Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
cant see
Chico ramus or death

• +1
Take a normal side profile picture

• +1
Like short in what Sense, compared to salludon ya it's fucking short,.but barrette Still looks good with short ramus
So a jaw angle implant wont really make a difference

• +1
  • +1
average

• +1
I would worry more about the Chin

Do i have paranasal reccession? Or do i lack upwards growth of the maxilla?

Last edited:
  • +1
short-average

• +1
Average

• +1
average, but average is short/underdeveloped
Would a jaw angle implant ascend me? Lower gonial amgle and longer more defined squarish ramus?
put your molars together boyo, your ramus will improve a lot in like 6 months

• +1
average, but average is short/underdeveloped

Cope have been doing that already

• +1
Would a jaw angle implant ascend me? Lower gonial amgle and longer more defined squarish ramus?
you are still in puberty, just chew hard foods or just chew hard on any food you eat and it might increase. maybe even chew falim gum with water tbh. would look for implants when you are 20+
and as others say, the ramus is not the problem its more your chin, idk what is wrong with it to be honest.
and also, sieg heil.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and PubertyMaxxer
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and DutchPrettyBoy
underdeveloped ramus
start chewing hard or get a gonial/jaw implant

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and Deleted member 1464
underdeveloped ramus
start chewing hard or get a gonial/jaw implant
View attachment 332350
this is a example of correlation not being causation, large muscles develop if you have your teeth together, intermediate is if you don’t have them together but not mouth breathing and small muscles is mouth breathing when you legit just let your jaw hang with 0 muscle tension taking place in the massesters, the muscle it’s self has nothing to do with how the jaw develops it’s just a byproduct

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol, Deleted member 1680 and 1 other person
this is a example of correlation not being causation, large muscles develop if you have your teeth together, intermediate is if you don’t have them together but not mouth breathing and small muscles is mouth breathing when you legit just let your jaw hang with 0 muscle tension taking place in the massesters, the muscle it’s self has nothing to do with how the jaw develops it’s just a byproduct
yeah youre just making your own theories

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and 5'8manlet
yeah youre just making your own theories
no mouth breathers always have very short ramuses/high gonial with no exceptions, I’m sure there are mouth breathers who chew more therefor leading to bigger masseters just like there is a distribution of masseter strength in non mouth breathers, but u will never find a mouth breather with a good ramus unless they clench their teeth during sleep or something

• +1
no mouth breathers always have very short ramuses/high gonial with no exceptions, I’m sure there are mouth breathers who chew more therefor leading to bigger masseters just like there is a distribution of masseter strength in non mouth breathers, but u will never find a mouth breather with a good ramus unless they clench their teeth during sleep or something
mouth breathers always have high gonial, youre right on that, but there isnt a correlation between your ramus size/development and mouth breathing.

the only difference between these 3 is their ramus development
if one was a mouthbreather the gonial angle would be completely different, it would be easy to tell from downward growth
and you don't just get large muscle csa from keeping your teeth together lol
Efdb2998 6546 4c7c be21 bafc272f8381 jpeg

for example look at this dude, very well developed ramus yet shitty gonial angle and recessed maxilla

• +1
mouth breathers always have high gonial, youre right on that, but there isnt a correlation between your ramus size/development and mouth breathing.
View attachment 332381
the only difference between these 3 is their ramus development
if one was a mouthbreather the gonial angle would be completely different, it would be easy to tell from downward growth
and you don't just get large muscle csa from keeping your teeth together lol
View attachment 332382
for example look at this dude, very well developed ramus yet shitty gonial angle and recessed maxilla
Your oral posture isn’t set in stone for life, most likely had bruxism when younger and then got it treated resulting in a mandible downswing, but his welldeveloped ramus wouldn’t just evaporate even if his jaw downswings, it can go both ways, reminds me of that kid who is associated with orthotropics who was well developed and than started mouth breathing due to allergies and his face melted

• +1
The image does indeed show correlation, but this theory right here is completely pulled out of your ass.

• +1
The image does indeed show correlation, but this theory right here is completely pulled out of your ass.
your bones will grow in the way they are directed to, mouth breathing=Jaw in downswung position = it will grow downwards, the ramus is like a hinge, there is 0 reason it would ever develop if there is no required movement because the jaws are always completely apart, your body sees 0 reason to develop bone because you didn’t prompt it to with anything

• +1
Your oral posture isn’t set in stone for life, most likely had bruxism when younger and then got it treated resulting in a mandible downswing, but his welldeveloped ramus wouldn’t just evaporate even if his jaw downswings, it can go both ways, reminds me of that kid who is associated with orthotropics who was well developed and than started mouth breathing due to allergies and his face melted
no he probably just had bruxism/chewed a lot and was a mouthbreather at the same time (mouthbreathing during developmental phases probably)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and retard
no he probably just had bruxism/chewed a lot and was a mouthbreather at the same time (mouthbreathing during developmental phases probably)
that’s possible, no really way to know for sure, there are so many combinations of jaw posture, back teeth together and front dropping, front in contact but not back teeth etc

mouth breathing it’s self isn’t bad, it’s that 95% of the people who do separate their jaws tons with their mouth wide open, you can mouth breathe and still have your molars in contact and you would develop much better than average, the pipe that your air comes in really doesn’t have an effect in its self lol

• +1
that’s possible, no really way to know for sure, there are so many combinations of jaw posture, back teeth together and front dropping, front in contact but not back teeth etc
yeah ur right theres a ton of factors for lower and upper jaw development
mouth breathing it’s self isn’t bad, it’s that 95% of the popular separates their jaws tons with their mouth wide open, you can mouth breathe and still have your molars in contact and you would develop much better than average, the pipe that your air comes in really doesn’t have an effect in its self lol
well you cant really mouth breathe if your teeth are together lol
anyway like i said, ramus size/development (including jaw width) doesn't have anything to do with your teeth being together
if your teeth are together that just means you won't have any downward growth

for example:
unknown.png

this girl has perfect forward growth of the lower jaw, developed perfectly and has almost zero downward growth whatsoever, it's clear to see she's kept her teeth together and maybe had the tongue on the roof of her mouth (i dont really believe in mewing) for her whole life
however as you can see her ramus is extremely short, it's almost not even there

ramus development correlates only to mastication activity, and females usually also have shorter ramuses (rami?) because bone development in face is affected by testosterone/dht

• +1
Bro you are right, ramus grows whole life. But still it's better to have long ramus as 20y boy
About 10 years difference, ~0.5 cm longer
739bc503bf6a585b655ba2907889ee41.jpg
a58a84aa9fe250c2e857a8601a4f30c3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
  • +1
your bones will grow in the way they are directed to, mouth breathing=Jaw in downswung position = it will grow downwards, the ramus is like a hinge, there is 0 reason it would ever develop if there is no required movement because the jaws are always completely apart, your body sees 0 reason to develop bone because you didn’t prompt it to with anything
We are not talking about morphology here, we are talking about bone mass.

• +1
Wait should your teeth be touching at all times? I've read conflicting things about how the front set should be slightly apart, but mine have been always clenched by the molars my entire life.

• +1