Is there any reason to do squats and deadlifts?

SubSigma

SubSigma

Average ginger stacey enjoyer
Most gymmaxxers promote it over bench and overhead press for some reason. From a looksmaxxing point of view it seems like a falio since it makes your thighs and ass bigger. I fucked my back up 2 weeks ago after deadlifting, so I took a break on legs and just trained upper body. Should I stop training legs, and is doing calisthenics for a leg workout good enough?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Shekel
Increase T. Good overall body workout.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, It'snotover and looksmaxxed
No.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and SubSigma
bulgarian split squats are superior to normal squats imo. Legs are not necessary though, once a week is pretty decent. Deadlifts are insane cope unless powerlifter imo, weighted pull ups are 10 times better. Avoid injury at all costs, stop deadlifting

• +1
You don't have to do powerlifting style squats and deadlifts. But I don't know how, without some kind of hinge movement, you'll be able to train hamstrings effectively.

Not training legs at all is a big waste of muscle building potential. More muscle will allow you to leanmaxx slightly easier because of higher metabolism

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, SubSigma and bwrauycnee
You don't have to do powerlifting style squats and deadlifts. But I don't know how, without some kind of hinge movement, you'll be able to train hamstrings effectively.

Not training legs at all is a big waste of muscle building potential. More muscle will allow you to leanmaxx slightly easier because of higher metabolism
Is leg press or leg curl a good alternative, of are those just as injury prone?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Most gymmaxxers promote it over bench and overhead press for some reason. From a looksmaxxing point of view it seems like a falio since it makes your thighs and ass bigger. I fucked my back up 2 weeks ago after deadlifting, so I took a break on legs and just trained upper body. Should I stop training legs, and is doing calisthenics for a leg workout good enough?
stacies love a nice pair of legs and glutes, only on chads ofc

• +1
  • Woah
Leg press is the better one, since you can load it up more. Leg curls is an accessory movement.

• +1
  • Love it
The leg press is not as stimulating for quads as high bar squads are, at least in my experience. Leg curl is also not as stimulating for hamstrings as straight leg deadlifts for example, but good as an additional exercise. I would rather do 2 sets a week of high bar squats than 4 sets of leg press. Lazy way of training legs is still doing squads and some form of deadlift but just very few sets a week

• +1
No. If your gym has one of those "comfy" leg press machines (that more in a more natural arc and feel easier on the joints) just do that and the calf machine a couple times a week. There's no need for anything more.

• +1
Cope, foids love a man with a nice pair of buns 🍑

• +1
  • Woah
@Arborist

• +1
Been deadlifting for almost a decade and never had back problems

Anyone against deadlifts is coping for their bad form

Highly rewarding foundational workout overall when done correctly

• Woah
Been deadlifting for almost a decade and never had back problems

Anyone against deadlifts is coping for their bad form

Highly rewarding foundational workout overall when done correctly
If you're really dead set on deadlifting you can do other movements like RDLs and SLDLs. The stimulus to fatigue ratio of the normal deadlift is abysmal. It's not necessary by any means, it is good for training the spinal erectors though but there are good exercises to target these (like the powerlifting style back extensions with a barbell).

• +1
pointless if you don’t have a good pair of gonions
Glute maxxing is key for sex appeal, signals to foids that you can give strong deep strokes during doggy style

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and zainab
If anything back and ass >> chest