Is there a way to increase height of lower third?

Napoleon1800

Napoleon1800

Kraken
My Lower is a bit too short and it's messing up my facial harmony. Whenever I stretch out my face, it drastically improves. Is there a way to increase lower third height?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
My Lower is a bit too short and it's messing up my facial harmony. Whenever I stretch out my face, it drastically improves. Is there a way to increase lower third height?
Check if you have a correct bite. Maybe you have a deep bite or overbite that makes your jaw shorter when you bite down

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, mvp2v1 and Napoleon1800
Check if you have a correct bite. Maybe you have a deep bite or overbite that makes your jaw shorter when you bite down
No my bite is normal. It might be my ramus since my ramus is quite short.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
check length of your midface, forehead,lower third. If your lower third is equal or taller than your upper third then its not short, just looking short because of high gonian angle and maybe bloating???

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Napoleon1800
same, genioplasty with bsso seems to be the only way

sfs is just lack of forward growth- recessed maxilla. recessed maxilla means recessed mandible unless its a genetically flat maxilla. Im assuming you tried mewing for a bit and you had incorrect tongue posture. Suctioning the teeth inward instead of pushing it outward by applying pressure onto palate. Facepulling/thumbpulling to widen your palate and incisor chewing can help. Then get genio or hope you grow a chin in late puberty. Mandible does not = chin fyi.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
sfs is just lack of forward growth- recessed maxilla. recessed maxilla means recessed mandible unless its a genetically flat maxilla.
yh I'm recessed, not flat maxilla though, my chin, upper maxilla, infras, supras and zygos are especially recessed

Im assuming you tried mewing for a bit and you had incorrect tongue posture.
Yh i didn't mouthbreathe but never mewed until a year ago but ago but it hasn't done much

Suctioning the teeth inward instead of pushing it outward by applying pressure onto palate.
I'm confused what u mean by this can u elaborate?

Then get genio or hope you grow a chin in late puberty. Mandible does not = chin fyi.
Yh my chin is quite short round and recessed, very visible when I chintuck
Anyway to encourage chin growth? Chintucking while hardmewing?

sfs is just lack of forward growth- recessed maxilla. recessed maxilla means recessed mandible unless its a genetically flat maxilla. Im assuming you tried mewing for a bit and you had incorrect tongue posture. Suctioning the teeth inward instead of pushing it outward by applying pressure onto palate. Facepulling/thumbpulling to widen your palate and incisor chewing can help. Then get genio or hope you grow a chin in late puberty. Mandible does not = chin fyi.
Also is there any way to also lower gonial angle since that's also part of it short ramus + High gonial angle

sfs isnt lack of forward growth, its a short maxilla that lacks height.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800