thing: Something that's not talked about often enough is congruence of your looks.

Meaning: Don't bleach your teeth if you look like a sub5 slob. It wont do nothing and make you look weird. The bleached teeth will be out of place. Get in shape, get lean, get an attractive basic canvas to work with and sure, then bleach your teeth.

I don't know what you look like so ignore this if it doesn't apply to you OP.

• +1
Okay thanks guys, won’t be whitening them for now then

• +1
Reactions: lestoa