Is there any surgery out there for maxillary protrusion?

john2

john2

Gyneolatry Fiend
Is there any kind of surgery out there that involves readjusting a recessed maxilla, forwards?

get the agga appliance and n.r.e

Lefort I or Lefort II Osteotomy with Maxillary Protraction/Advancement.

It’s literally one of the most common jaw surgery procedures

NCR has a ton of controversy behind it and as far as I’m aware, relies on shoddy evidence. Ike Mew trued pushing it hard on adult patients and they didn’t feel like they got any good results from it.
You stick a balloon up your nose and inflate it (incredibly uncomfortable to borderline intolerable and painful).

This may work on small children but no one would ever think to try that when facemasks work perfectly well on kids.

I’d heavily recommend you to avoid NCR. At the end of the day it’s your choice and I’ve learnt people will do what they want to but just know it’s likely a waste of money (a lot of it). Leforts literally cut and move the maxilla forward. The only potential problem is relapse but this can be mitigated/avoided if you went to a myofunctional therapist after surgery and learned to constantly practice proper oral posture.

• +1
Reactions: john2
get the agga appliance and n.r.e
AGGA only helps if your mandible is jammed into the TMJ to bring ot in its natural position by expanding the arches forward a few mm. if your front teeth already flare then agga will damage them and put them into horrible forward position.
Lefort 1 does what agga promises to do. but its only the bottom of maxilla.
for moving entire maxilla only lefort 2 and nobody here got or will get lefort 2 or 3. hard mewing and facemask. I cant tell if facemask will work if your serious about pulling it forward book a visit with mike mew