its insane how different ppl look on camera

vzidel

vzidel

dorian gray
so today i had my usual 6 hr long acting intensive, and i was helping one of my friends tape an audition. and while i was taping it, i was looking back and forward between the phone on the ring light and her actual like yk presence or whatever. and her face looked so much worse on the phone, like it made all her features look subhuman and shit. same things happens to me sometimes when we tape audition tapes. shit looks like ass

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, Gonthar and Darkeningstar
so today i had my usual 6 hr long acting intensive, and i was helping one of my friends tape an audition. and while i was taping it, i was looking back and forward between the phone on the ring light and her actual like yk presence or whatever. and her face looked so much worse on the phone, like it made all her features look subhuman and shit. same things happens to me sometimes when we tape audition tapes. shit looks like ass
Lens distortion, de la cruz has it too

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
Lol, you film an audition tape on a phone?:feelskek:
If she wants to get a part in a professional movie or something, she should film the audition on a camera with a 35mm sensor, that's what they use in the industry, it gives very pleasing, aesthetic images, there are also many cheap affordable models like older, second-hand DSLRs, that can replicate easily the look of much more expensive cameras.

Lol, you film an audition tape on a phone?:feelskek:
If she wants to get a part in a professional movie or something, she should film the audition on a camera with a 35mm sensor, that's what they use in the industry, it gives very pleasing, aesthetic images, there are also many cheap affordable models like older, second-hand DSLRs, that can replicate easily the look of much more expensive cameras.
overcomplicating it dude, ive been doing acting since i was little and in all the workshops and classes ive been in, they’ve always used a phone or tablet with a ring light for practice tapes. most actors use phones, unless they’re like a listers. all the major movie parts ive gotten casted for have had my auditon taped on an iphone. it wasnt until the last two years or so that ive switched to a professional setup, considering id gained more traction and attention. either way, thanks for the advice.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Gonthar