Is too much water bad for debloating?

zzsleepin

zzsleepin

Iron
throughout school i drink around 1.5 liters of water (8am-2pm) and its gone to the point where my mouth gets dry when i constantly dont drink it and ive noticed im not exactly debloated even though i keep a good potassium sodium ratio by the end of the day i drink 3-4 liters should i cut down the amount of water i drink at school? i have to piss every 50 minutes im in there

The amount of water you retain has zero to do with how much water you drink. The two main things that retain water are glycogen and sodium.

Glycogen retaining water is generally not a bad thing as it's good for short burts of energy which helps with athleticism. It's stored primarily in the liver and muscles. Burning 700 calories of glycogen is will result in the loss of 1 lb of body weight, mostly due to the loss of water. And this is because 1 gram of glycogen holds 3 grams of water. When you "debloat" you're probably referring to losing weight and trying to look leaner and shaper. Losing a lot of glycogen won't help much and is actually feared by most bodybuilders as it gives a flatter appearance to the muscles.

Glycogen comes from eating carbs. If you don't eat carbs you'll store less glycogen and water. You won't really look better, you'll just be a little flatter, muscle wise.

Sodium can also retain water but this isn't ever a serious issue for anyone who is healthy as you lose a lot of sodium through sweating. And excess sodium is expelled through urine. The body regulates sodium levels in the body very, very tightly through the kidneys and it's impossible to alter this significantly without something like diuretics.

If you want to "debloat" you want to always focus on losing fat. You will inevitably lose a lot of water weight from losing glycogen stores and water, and a little extra sodium when you start losing weight, which helps you feel better from weight loss - but for a sharper leaner look you have to keep going to shed the actual fat off which takes time.

Excess water will be expelled through urine and glycogen and sodium determine the amount you store. Thirst will override your ability to not drink.

• +1
Reactions: panjeet currycel
The amount of water you retain has zero to do with how much water you drink. The two main things that retain water are glycogen and sodium.

Glycogen retaining water is generally not a bad thing as it's good for short burts of energy which helps with athleticism. It's stored primarily in the liver and muscles. Burning 700 calories of glycogen is will result in the loss of 1 lb of body weight, mostly due to the loss of water. And this is because 1 gram of glycogen holds 3 grams of water. When you "debloat" you're probably referring to losing weight and trying to look leaner and shaper. Losing a lot of glycogen won't help much and is actually feared by most bodybuilders as it gives a flatter appearance to the muscles.

Glycogen comes from eating carbs. If you don't eat carbs you'll store less glycogen and water. You won't really look better, you'll just be a little flatter, muscle wise.

Sodium can also retain water but this isn't ever a serious issue for anyone who is healthy as you lose a lot of sodium through sweating. And excess sodium is expelled through urine. The body regulates sodium levels in the body very, very tightly through the kidneys and it's impossible to alter this significantly without something like diuretics.

If you want to "debloat" you want to always focus on losing fat. You will inevitably lose a lot of water weight from losing glycogen stores and water, and a little extra sodium when you start losing weight, which helps you feel better from weight loss - but for a sharper leaner look you have to keep going to shed the actual fat off which takes time.

Excess water will be expelled through urine and glycogen and sodium determine the amount you store. Thirst will override your ability to not drink.
dnr

You're not even the OP, why would anyone care if a bystander read a post lmfao? Tbh I don't even care if OP read I just like rereading my own brilliance. But a random stranger? Lmfaooo, some of you guys make me cackle.

• +1
Reactions: halloweed

im already quite lean so i dont think losing any further weight would do any significant change + im still growing so i dont wanna risk stunting growth so should I drink 1.5 liters of water throughout school (i start to feel slightly more bloated when i go over a bit on the water) or just drink when thirsty?

yea but wouldnt 2 liters from 8am-2pm be a lot wouldnt it better to space it out more?
I think it doesnt really matter, I drink like 5L 1.5 in the morning, 2L between 3-5pm and then I drink when i want

I think it doesnt really matter, I drink like 5L 1.5 in the morning, 2L between 3-5pm and then I drink when i want
i heard some people saying that when u drink more water than what youre used to your body stores it and ngl ive noticed after i drink loads of water i get more bloated

i heard some people saying that when u drink more water than what youre used to your body stores it and ngl ive noticed after i drink loads of water i get more bloated
maybe, im trying to drink more water and i dont really look any less bloated, trying to eat a lot of potassium and less sodium rn

• +1
Reactions: zzsleepin
throughout school i drink around 1.5 liters of water (8am-2pm) and its gone to the point where my mouth gets dry when i constantly dont drink it and ive noticed im not exactly debloated even though i keep a good potassium sodium ratio by the end of the day i drink 3-4 liters should i cut down the amount of water i drink at school? i have to piss every 50 minutes im in there
no debloat for ur bones

• WTF
Reactions: zzsleepin

there are skinny guys that are bloated, i doubt it has any relation with fat its water retention.