I’ve found the best hairstyle

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
44615242 09C8 436E B8F8 6D214F3174D0

Top is messy which is low effort, exotic and women like it most.

Sides are short to provide facial structure but not so short that you can see skin.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Mike95, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and 8 others
Quality thread! Definitely mindblowing. Best of the best, mods.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: BigBoy, ManzareK, Deleted member 7098 and 17 others
That's the most typical hairstyle where I live... Which doesn't mean it's not good

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and JamesHowlett
revolutionary discovery wow

• +1
Reactions: Posmo
Quality thread! Definitely mindblowing. Best of the best, mods.
Better than what 99% of people here recommend, like curtains for example 🤢

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10679
how do you get very straight hair to look like that on the top? I'm assuming regular washing to keep it dry-looking is one thing

this would unironically be high effort for me since I'd have to use product or smth to get it messy

how do you get very straight hair to look like that on the top? I'm assuming regular washing to keep it dry-looking is one thing

this would unironically be high effort for me since I'd have to use product or smth to get it messy
It’s easy bro, just get texture clay and mess up the top with your fingers, literally takes a few minutes.

If your hair is very thick and lacks texture, get it thinned out with thinning scissors, provides insane texture.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10679 and Ocelot
It’s easy bro, just get texture clay and mess up the top with your fingers, literally takes a few minutes.

If your hair is very thick and lacks texture, get it thinned out with thinning scissors, provides insane texture.
Are texture clays different from regular clays?
21A63F09 C589 40BF B6F6 B3989F453A6F

I’ve been trying this currently, but despite it being “super high hold” my hair barely has volume with it, my hair is naturally quite flat, so maybe a low volume style like the one you posted would suit it better

Imagine having hair

• So Sad
Reactions: JamesHowlett
Are texture clays different from regular clays?
View attachment 862129
I’ve been trying this currently, but despite it being “super high hold” my hair barely has volume with it, my hair is naturally quite flat, so maybe a low volume style like the one you posted would suit it better
Kind of, you don’t want too much high hold as that doesn’t let you ruffle up your hair, it just makes it stay in one place.

I use Morrocanoil texture clay:
- Insane texture and easily movable
- Creamy and easy to apply
- Cheaper than Hanz de fuko
- Water based so easy to wash out and no shampoo needed
- Smells good

• Love it
Reactions: Ocelot
Kind of, you don’t want too much high hold as that doesn’t let you ruffle up your hair, it just makes it stay in one place.
Yeah, but it doesn't even stay in one place for me, it just goes back to how it is naturally, which is flat and straight
I use Morrocanoil texture clay:
- Insane texture and easily movable
- Creamy and easy to apply
- Cheaper than Hanz de fuko
- Water based so easy to wash out and no shampoo needed
- Smells good
Fits all the criteria tbh, hope it works as well on my hair.

Yeah, but it doesn't even stay in one place for me, it just goes back to how it is naturally, which is flat and straight

Hmmm, is your hair quite short then?

what type of hair do you have

is it thick? is it thinning? is it fine (a lot of hair but each hair strand itself is thin)

i'm not sure of the effectiveness of claymation on fine hair, how much product do you put in?

• +1
I keep it on the shorter side because it's easier to style. When my hair even gets close to medium length, it's stubborn af, legit impossible to keep in place for longer than an hour/in wind, and gets oily quicker

what type of hair do you have

is it thick? is it thinning? is it fine (a lot of hair but each hair strand itself is thin)

i'm not sure of the effectiveness of claymation on fine hair, how much product do you put in?
It's fine. I use two fingertips of product usually
Here’s the length I usually get
6571E305 B42B 477C B4E6 548A33C6BEB9

• +1
Reactions: YMKSPRTR
It's fine. I use two fingertips of product usually

Here’s the length I usually get
View attachment 862160

Same hairtype as mine then. A lot depends on the hairstyle you're going for,

for the one referenced in the OP, you might be able to get away with a sea-salt spray for the front.

my friend had a similar hairstyle with fine hair and he used some sort of powder based hair product from American Crew (gross) but products like that can help

High-hold products can be hit of miss depending on the "Weight" of the product - its why american crew fiber is a common reccomended circlejerk comment on reddit communities, it works - if your hair is strong enough to actually hold that weight, look into more medium hold products.

