Is this <15% bf?

mug

mug

Kraken
Was my leanest here is it enough to be 15% bf?

045A1503 B266 4A5D AD3B DC16889FF46B

• Ugh..
Reactions: Ken
Solution
alien

View attachment 2015625
You probably are sub-15% bf. But it looks like you have very weak core muscles. Do you do crunches, oblique exercises or work with ab machines at the gym at all? I think the reason why you don't have nice abs despite being low bf% is because you don't work your abs. It's true that you can't show off abdominal muscles if it's buried underneath too much fat. But you also need to have abdominal muscles to show off in the first place.

I second what Iasacrko said. You need to hit the gym ASAP. You need to develop your other muscles too ideally.

Lemme guess, you lived a completely sedentary lifestyle when you used to be fat? I had the same problem. My abs didn't start...
My god u gotta hit the gym asap

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25743, User28823, Ken and 3 others
Yeah it prob is sub 15, but idk why u still look like shit??? Were u a lot fatter in the past?

• +1
Reactions: mug

View attachment 2015625
You probably are sub-15% bf. But it looks like you have very weak core muscles. Do you do crunches, oblique exercises or work with ab machines at the gym at all? I think the reason why you don't have nice abs despite being low bf% is because you don't work your abs. It's true that you can't show off abdominal muscles if it's buried underneath too much fat. But you also need to have abdominal muscles to show off in the first place.

I second what Iasacrko said. You need to hit the gym ASAP. You need to develop your other muscles too ideally.

Lemme guess, you lived a completely sedentary lifestyle when you used to be fat? I had the same problem. My abs didn't start looking nice until late September-ish. Despite being low body fat for awhile. Having nice abs are not just about low body fat %. You need to develop your abdominal muscles too. And obliques too. I gained 8-11 pounds in just under 3 months with my recent bulk and my abs are more impressive now than they were back then. Because I grew my abdominal muscles and obliques. The machine I use for obliques at the gym has been out of order for a couple weeks though so I need to find some home exercises to do for my obliques. Because the ab machine I'm using now at the gym only targets the front abdominals.

Try to do 20 crunches at home without taking a rest. If you can't do 20 without rest, that just means your abdominal muscles are weak and you need to keep practicing until you can do 20 crunches. When I was a fat ass and skinnyfat, I couldn't do 20 crunches without stopping. Now it's not enough for me to do weighted crunches with 35 lb dumb bells (the heavier set of dumb bells they have at my gym don't have good grip on the bells), I have to use the ab machines to get the resistance I need. Try to do 25-35 reps of crunches across 2-4 sets. Once you can do 20 crunches x 2 sets = 40 reps total, start doing weighted crunches with dumb bells. And increase the weight progressively.

The ab machines at the gym are good too. I use them at my local gym. Aim for 7-12 reps per set for 3-4 sets. 25-35 reps total. Increase resistance if it's too easy for you. Decrease resistance if you can't do 7-12 reps per set for 3-4 sets, 25-35 reps total.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558 and mug
Solution