Is this a bad sign?

D

Deleted member 32529

humble work and mad wanderings
Screenshot 20230803 1924232

This orthodontist is suggesting hyrax (tooth borne) palatal expansion for adults lol

I want MSE but is this is a bad sign about their knowledge as an orthodontist

Go and ask other orthodontists

This states that it can produce results, my guess is your ortho's trying to avoid surgical treatment

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529
I dont have an ortho ATM
Go and ask other orthodontists

This states that it can produce results, my guess is your ortho's trying to avoid surgical treatment
My plan was to get MSE while facepulling which should give 5-6mm of maxilla froward growth and then get BSSO a little later on ( as I already have an overbite.

Idk though my upper teeth are already slightly wider than my bottom teeth so idk if I can even expand much, they say you need 10mm for any aesthetic differences

I dont have an ortho ATM

My plan was to get MSE while facepulling which should give 5-6mm of maxilla froward growth and then get BSSO a little later on ( as I already have an overbite.

Idk though my upper teeth are already slightly wider than my bottom teeth so idk if I can even expand much, they say you need 10mm for any aesthetic differences
What aesthetic differences do you want ?

What aesthetic differences do you want ?
FIrst and foremost id like a wider smile/wider lips, I currently have a barely 3.5 tooth (either side) smile and it legit lowers my psl by like 2 lol.

The under eye and cheekbone benefits would aslo be nice, I dont need much width from that to be good.

Oh I Understand, you should tell your orthodontist about widening your smile then.
I have similar problem 3-4 tooth smile + black spots, my ortho says Invisalign can fix it

i wouldnt mind better bones but ig theres other ways to do it
Oh I Understand, you should tell your orthodontist about widening your smile then.
I have similar problem 3-4 tooth smile + black spots, my ortho says Invisalign can fix it