Is tret really dangerous?

austrianlooksmaxxer

austrianlooksmaxxer

Bronze
My father is a skin doctor and he says retinol is dangerous because you can get liver damage from it and poison yourself with it. Is this true? I have no acne but i want to use it for looksmax (glow) because of funky flamingo

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: killsquid, RichardSpencel and forevermirin
Depends how hungry you are

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 33540, aleksander, 6′2 still over and 5 others
lmfao no, its fine. Accutane is the one which can give liver damage, topical tretinoin is fine

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, Kristin and austrianlooksmaxxer
if you have liver failure from retinol you were already 1 foot into the grave to begin with.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, Zenis, Kristin and 1 other person
Yes it's terrible just let your skin go to shit like normies :feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and RichardSpencel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel and distance decay
Rubbing tretonoin cream on your face = Your liver stopping. Makes sense

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, Maalik, 6′2 still over and 1 other person
You sure your father is a doctor lol?

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, 6′2 still over, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
Rubbing tretonoin cream on your face = Your liver stopping. Makes sense
You clearly haven't studied any medical related. By rubbing things on your skin, it can enter your pores and your blood stream and eventually find its way to your liver. It seems unlikely, but it's possible.

• +1
Reactions: blackckatt, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Av0nr and 2 others
You clearly haven't studied any medical related. By rubbing things on your skin, it can enter your pores and your blood stream and eventually find its way to your liver. It seems unlikely, but it's possible.
Yeah very very unlikely, the only creams and stuff that can be harmful that i know of is skin lightening because it contains a shit ton of mercury but thats because its fuckin mercury.

• JFL
Reactions: Gengar
Yeah very very unlikely, the only creams and stuff that can be harmful that i know of is skin lightening because it contains a shit ton of mercury but thats because its fuckin mercury.
Based, more poojeets in danger.

• JFL
Reactions: aleksander and distance decay
My father is a skin doctor
IMG 2908

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Healthmaxx, Gilly, horsefacin and 8 others
He's right, all skincare is poison and stuff you put on your skin gets absorbed. Still using it tho, worth the side effects.

My father is a skin doctor and he says retinol is dangerous because you can get liver damage from it and poison yourself with it. Is this true? I have no acne but i want to use it for looksmax (glow) because of funky flamingo
Tret is not dangerous as cream coz there is close to none system absorption, tret is dangerous as pills coz it treats leukemia, and then the cancerous dead cells hurt your organs.

I have been using tret 0.1% from skinorac for more than a year now to maintain my gay glow and there is definitely no issue with the same.

• JFL
Reactions: RichardSpencel
Retinol has a ''purge'' phase, your skin gets a little worse before it gets better again.You may have bad skin in the first few weeks.The side effects i know are red spots, dry skin, your skin may roll off. I only had red spots and dry skin. Start with small doses (i only applied it 1-2x a week for the beginning) and work your way up to higher doses week after week (For example start with 0,5% Retinol, thats what i started with). Tbh for me retinol and collagen maxxing were one of the best things I could do for my skin.I never saw really ''bad'' case seen by retinol. Most of the time it was some idiot who applied it incorrectly and got bad skin. Thats what i know and what my dermatologist told me lol.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali
Yes that's a normal rule of tret but worth it
Retinol has a ''purge'' phase, your skin gets a little worse before it gets better again.You may have bad skin in the first few weeks.The side effects i know are red spots, dry skin, your skin may roll off. I only had red spots and dry skin. Start with small doses (i only applied it 1-2x a week for the beginning) and work your way up to higher doses week after week (For example start with 0,5% Retinol, thats what i started with). Tbh for me retinol and collagen maxxing were one of the best things I could do for my skin.I never saw really ''bad'' case seen by retinol. Most of the time it was some idiot who applied it incorrectly and got bad skin. Thats what i know and what my dermatologist told me lol.

• +1
Reactions: lestoa
if you are pregnant yes

i think ur father meant oral isotretinoin, if you do not get regular check ups while using it then yes it can do damage

• +1
Reactions: Gilly
Botb tret is poison

Use it, no way for liver damage to happen except if you swallow the whole gel. It works wonders. Use clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide also.