Is there any chest exercise worth doing besides incline bench and pec flies?

pull overs

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, JL~, yue and 1 other person
Barbell bench press. It hits the most isolation muscles and just makes you huger over all. You move more weight which puts more strain on your chest and tears the fibers down more over time. Yes, other muscles are recruited so it won't isolate the chest as much, but it grows your entire upper body so much , and if done right still hits your chest well. If you do high rep bench and can lift 225 x 8 for three sets and with good form, you will have a sick chest. Plus your shoulders will widen, back gets hit, arms alot etc. I'm pretty sure it raises your test like the other compounds as well. Just gotta switch it up every once in awhile so you don't plateau

Plus, in theory, if you get a high bench, your pecks will be stronger and you will be able to lose more weight for when you switch to isolations, causing them to grow more than if you originally didn't bench. So if your pecks don't grow as much as you want, you switch to dumbbell incline and watch as your using dumbbells 15 lbs bigger than before

Barbell bench press. It hits the most isolation muscles and just makes you huger over all. You move more weight which puts more strain on your chest and tears the fibers down more over time. Yes, other muscles are recruited so it won't isolate the chest as much, but it grows your entire upper body so much , and if done right still hits your chest well. If you do high rep bench and can lift 225 x 8 for three sets and with good form, you will have a sick chest. Plus your shoulders will widen, back gets hit, arms alot etc. I'm pretty sure it raises your test like the other compounds as well. Just gotta switch it up every once in awhile so you don't plateau
I can incline 225x8 why would I bother with flat bench

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
Incline bench is in a rather weird place between OHP and flat bench.

Dips are a very different movement that still targets the chest mainly (downward push movement).

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser
I can incline 225x8 why would I bother with flat bench
Well if you can incline that much, it has a similar effect so maybe you don't bother. But I still feel barbell bench is GOAT

pull overs
These feel really good for chest and lats. Be extremely careful if you have any sort of shoulder impingement or problem, and it’s a good idea to not train to complete failure. When you start getting higher up in weight in dumbbell pullovers it gets more risky. I was doing these with a 50 or a 55, and at the bottom of the ROM my right shoulder joint slipped out of the socket and then went back in. Thankfully no damage was done but it was sore and sensitive for the next 2 days. YMMV, my right shoulder has always been touchy so I probably shouldn’t have done them in the 1st place.

Well if you can incline that much, it has a similar effect so maybe you don't bother. But I still feel barbell bench is GOAT
Barbell is fun but as far as building up pecs, I do believe dumbbell is superior. Nothing makes my chest more sore than taking heavy dumbbells all the way down til they touch my pecs and letting them stretch out before going back up. You can achieve same effect with a cambered bar but all gyms may not have one .

If you hit a plateau with BB bench, switch to dumbbells for a few months, progress with those and come back to barbell. You will be able to do more, dumbbell is harder because there’s no bar to stabilize the weight for you.

People rag on the smith machine a lot but incline smith bench is great. High rep is the way to go, set up at a higher incline than you would usually do and crank the reps out. Always feel like I can push harder on smith bench because if you fail you just set the bar back on its track.

Bump

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
Nope. Those two have you covered