I’ve never really trained shoulders

S

Saint Casanova

Banned
I’ve never really trained shoulders properly and I don’t know which are the best exercises for it. People on here recommend heavy OHP for lots of sets. Any ideas ?

Or do you not need to train them as they’re hit when you bench press ?

Only retards never train shoulders. Do heavy overhead barbell presses strict, plus high volume lateral raises. Add in some rear delt work like face pulls and high rows and you’re golden.

• +1
Reactions: gonion wanter, Lmao, Deleted member 29581 and 4 others
lateral raises for side delts is probably a good idea considering you dont really train them a lot in other exercises

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29581, Deleted member 30679, humanoidsub7 and 1 other person
Only retards never train shoulders. Do heavy overhead barbell presses strict, plus high volume lateral raises. Add in some rear delt work like face pulls and high rows and you’re golden.
They seemed to have grown from doing bench and pull ups

They seemed to have grown from doing bench and pull ups
Then keep doing that. But from my experience nothing blows up the shoulder like the exercises I described. Bench hits the front delts but notsomuch the side.

I’ve never really trained shoulders properly and I don’t know which are the best exercises for it. People on here recommend heavy OHP for lots of sets. Any ideas ?

OHP is cope exercise, behind the neck press is the best shoulder exersice by far, the favorite exercise of golden era lifter but now bodybuilders are so pussies and estrogenic they only do lateral raises and machines cuz "muh scapula will get ouchie" jfl i hate modern bodybuilders

• +1
Reactions: gonion wanter
Then keep doing that. But from my experience nothing blows up the shoulder like the exercises I described. Bench hits the front delts but notsomuch the side.
My compound movements on push day are Bench or dumbbell press and weighted dips. Should I do both weighted dips and OHP one the same session or will it strain the shoulder.

OHP is cope exercise, behind the neck press is the best shoulder exersice by far, the favorite exercise of golden era lifter but now bodybuilders are so pussies and estrogenic they only do lateral raises and machines cuz "muh scapula will get ouchie" jfl i hate modern bodybuilders
That’s a variation of the OHP though jfl! I’ve never tried that though.

That’s a variation of the OHP though jfl! I’ve never tried that though.
Lol true, but OHP is very good for front delts but mediocre for the rest of deltoid heads, behind the neck press is way superior, i used to do alot of them

• +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova
My compound movements on push day are Bench or dumbbell press and weighted dips. Should I do both weighted dips and OHP one the same session or will it strain the shoulder.
YMMV but weighted dips + OHP are the foundation of my push workouts. I don’t even bother with dumbell bench press anymore. It’s a pain in the ass getting heavy dumbells into position and I’ve found that dips hit the chest just as much. (Barbell bench press fucked my shoulder so I never do it.) Make sure you’re not creating imbalances between the pull muscles and push muscles.

• +1
Screenshot 20230801 194553 comhuaweihimovieoverseas

My shoulders in peak bulk, 117kg 6'4 18 years old

• +1
Lol true, but OHP is very good for front delts but mediocre for the rest of deltoid heads, behind the neck press is way superior, i used to do alot of them
The Bradford press might be the best because it’s both behind the back and front at the same time

Attachments

• F6CE3B4B-39CF-4FE2-A8BA-2E0C31B66555.jpeg
    F6CE3B4B-39CF-4FE2-A8BA-2E0C31B66555.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 0
The Bradford press might be the best because it’s both behind the back and front at the same time
Yes, i also did that it is definetly good but with a seated behind the back press i could go heavier on the weight

• +1
Woah crazy bulk. I need to bulk much more I think. Too scared to get some fat though.
Embrace the bulk, mayor cons is ur smv will be destroyed but the cut will be amazing, i got jungle fever and lost more than 30 kg now i look like a dyel lol

• +1
YMMV but weighted dips + OHP are the foundation of my push workouts. I don’t even bother with dumbell bench press anymore. It’s a pain in the ass getting heavy dumbells into position and I’ve found that dips hit the chest just as much. (Barbell bench press fucked my shoulder so I never do it.) Make sure you’re not creating imbalances between the pull muscles and push muscles.
The only thing is that doing both at the same time might be too taxing. I remember after weighted dips, I felt so tired jfl. Maybe I need intra pre workout ?

Woah crazy bulk. I need to bulk much more I think. Too scared to get some fat though.
Screenshot 20230801 194540 comhuaweihimovieoverseas

I also felt my upper back being destroyed with behind the back presses, specially my traps

The only thing is that doing both at the same time might be too taxing. I remember after weighted dips, I felt so tired jfl. Maybe I need intra pre workout ?
On heavy lifts I rest 3 min between sets. Try longer rest period. Also I alternate which one I do first.

• +1
On heavy lifts I rest 3 min between sets. Try longer rest period. Also I alternate which one I do first.
Ahhh, I’ve never alternated. I think on your first one or two exercises you can perform at your best (RPE 8+)

Embrace the bulk, mayor cons is ur smv will be destroyed but the cut will be amazing, i got jungle fever and lost more than 30 kg now i look like a dyel lol
Similar issue with me. I haven’t really been to the gym now for about 5 months now. I’ve just started again.

You look extremely similar to my friend physique/ muscle wise. How strong was your bench/compounds. He was repping 3 plates at his peak.
I did bench 180kg once and repping 3 plates for like 12-15
My behind the back press was with 80kg seated
I never trained for strenght i used to do always in the 15 to 20 rep range chasing the pump

• +1
You look extremely similar to my friend physique/ muscle wise. How strong was your bench/compounds. He was repping 3 plates at his peak.
For legs i only was doing bulgarian split squats and deadlift, for back pull ups and rows, pretty basic and for arms heavy hammer curls superseted with french presses

• +1
Similar issue with me. I haven’t really been to the gym now for about 5 months now. I’ve just started again.
Im going to bulk, even tho im not lean im like 15% BF i will do a lean bulk to rebuild some muscle that i use to have

• +1
o

over for u if u didnt spam lateral raises during critical growth phases for an easy added 4-8 inches to ur bidelt

While you will get nice shoulders somewhat from doing chest exercises, especially heavy ones, you still wanna hit them. Seated dumbbell ohp, lateral raises, front raises. Just hit them like you hit bench . You don't need to do too many if you already regularly hit chest.

• +1