is there such thing as forward grown palate?

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond

is this a forward grown palate? and is that just the same as forward grown lower maxilla?

IMG 0490

me at 12. using this pic because don't want to use my pic online. only thing has changed is my nose I think. I have the same forward grown palate like sean, its like the gum angle isnt steep but grown outwards and rotated up.

My question is why do I have this yet I dont have forward growth of the upper maxilla? you can see from the picture I have hollow eyes. Do I have a recessed maxilla in this pic but good lower maxilla/palate growth?

I also have the same chin as when I was 12 too, its almost like I haven't changed bone-wise since 12

that's mostly caused by the skin surrounding the mouth, but the teeth themselves likely have a minor impact on it.

in most cases when people say their maxilla is recessed, what they mean is that their philtrum is weak, and their nasal aperture is flat or wide.

• +1
Reactions: sozz and Dystopian
that's mostly caused by the skin surrounding the mouth, but the teeth themselves likely have a minor impact on it.

in most cases when people say their maxilla is recessed, what they mean is that their philtrum is weak, and their nasal aperture is flat or wide.
so for my case do you think i just have a genetically shit upper maxilla? cause i have barely any projecting zygo. same for my chin its small;

me as a child. me as a baby. ive always head tear trough and not good upper maxilla. or is this a fat pad issue

View attachment 2474483View attachment 2474516
is this a forward grown palate? and is that just the same as forward grown lower maxilla?

View attachment 2474487
me at 12. using this pic because don't want to use my pic online. only thing has changed is my nose I think. I have the same forward grown palate like sean, its like the gum angle isnt steep but grown outwards and rotated up.

My question is why do I have this yet I dont have forward growth of the upper maxilla? you can see from the picture I have hollow eyes. Do I have a recessed maxilla in this pic but good lower maxilla/palate growth?

I also have the same chin as when I was 12 too, its almost like I haven't changed bone-wise since 12

View attachment 2474494
Screenshot 2023 10 05 at 43554 PM

maybe but it can also be argued that the vertical growth of the maxilla makes the palate space smaller, as seen here for the mandible. Meaning it may be about the vertical growth (remodeling) and not about a lack of growth (growth and remodeling 2 different things).

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Krakowski
so for my case do you think i just have a genetically shit upper maxilla? cause i have barely any projecting zygo. same for my chin its small;
the maxilla doesn't actually matter that much, most europeans have flat mid faces, upper lip projection is easily fixed with philtrum column fillers.

there's paranasal implants for the lines next to the nose, but it's also easy to get rid of them with fillers as well, I did both to fix my lip issues.

the maxilla doesn't actually matter that much, most europeans have flat mid faces, upper lip projection is easily fixed with philtrum column fillers.

there's paranasal implants for the lines next to the nose, but it's also easy to get rid of them with fillers as well, I did both to fix my lip issues.
what does it mean if I get 0 smile lines even when my smile is exaggerated. what is that a sign of?

also can upper maxilla still be genetically recessed but lower maxilla is okay

what does it mean if I get 0 smile lines even when my smile is exaggerated. what is that a sign of?

also can upper maxilla still be genetically recessed but lower maxilla is okay
it means you have shitty fat pads, but you could already tell that from the under eye support.

but anyway.

the nasal aperture has a bit of an outwards conch shape, in some people it's flatter or wider and that tends to cause these 'issues', it's not super important though, like a lot of models don't have particularly projected mid faces.

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03