its over (CScels get in here too)

IndraBC

IndraBC

Fat Balls
second year college student and second semester in computer science. Im in intermediate C and dont know how to code for shit. Like i can barely get past hello world. Im lazy and rely on chatGPT. Any hope? I feel like there is but need motivation. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: zeshama, Mewton, DrKlinefelterPhdMd and 10 others
  • JFL
Reactions: Mewton, DrKlinefelterPhdMd and Deleted member 26859
bro no way you're in second year and can barely get past hello world what

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Mewton, becomingnearperfect, Danish_Retard and 7 others
bro no way you're in second year and can barely get past hello world what
well tis my second semester in CS but yeah tbh. I've spammed chatgpt in intro to C programming. Now im in intermediate

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
well tis my second semester in CS but yeah tbh. I've spammed chatgpt in intro to C programming. Now im in intermediate
start studying it won't be that hard to learn to be able to at least pass in intermediate I don't know much about C cause it's not the language we learn in my uni but if it's an object oriented language it'll be easy to get to that point

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, LooksmaxxHopeful, poopoohead and 2 others
start studying it won't be that hard to learn to be able to at least pass in intermediate I don't know much about C cause it's not the language we learn in my uni but if it's an object oriented language it'll be easy to get to that point
I feel like Uni programming classes are tedious so i want to compliment the class with outside resources instead, like this website:

Btw I am also taking discrete math and digital electronics. I am going to prioritize C programming over the other two.

I feel like Uni programming classes are tedious so i want to compliment the class with outside resources instead, like this website:

Btw I am also taking discrete math and digital electronics. I am going to prioritize C programming over the other two.
if you find discrete math easy you will find that the degree is not that difficult cause it uses a lot of the same thinking from discrete math but the harder you find discrete math the harder the degree will be

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and poopoohead
if you find discrete math easy you will find that the degree is not that difficult cause it uses a lot of the same thinking from discrete math but the harder you find discrete math the harder the degree will be
So basically I should spam discrete math and C programming.

So basically I should spam discrete math and C programming.
basically yea you're gonna learn proofs in discrete math and you will use those in a lot of courses

basically yea you're gonna learn proofs in discrete math and you will use those in a lot of courses
Alright I’ll spam discrete and that website to learn C/C++.

What year are u in?

I'm taking discrete right now, and the most fundamental aspect to discrete, and really programming and math in general is logic.

You might only do some basic propositional logic stuff, but I'd really recommend delving deep into logic and learning some higher order logics

This is probably the best resource I coudl give you on the subject: https://github.com/OpenLogicProject/OpenLogic/wiki/Other-Logic-Textbooks

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
I'm taking discrete right now, and the most fundamental aspect to discrete, and really programming and math in general is logic.

You might only do some basic propositional logic stuff, but I'd really recommend delving deep into logic and learning some higher order logics

This is probably the best resource I coudl give you on the subject: https://github.com/OpenLogicProject/OpenLogic/wiki/Other-Logic-Textbooks
yeah i need to improve my logic skills. like i said ill spam discrete and C programming with the website i provided above. and thanks for that resource too ill look at it

second year college student and second semester in computer science. Im in intermediate C and dont know how to code for shit. Like i can barely get past hello world. Im lazy and rely on chatGPT. Any hope? I feel like there is but need motivation. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
How did you spend 2 years in college and not learn jack shit.

• So Sad
Reactions: IndraBC
How did you spend 2 years in college and not learn jack shit.
well its only my second semester in comp sci. but yeah thats what happens when u spam chatGPT.

Digital electronic and logic design vs discrete mathematics. Which one should I prioritize? I’m assuming discrete since it’s much more related to my major (CS), it’s easier and it would still help me think logically.

Digital electronic and logic design vs discrete mathematics. Which one should I prioritize? I’m assuming discrete since it’s much more related to my major (CS), it’s easier and it would still help me think logically.
discrete obviously

• +1
Reactions: mizzy
@SecularIslamist i dont appreciate the laugh :feelswhat:😡

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: poopoohead and SecularIslamist
Im lazy and rely on chatGPT.
You will fuck yourself so hard in the ass if you continue doing this. You will never make it if you continue doing this. Thank god chatgpt didn't exist until I just about graduated... I had to learn the fundamentals and actually understand shit and now so many zoomers are fucked and will be fucked even harder when they realize you can't chatgpt in the interview :lul:

C is a low level language so it's much more difficult than other languages but that's what I started off with first and it's actually good because you learn the fundamentals and get to appreciate higher level languages.

What do you mean you can't get past hello world? You don't understand variables, loops? Or are they throwing pointers at you? Those were a pita to understand in the beginning...

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
You will fuck yourself so hard in the ass if you continue doing this. You will never make it if you continue doing this. Thank god chatgpt didn't exist until I just about graduated... I had to learn the fundamentals and actually understand shit and now so many zoomers are fucked and will be fucked even harder when they realize you can't chatgpt in the interview :lul:

C is a low level language so it's much more difficult than other languages but that's what I started off with first and it's actually good because you learn the fundamentals and get to appreciate higher level languages.

What do you mean you can't get past hello world? You don't understand variables, loops? Or are they throwing pointers at you? Those were a pita to understand in the beginning...
Ur right. I gotta step it up and devote a lot of time to programming. What do you recommend

Ur right. I gotta step it up and devote a lot of time to programming. What do you recommend
Build projects that interest you. Watching tutorials past the basics is cope, this guy explains it well:

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC and Danish_Retard
Alright thanks for the advise.

What’re ur thoughts on this: https://www.codechef.com/

I feel like as an newbie it would help
As long as it's interactive and challenges you it's worth it but past the basics you should just start building projects

• +1
As long as it's interactive and challenges you it's worth it but past the basics you should just start building projects
What would you consider “the basics”?

What would you consider “the basics”?
Variables, loops, conditionals, functions, classes, OOP, data structures and algorithms.

After that, once you know one language it's easy to learn another -> learnxinyminutes.com

Variables, loops, conditionals, functions, classes, OOP, data structures and algorithms.

After that, once you know one language it's easy to learn another -> learnxinyminutes.com
I feel like that’s all past intermediate

They go into more in the last 2 years of uni so dont worry that much.
Also just leetcode for hours

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC and Master_Wanky
What would you consider the basics?
Even hello world is too difficult for this guy its fucking over. @op just go flip burgers for a living itll be easier that way

Even hello world is too difficult for this guy its fucking over. @op just go flip burgers for a living itll be easier that way
I exaggerated that part dummy

They go into more in the last 2 years of uni so dont worry that much.
Also just leetcode for hours
Yeah I will spam coding practices (like that website above) for hours and hopefully try to get my hands on Bromantane for increased cognitive function

same i cant do shit without chatgpt

• +1