Is there anything more mentally damaging than having no social life?

Hyperborean Citizen

Hyperborean Citizen

Iron
You'd think you get used to it after a certain amount of time, yet you will never be able to get rid of the loneliness, it stays with you forever.

Had one kinda close friend the past school year, he was the only guy i really hung out with in school and sometimes outside of school, primarily because I knew him from before and we were both lacking social skills.

Now he's going to school many hours away n im all alone, now im pretty used to not having any close friends and being the expandable friend, but total loneliness i have never experienced before...

My new class is just the people from my previous class that I never talked to, n some new guys that started hanging out w the guys i never really talked to.

It's torture, why can't I just effortlessly make friends? Btw my looks are not the issue, i get many ioi's from women n dudes call me good looking as well. Im objectively above average, im tall, i'd like to think I have a decent personality, im just quiet when I don't know mfs...

If anyone else here have lived their life as the expendable friend, they know my pain, having people you can greet, and people that think ur "cool" and alright, but never care enough for you to invite you to hang out or go to a party.

Ig im just gonna hit the gym and work on myself for now.

• +1
Reactions: Bars, romanstock, PlayersGetPlayed and 2 others
nah bhai
Thtats the worst literally
Chronic loneliness is worse than chain smoking cigarettes and drinking... Constant spikes of cortisol... You are just speedrunning death

• +1
Reactions: PlayersGetPlayed
You'd think you get used to it after a certain amount of time, yet you will never be able to get rid of the loneliness, it stays with you forever.

Had one kinda close friend the past school year, he was the only guy i really hung out with in school and sometimes outside of school, primarily because I knew him from before and we were both lacking social skills.

Now he's going to school many hours away n im all alone, now im pretty used to not having any close friends and being the expandable friend, but total loneliness i have never experienced before...

My new class is just the people from my previous class that I never talked to, n some new guys that started hanging out w the guys i never really talked to.

It's torture, why can't I just effortlessly make friends? Btw my looks are not the issue, i get many ioi's from women n dudes call me good looking as well. Im objectively above average, im tall, i'd like to think I have a decent personality, im just quiet when I don't know mfs...

If anyone else here have lived their life as the expendable friend, they know my pain, having people you can greet, and people that think ur "cool" and alright, but never care enough for you to invite you to hang out or go to a party.

"I can't have friends but my personality, looks and height are not the issue" buddy boyo stop being a volcel and go out there so you don't end up like most of us :feelswhy:

Probably a hammer to the skull

"I can't have friends but my personality, looks and height are not the issue" buddy boyo stop being a volcel and go out there so you don't end up like most of us :feelswhy:
Idk maybe my personality is the issue, I just can't make myself talk to people i don't know like that, idk what to say.

• +1
Reactions: omnilegent
i was lonely once when my whole family went on holiday without me and I never hated life more. I skipped school the whole 2 weeks they were gone. My mood didn’t go back to normal until 2 months jfl