Try putting product in your hair when its like 90% dry, but still slightly damp, might help with control and styling

I can't tell from the image but it looks like your hair is pushing to one side and laying completely flat. you might need to train it/use a shit ton of product

• +1
Same hairtype as mine then. A lot depends on the hairstyle you're going for,

for the one referenced in the OP, you might be able to get away with a sea-salt spray for the front.

my friend had a similar hairstyle with fine hair and he used some sort of powder based hair product from American Crew (gross) but products like that can help

High-hold products can be hit of miss depending on the "Weight" of the product - its why american crew fiber is a common reccomended circlejerk comment on reddit communities, it works - if your hair is strong enough to actually hold that weight, look into more medium hold products.

Try putting product in your hair when its like 90% dry, but still slightly damp, might help with control and styling

I can't tell from the image but it looks like your hair is pushing to one side and laying completely flat. you might need to train it/use a shit ton of product
Yeah it's cropped from a bigger image so the quality is low, but yes, my hair is flat af and tends on one side. Even when I've used excess product it barely makes a difference.

I'll try out sea salt spray. What do you think about Morrocanoil Texture clay? That's what OP recommended to me earlier in the comments.

Might get this ngl

• +1
Reactions: Schönling and JamesHowlett
I remember you advocating getting fades like it was paper straws

Yeah it's cropped from a bigger image so the quality is low, but yes, my hair is flat af and tends on one side. Even when I've used excess product it barely makes a difference.

I'll try out sea salt spray. What do you think about Morrocanoil Texture clay? That's what OP recommended to me earlier in the comments.

looks expensive - however i just watched a youtube review on it from a youtuber i trust who has fine hair (man for himself) and he loved it, it seemed to stay in his hair the whole day, he does more of a quiff style though, but it does seem strong and light.

You might be able to combine it with some other products (like a thickening tonic - i used to use label m) in the front to get that messy look that stays.

do you wash your hair everyday? i've found success with styling as well if my hairs not been washed in a few days

• +1
I remember you advocating getting fades like it was paper straws
Never been a fan of skin fades though, unless you have insane bones.

looks expensive - however i just watched a youtube review on it from a youtuber i trust who has fine hair (man for himself) and he loved it, it seemed to stay in his hair the whole day, he does more of a quiff style though, but it does seem strong and light.

You might be able to combine it with some other products (like a thickening tonic - i used to use label m) in the front to get that messy look that stays.

do you wash your hair everyday? i've found success with styling as well if my hairs not been washed in a few days
Morrocanoil texture clay is the one trust me

No, I wash it every three days usually.

I actually find that it's easier to style when it's been washed recently.

I have similiar haior

• +1
cope, curtains frauds wide temples which looks better on my face

Do you have a curtains pic that isn’t covered and has more than 3 pixels?

And what am I coping about exactly? I can do both if I wanted lol

Do you have a curtains pic that isn’t covered and has more than 3 pixels?

And what am I coping about exactly? I can do both if I wanted lol
no but from experience curtains look more aesthetic and the boomers from work said it’s more respectful, when i had messy hair it looked too low effort for the workplace . curtains mog messy hair for me no doubt

cope, curtains frauds wide temples which looks better on my face

When you’re Egyptian anything looks good on you buddy boyo

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
no but from experience curtains look more aesthetic and the boomers from work said it’s more respectful, when i had messy hair it looked too low effort for the workplace . curtains mog messy hair for me no doubt

It might look aesthetic but it’s low SMV compared to messy hair.

Hair for being respectful at work is totally irrelevant for attraction; girls don’t go wet for a side part which is arguably the most respectable hairstyle in a work environment.

Just send a decent pic that hasn’t been taken by a toaster

It might look aesthetic but it’s low SMV compared to messy hair.

Hair for being respectful at work is totally irrelevant for attraction; girls don’t go wet for a side part which is arguably the most respectable hairstyle in a work environment.

Just send a decent pic that hasn’t been taken by a toaster
u do realise i have curls at the ends of the curtains so it’s still curly hair except styled different. try out whatever idc but the way curtains connect to my eyebrows looks better than traditional messy hair

• +1
u do realise i have curls at the ends of the curtains so it’s still curly hair except styled different. try out whatever idc but the way curtains connect to my eyebrows looks better than traditional messy hair
If it’s messy curtains then that’s fine.

Normal straight curtains are straight ass.

If it’s messy curtains then that’s fine.

Normal straight curtains are straight ass.
i've never tried sraight curtains but it would look the same lol

What do u think about this long wavy fringe
9BC32055 D0ED 447D B3E2 F5469542DAE3

Almost, a little longer and wavier on top and IMO a bit shorter on sides..

Almost, a little longer and wavier on top and IMO a bit shorter on sides..
If you have good hairline you shouldn’t expose skin on the sides but if you have a big forehead or some recession then you can.