Is this workout routine good?

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
I'm at planet fitness until I can afford a real one.

The plan is to do good in school so I can get hired at Publix so I can get the money to go to LA FITNESS. Until then I got to settle with this
Screenshot 20210307 133715

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6785, Deleted member 5969, Deleted member 6403 and 1 other person
looks good, may u become buff bbc slayer bro

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6785, pizza and PYT
ye its good, keep ur T and macros high

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 6785

The plan is to do good in school so I can get hired at Publix so I can get the money to go to LA FITNESS. Until then I got to settle with thisView attachment 1028358
I mean it doesnt really matter what you do. all that this routine works and this dowsnt is cope. one thing I would change is in upper B do the pullups first. always start with the exhausting exercises who use a lot of muscle groups first

the rest is nutrition/ live style and mostly genetics

tbh it's like 70% about genetics

• +1
Reactions: PYT

Most cookie cutter programs are good enough. The most important thing is understanding the basic principles on how to achieve a good physique. A part of that is how you do your resistance training.

The most important thing is to train hard enough, with only a few reps in reserve for each set. Beyond that, the program needs to have enough weekly volume, and target the correct muscles.

My opinion is that most programs place way too much emphasis on the legs. Training your legs equally or more than your upper body is beyond retarded. Further, I think most people would benefit from just ditching squats and deadlifts. Typical gatekeeping powerlifter idiots usually pedal these lifts as "must do's" although they pose a huge injury risk for no hypertrophy benefits vs leg press / back extentions and so on.

Anyways, my findings is that doing a bro split or a PPL is best, because you get ample time to train every body part thorougly with enough volume. I personally do PPL 6x per week + arm day. But similar results can be achieved with bro split (4-5 or 6 day split) or upper/lower, however I think upper / lower is bad simply because training legs as much as training upper body is retarded if you're training for good looks (which is 99% of gym goers, although most won't admit it)

I personally also prefer working in higher rep ranges for ALL lifts, so like 8-12 reps instead of sets of five. It allows for a better mind muscle connection with less risk of injury and more overall volume in a more acceptable time frame. Another thing you have to remember is that you need enough protein in your diet. Take that part seriously.

• +1
Hello fellow teen gymaxxer

• +1

The plan is to do good in school so I can get hired at Publix so I can get the money to go to LA FITNESS. Until then I got to settle with thisView attachment 1028358
Publix???WHat is that

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate and PYT
Most cookie cutter programs are good enough. The most important thing is understanding the basic principles on how to achieve a good physique. A part of that is how you do your resistance training.

The most important thing is to train hard enough, with only a few reps in reserve for each set. Beyond that, the program needs to have enough weekly volume, and target the correct muscles.

My opinion is that most programs place way too much emphasis on the legs. Training your legs equally or more than your upper body is beyond retarded. Further, I think most people would benefit from just ditching squats and deadlifts. Typical gatekeeping powerlifter idiots usually pedal these lifts as "must do's" although they pose a huge injury risk for no hypertrophy benefits vs leg press / back extentions and so on.

Anyways, my findings is that doing a bro split or a PPL is best, because you get ample time to train every body part thorougly with enough volume. I personally do PPL 6x per week + arm day. But similar results can be achieved with bro split (4-5 or 6 day split) or upper/lower, however I think upper / lower is bad simply because training legs as much as training upper body is retarded if you're training for good looks (which is 99% of gym goers, although most won't admit it)

I personally also prefer working in higher rep ranges for ALL lifts, so like 8-12 reps instead of sets of five. It allows for a better mind muscle connection with less risk of injury and more overall volume in a more acceptable time frame. Another thing you have to remember is that you need enough protein in your diet. Take that part seriously.
I want to do upper/lower cause I might as well pay rent and live in the gym if I have to go 6 times a week you feel me?

I get what you're saying but I gotta walk 15 minutes to and from the gym each time I go

I mean it doesnt really matter what you do. all that this routine works and this dowsnt is cope. one thing I would change is in upper B do the pullups first. always start with the exhausting exercises who use a lot of muscle groups first

the rest is nutrition/ live style and mostly genetics

tbh it's like 70% about genetics
So it's good? And yeah I know, I just want to have the optimal routine so I can go crazy in the gym and not worry

It's decent, yeah

• +1
If this is decent what routine would be optimal
Preferably something that makes you workout 5 days a week instead of 4. I'd also include some extra exercises for biceps and triceps.

Oh and this is completely optional but I think you should incoroprate some work for your neck and forearms as well.

there is no optimal routine. it depends on so many factors. what matters in the end is that the muscle is exhausted. I personally have a chest,triceps/back,biceps/shoulder,neck/leg,abs split. so I have pushing muscle groups all on 1 day since with back you will ALWAYS use biceps as well. same for chest and triceps. I like really exhausting the muscle and have a bigger break between training it again. your plan seems to split into upper and lower. less intense per session but also less recovery needed. you plans seems to try to hit different muscles in upper A and upper B but you still do a pulling/pushing motions thus hitting the muscle you just recently trained. your plan goes the less intense but faster recovery route. mine is more intense slower recovery. it doesnt matter on the end.

Last edited:
I want to do upper/lower cause I might as well pay rent and live in the gym if I have to go 6 times a week you feel me?

I get what you're saying but I gotta walk 15 minutes to and from the gym each time I go

PPL is usually 6 times a week as well, hitting every body part 2 times per week. So both works!

• +1