its so effortless being a pessimist

wollet2

wollet2

Kraken
i see all these wannabe deluded fags trying to twist things around in the most nonsensical ways to make them appear good yet its so easy being a pessimist and calling things out as they are and it makes the most sense

• +1
Reactions: MostGLSlayer, MoggerGaston, USERΝAME and 2 others
pessimism/depression more accurately describes life than the optimism/positivity that most people have.

It's a common theme in psychology, 'depressive realism', where there's a struggle within psychology with the fact that depression is actually just a more accurate, realistic view on life. While the 'normal' 'non-depressed' human has a deluded sense of reality.

Realists are essentially 'depressed'. While happy people are delusional.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
i make the most sense out of all people i interact with

• +1
Reactions: spongebob and MoggerGaston
pessimism/depression more accurately describes life than the optimism/positivity that most people have.

It's a common theme in psychology, 'depressive realism', where there's a struggle within psychology with the fact that depression is actually just a more accurate, realistic view on life. While the 'normal' 'non-depressed' human has a deluded sense of reality.

Realists are essentially 'depressed'. While happy people are delusional.
i feel sorry for those that deep down feel like shit but keep trying to be optimistic or have hope

there is no hope

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
i feel sorry for those that deep down feel like shit but keep trying to be optimistic or have hope

there is no hope
There's only acceptance. Feeling like shit mostly stems from not being able to accept reality, wanting reality to be different.

There's only acceptance. Feeling like shit mostly stems from not being able to accept reality, wanting reality to be different.
'acceptance' just leads to numbness

the best we can get is feeling numb sometimes. some people are in so great suffering they can never escape it until they die.
life is fucking horrible

'acceptance' just leads to numbness

the best we can get is feeling numb sometimes. some people are in so great suffering they can never escape it and feel numb.
life is fucking horrible
I disagree. Numbness doesn't come from acceptance, it comes from not wanting to feel/experience the life you you have, your reality. That's how you become numb to life.

This the exact opposite of acceptance. Acceptance doesn't mean good emotions only, it means also feeling the bad of life and accepting those emotions.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
I disagree. Numbness doesn't come from acceptance, it comes from not wanting to feel/experience the life you you have, your reality. That's how you become numb to life.

This the exact opposite of acceptance. Acceptance doesn't mean good emotions only, it means also feeling the bad of life and accepting those emotions.
acceptance is a silly thing. most people dont know what theyre talking about or been trhough serious stuff to 'accept'. these people are the ones with a positive mindset even if they try to deny it, its so obvious

from my experience acceptance practically just means giving up, doing the next most fun that is available instead of trying to improve ur situation, which in most cases is still unfun cuz the trauma youre supposed to accept has made it unable for you to enjoy anything

try to accept eternal doom ig

it all comes down to this. yet ppl still try to go around it, develop a mindset that they win lol

Last edited:
acceptance is a silly thing.
why
most people dont know what theyre talking about or been trhough serious stuff to 'accept'. these people are the ones with a positive mindset even if they try to deny it, its so obvious
They also refuse to accept shitty parts of their life, but because these parts aren't big, they can still 'function' properly as non-depressed.
from my experience acceptance practically just means giving up, doing the next most fun that is available instead of trying to improve ur situation, which in most cases is still unfun cuz the trauma youre supposed to accept has made it unable for you to enjoy anything

try to accept eternal doom ig
Acceptance has nothing to do with giving up, but accepting a shitty position you are in on an emotional level and dealing with it.
How is repressing trauma, avoiding it, any better than accepting it and slowly dealing with it's consequences?

I never said acceptance is easy, in fact it is far HARDER than repression of emotion.

Repressing emotion is in fact, the default state of human-life, the easy way of going about things.

why

They also refuse to accept shitty parts of their life, but because these parts aren't big, they can still 'function' properly as non-depressed.

Acceptance has nothing to do with giving up, but accepting a shitty position you are in on an emotional level and dealing with it.
How is repressing trauma, avoiding it, any better than accepting it and slowly dealing with it's consequences?

I never said acceptance is easy, in fact it is far HARDER than repression of emotion.

Repressing emotion is in fact, the default state of human-life, the easy way of going about things.
ofc acceptance has a lot to do with giving up

what youre describing is being in a shitty situation that you deny even of recognising. most serious problems have no solutions and thats where people give up of their older ways and do something else if they can.

dealing with a trauma is often trying to ignore it since you can not heal it
serious trauma just reduces ur quality of life theres no other way to look at it

why

there is no universal thing called acceptance that leads to something good

some cases are more workable, some are terminal. a quadriplegic will face the consequences and feel like shit whether or not he 'accepts' his situation. the inability to do activities he desired will cause him psychological suffering