It's crazy how unprofitable making music is

swaggyp1

swaggyp1

Kraken
you get paid 1/3 of a cent per stream on spotify

so literally 400k streams until you make a thousand bucks

you can't really make money as an artist just by relying on people listening, you need people to come to your concert

• +1
Reactions: zura, Deleted member 29167, thereallegend and 7 others
Tuff I have the money too I might open a studio and rent it out for $30 an hour there are so many niggers who want to be rappers now adays

• JFL
Reactions: Jhon Smith, Clark69 and Deleted member 8608

you can't really make money as an artist just by relying on people listening, you need people to come to your concert
The thing is making shows, if you have listeners you make shows and thats a looot of money, also, if you have somewhat big numbers you can make a really good living being an artist.

A million streams could only make a little over 2K. That's fucked up. Spotify probably makes 20x that with premium and advertisements they get from a million streams
Frank

Tuff I have the money too I might open a studio and rent it out for $30 an hour there are so many niggers who want to be rappers now adays

Careful doing business with blacks

They don’t always want to pay and may get violent

• JFL
Reactions: Jhon Smith, SLA and Deleted member 6128
Careful doing business with blacks

They don’t always want to pay and may get violent
Which is why you have them pay before and if they dont pay lock them inside them studio

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jhon Smith, horizontallytall and swaggyp1
Let me guess you’re an autotune rapper

Spotify is really jewing artists.

My father taught me: the hardest thing to do on guitar is make money. Music is a hobby or a "passion" (careful) and not a career.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
My father taught me: the hardest thing to do on guitar is make money. Music is a hobby or a "passion" (careful) and not a career.

Teaching private guitar lessons or piano lessons is a decent middle class living

I pay my guitar teacher $30 a half hour, but I believe the music school takes a big chunk

If money in my life were of no importance whatsoever I'd probably just be making and playing music for the most part.

• +1
Reactions: soulless_npc
Making a basic music video for YT would likely be significantly more profitable.