Is working Abs a looksmax or overrated ?

Raton

Raton

Bronze
I really think that abs are overrated in general

Do you have some studies to give me about it ?

• JFL
Reactions: racoon4
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19896, GymCelNeckPill, FootLongDong and 2 others
imagine needing studies to realize indicators of low body fat is attractive to women

but training abs as an exercise is not necessary and you may get a subhuman big waist from it
just have low body fat

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, Deleted member 15302, Deleted member 1332 and 3 others
They're not if you got the face to go with it

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and Raton
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Growth Plate
abs are extremely attractive

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deprived, Moggie, racoon4 and 2 others
I have abs naturally because of my bodyfat

But i find a flat belly more attractive with slight abs definition
being "mind-blowingly shredded" to normies is another huge halo in status and looks. just have abs unflexed

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
In order to have defined abs, you do not need to train them in isolation, necessarily.

However, core training has other benefits such as preventing (future) lower-back pain.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19896, Kingcel32 and Deleted member 1332
Abs are worth training but it's not like you're walking around with your shirt off for more than a couple days a year at most, if you're a typical dude. Can be great if you're trying to thirst trap girls on Tinder tho

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 19615
It's not all the actual abs but also the low bodyfat and overall muscular high-T build associated with abs. Abs are still a looksmax tho.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32 and Deleted member 18890
me reading this knowing I skip core and need to do more of it
my abs arent bad for being at 20% bf though once i cut to 12-15% they'll be visible

In order to have defined abs, you do not need to train them in isolation, necessarily.
yes you do. they definitely won't get big from compound lifts alone and in order to maximize the weight that you can use with compound lifts you also need to do some assistance work as well. for example, you can't have a big squat if your abs are weak.

yes you do. they definitely won't get big from compound lifts alone and in order to maximize the weight that you can use with compound lifts you also need to do some assistance work as well. for example, you can't have a big squat if your abs are weak.
Cope. I got decent abs without training them directly, after less than a year of training.

• +1
Reactions: Raton, casadebanho and Deleted member 18890
Cope. I got decent abs without training them directly, after less than a year of training.
well, I guess it does depend on what you think big is. post a pic

well, I guess it does depend on what you think big is. post a pic
This was my core after roughly 9 months of gymcelling and never did I train my abs in isolation throughout this period.
Screenshot 20220515 010725 Gallery

Admittedly, my abs would probably have been better+more defined had I incorporated direct core training but even without doing that, they were still pretty decent.
Not big or anything, but still decently defined.

• +1
Reactions: Virgin at 29 😔 and Sigmamale
This was my core after roughly 9 months of gymcelling and never did I train my abs in isolation throughout this period.
View attachment 1736438
Admittedly, my abs would probably have been better+more defined had I incorporated direct core training but even without doing that, they were still pretty decent.
Not the best ab genetics, good proportions though

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan

Super poor return of investment in general and it doesn't help you pick up girls (except on the beach and Tinder) but it helps keeping girls attracted to you in bed.

Its not overrated to work ABS but direct ab work is overrated. Try do some L sit pullups it will fry ur ABS

Peele never see anything except neck and shoulder width, there might be something to what you say.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
Not overrated, its a great way to work your core

Exactly, never train abs/did crunches and have a strong 6pack

It's all about insertions and being low bodyfat %

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer and Gargantuan
Besides, training core will make your waist thicker (thinner waist is aesthetic and ideal)

View attachment 1736438
nice frame

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
you dont need a 6 pack, but your face must be lean

the 6 pack (even if small) comes with the leanness, so you dont need to work abs, just be lean

If your not low bodyfat in 2022 with visible abs

It’s over

Or consider going for landwhales

Abs are definitely worth it. However you must have symmetrical abs and good insertions in general for them to look good.

Abs are the only muscles jbs care about

Worth it for the beach pic for tinder halo, women wanted an 'effortless' physique that requires years of training :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: