Is there a correlation between ramus height, gonial angle and Maxillary height?

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
Title

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Nah you get fucked up abominations that have some but not the others and so on

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Lev Peshkov, EverythingMattersCel and 2 others
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 4645
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Fahkumram
taller ramus = lower gonial angle to maintain occlusion and as a result shorter maxilla since it rotates ccw

however we cannot compare ramus length and maxilla length of individuals to each other using absolute values since it also is affected by skull size

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 4645 and Deleted member 5385

I think your ramus height affects your gonial angle it will be either lower or higher this affects the length of your maxilla so yeah there is a correlation i think.

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Deleted member 5385
taller ramus = lower gonial angle to maintain occlusion and as a result shorter maxilla since it rotates ccw

however we cannot compare ramus length and maxilla length of individuals to each other using absolute values since it also is affected by skull size
Ramus height doesn’t determine gonial angle. You can have a 125 gonial angle and have a short ramus, and you can have a 125 angle and a tall ramus. A more CCW rotated maxilla isn’t actually shorter, either.

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Fuck sake ima make a thread that's gonna get to best of the ebst top stop these gaycel threads brb

Ramus height doesn’t determine gonial angle. You can have a 125 gonial angle and have a short ramus, and you can have a 125 angle and a tall ramus. A more CCW rotated maxilla isn’t actually shorter, either.
It does, in theory, in an individual who develops well. Your body "tries" to obtain occlusion. So you can visualise how a longer ramus would require a lower gonial angle to make sure the back teeth are in position in relation to the front teeth (determined by the maxilla). This is well documented in dentistry and similar literature.

It does, in theory, in an individual who develops well. Your body "tries" to obtain occlusion. So you can visualise how a longer ramus would require a lower gonial angle to make sure the back teeth are in position in relation to the front teeth (determined by the maxilla). This is well documented in dentistry and similar literature.
That doesn’t make much sense. People with shorter ramuses would also need low gonial angles to keep the teeth on the same plane, under your theory.

You realize slope of mandible and mandible size doesn’t affect teeth position? The alveolar process is what holds the teeth, the lower half of the mandible that affects aesthetics does not change their position nor is it affected by their size.

That doesn’t make much sense. People with shorter ramuses would also need low gonial angles to keep the teeth on the same plane, under your theory.

You realize slope of mandible and mandible size doesn’t affect teeth position? The alveolar process is what holds the teeth, the lower half of the mandible that affects aesthetics does not change their position nor is it affected by their size.
You're forgetting that short ramus is often due to a poorly grown maxilla which is not very CCW rotated, so to maintain occlusion, the occlusal plane will have to be at a greater angle from the horizontal, which is only possible with a higher gonial angle.

How does the angle of the mandible not affect teeth position? The alveolar process is literally on top of the mandible, and is not capable of moving on its own, it's attached to the mandible, so it's slope would obviously affect the occlusal plane.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
You're forgetting that short ramus is often due to a poorly grown maxilla which is not very CCW rotated, so to maintain occlusion, the occlusal plane will have to be at a greater angle from the horizontal, which is only possible with a higher gonial angle.

How does the angle of the mandible not affect teeth position? The alveolar process is literally on top of the mandible, and is not capable of moving on its own, it's attached to the mandible, so it's slope would obviously affect the occlusal plane.

Ramus height doesn’t determine gonial angle. A shorter ramus wouldn’t make your mandible more sloped. It would make the bottom of the mandible sit closer to the teeth.

Because the bottom half of the mandible doesn’t affect alveolar process.

CE0A3AA6 D5F2 49FB B0D4 180BF37C4444
EF101E81 9B60 4C69 BF27 32B237C7DAD7

If you have a higher gonial angle (sloped mandible), you just have more bone in the region closer to the chin and less bone in the region closer to the ramus. The position of your teeth remain unaffected.

Not really some people have tall skulls and bigger ears like me. Although I am downward grown. If I had like 90-120 Gonial angle with the ramus I have rn, I would like like a cartoon character and look goofy. They can be related but to an extent