Its possible that fragrances, detergents and shampoo is causing the bulk of my acne problems

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I remember how when i was very depressed and didn't shower for 1 month a year ago or went outside (so no fragrance), my skin was calmer, noticeable less inflammation and less acne during that month. I also didn't change by pillow case for that 1 month either.

Could it be that these compounds that cause "over cleaniness" unironically make my condition quite worse?

The thing that made me make this thread is how the past month i was showering more frequently then ever (lukewarm water), changing my pillow case more then ever, and putting parfume on my NECK. I capitalized neck because the past 2 months I've noticed quite a lot of acne on my neck just below the jawline.

I've unintentionally not changed my pillow case for 1 week now, or my bed sheets and my face definitely looks calmer.

Idk how to not be a stinky hobo in public amd uni but also keep these stuff from my body as much as possible

• Woah
Reactions: pneumocystosis
stop using shampoo anyway
itll take half a year to fully adapt but its worth it

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, Deleted member 21044 and sub5inchcel
When I sometimes get pimples it’s always due to hormonal fluctuations, like when I fail to get adequate sleep. I do think diet and skincare is overrated when it comes to acne, our endocrine system is the main culprit

• +1
Reactions: stressftw, Deleted member 22126 and TsarTsar444
holy shit ur right.

back in summer when i didn't shower or wear perfume i didn't have to take skincare as seriously.

now i get small outbreaks around my chin and slightly beneath (where i apply my perfume).

I think perfume has a role in this. i may try an experiment to see if its legit tho

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
i smell like shit and still have acne

• So Sad
stop using shampoo anyway
itll take half a year to fully adapt but its worth it
You serious about this? My hair is wavy-curly and long (shoulder lenght) and it doesn't get really oily so i could try this tbh, but won't my hair smell dirty?

When I sometimes get pimples it’s always due to hormonal fluctuations, like when I fail to get adequate sleep. I do think diet and skincare is overrated when it comes to acne, our endocrine system is the main culprit
Diet im not sure about but i believe carbs can cause acne, haven't done carnivore longer then 6 days so im not sure how it would help if i did it more then 1 month.

Also agree on skincare, moisturizer and cleasner don't decrease acne at all jfl, im using them with tret but honestly i think cleanser isn't necessarily, cause i don't work a physically demanding job, and my face isn't oily now from using tretinoin, so makes no sense to use cleansers. Moisturizer is different because tret makes my skin peel so i need it

• +1
Reactions: metagross and Prettyboy
holy shit ur right.

back in summer when i didn't shower or wear perfume i didn't have to take skincare as seriously.

now i get small outbreaks around my chin and slightly beneath (where i apply my perfume).

I think perfume has a role in this. i may try an experiment to see if its legit tho
My thread was semi rhetorical, because it is actually well established by now that fragrance causes irritation which drives inflammation and therefore acne in people with sensitive skin.

Keep in mind detergents used to wash pillowcases also have fragrances in almost all instances.

• Woah
Reactions: pneumocystosis
What do you use instead?
absolutely nothing
i dont even wash my hair. and im not kidding, i put a showering cap on everytime i shower. and i have perfect hair quality and i love it, also no dandruff

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
Diet im not sure about but i believe carbs can cause acne, haven't done carnivore longer then 6 days so im not sure how it would help if i did it more then 1 month.
To be honest diet does affect it, but not so much the food itself, rather some people have endocrine systems that are sensitive even to minor fluctuations

That’s why some people get breakouts from consuming dairy, the small amount of androgen hormones and IGF1 is enough to throw their balance off

• +1
To be honest diet does affect it, but not so much the food itself, rather some people have endocrine systems that are sensitive even to minor fluctuations

That’s why some people get breakouts from consuming dairy, the small amount of androgen hormones and IGF1 is enough to throw their balance off
do you make kefir?

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
It could be. There are some posts on acne forums that talk about how changing their shampoo or bodywash made their body acne better.
So it could be possible. I don't know for sure though. I recently switched to tea tree oil for my back and I don't know if it will be better or not. Just got it 4 days ago.

I remember how when i was very depressed and didn't shower for 1 month a year ago or went outside (so no fragrance), my skin was calmer, noticeable less inflammation and less acne during that month. I also didn't change by pillow case for that 1 month either.

Could it be that these compounds that cause "over cleaniness" unironically make my condition quite worse?

The thing that made me make this thread is how the past month i was showering more frequently then ever (lukewarm water), changing my pillow case more then ever, and putting parfume on my NECK. I capitalized neck because the past 2 months I've noticed quite a lot of acne on my neck just below the jawline.

I've unintentionally not changed my pillow case for 1 week now, or my bed sheets and my face definitely looks calmer.

Idk how to not be a stinky hobo in public amd uni but also keep these stuff from my body as much as possible
does showering with just water give you acne

do you make kefir?
Yes sometimes I make it at home with my kefir grains

But currently I’m in Poland for autumn break and I’ve been drinking a liter of buttermilk everyday since I’m here

5893-maslanka-polska-1-l-butelka-pet-w03-naturalny-0030-kopia.jpg

It’s fermented, has kefir like texture but tastes sweeter, I found it very easy to digest

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and TsarTsar444

But currently I’m in Poland for autumn break and I’ve been drinking a liter of buttermilk everyday since I’m here

It’s fermented, has kefir like texture but tastes sweeter, I found it very easy to digest
What is buttermilk in balkan terms?

• +1
  • +1
Could you by any chance tell me how you make it?
Would be appreciated

It’s not complicated at all, I leave the kefir grain in it for a day, I use the fattiest (3.6%) milk to make it

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and ChristianChad

Have you tried Russian baked milk (ryazhanka)?
Tastes absolutely incredible.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Prettyboy
I have drank varenec, it’s delicious , I don’t know whether the two are the same

But let’s be honest all Slavic dairy products taste incredible, be it tvorog, smetana or others

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and SteveRogers

what are your thoughts on drinking 1 liter of heavy cream a day

• WTF
Reactions: ChristianChad
I have drank varenec, it’s delicious , I don’t know whether the two are the same

But let’s be honest all Slavic dairy products taste incredible, be it tvorog, smetana or others
100% luckily I found a local place that sells all of that stuff;
1602574B D8E7 4062 9470 2E77EFA2AAF5

our supermarkets are so cucked here that my local has a homemade “warning” sign on all of the meat and dairy (it’s all pasteurised anyway) that some vegan worker had likely made.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and ChristianChad
100% luckily I found a local place that sells all of that stuff;
View attachment 1924013
our supermarkets are so cucked here that my local has a homemade “warning” sign on all of the meat and dairy (it’s all pasteurised anyway) that some vegan worker had likely made.
Warning: WILL MAKE THE JEWS SEETH!

>tfw the goyim eat real food and dont consume literal animal feed

• Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers
I’ve just tried out rjazhenka, it’s was very tasty. I got it from the local Russian store, I’ll definitely buy more in the future

603708B4 6697 4664 ACF1 253CE151546C

• Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers

The short answer for your question is Yes

Anything that can potentially irritate your skin can lead to more sebum production, more acne, more clogged pores and so on..

I do my routine without washing my face with water and soap everyday because when i do it does irritates my skin alot and lead to more breakouts. It took me years of trial and error with my skin to know what will make it under control, you will need to know what's best for you because it differs from person to person. Also, alot of people does breakout from different pathogens that arent necessarily Propionibacterium acnes. There is fungal acne(demodex), staph, MRSA and other culprits for potential breakouts on the skin and all of them feed off your sebum and can potentially destroy your skin when your skin natural protection and PH alters