I've only regressed in the past few years. I need some serious help guys. I feel like crying when I look in the mirror.

A

Account717

Silver
I'm 22 years old BTW.
Please, if you can, help me with the following things:
  • Starting to lose temples and hairline, probably NW1.5now.
    • Glad I'm catching it early instead of just living in denial.
    • Considering a regimen of Finasteride + RU58841
      • Heard finasteride will increase scalp testosterone (because T->DHT will stop), which can inadvertently nuke your hairline. I've heard of "temporary sheds" that last forever.
      • Finasteride seems to be really marketed towards people who are diffuse thinning on the scalp. I'm just not sure how good it can be for your hairline.
      • RU58841 is supposed to deal with the Testosterone spike, but it's an untested drug and people say it can cause heart problems.
    • Eventually will get a hair transplant
  • 5'9", but I have pretty bad sway back posture + forward head posture
    • I sleep in a fetal position, which really screws with my back.
    • This may be some serious copium, but I feel like I can actually gain an inch just by fixing my back posture.
    • But I'm a really light sleeper, and sleeping with my back straight is very difficult for me.
    • I kind of know what to do here, but just asking for tips if you've dealt with it.
  • Deep tear-troughs/darkness under eyes
    • The infraorbital is really thin, and the under eye tear-trough is really visible and dark.
    • I heard that surgeons like Taban can fix this with infraorbital rim implants, but I've also heard on here that it can make you look uncanny and weird, and doesn't address the root problem.
      • I want very minimalist plastic surgery that is hardly directly noticeable and can easily be falsely attributed to "skin care" or something.
  • Naso-labialfolds
    • Visible on both sides of my face, but more so on my right side. Just makes me look older than I am, especially in certain lighting conditions.
    • I think it's related to having a recessed maxilla.
    • Fillers can help, but not a permanent solution. Not sure what to do here.
Please, if you know about any of these things, help me out. I've done my fair share of research, so if you're not familiar, that's okay, you don't need to say something that may be wrong. Thank you very much :D

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ryuken and aids
    • This may be some serious copium, but I feel like I can actually gain an inch just by fixing my back posture.
    • But I'm a really light sleeper, and sleeping with my back straight is very difficult for me.
    • I kind of know what to do here, but just asking for tips if you've dealt with it.
Don't use a pillow for your head, just put a pillow underneath your knees, found it worked for me. Also installing a camera to see how you sleep can help to determine whether or not you're actually sleeping on your back.

• Heard finasteride will increase scalp testosterone (because T->DHT will stop), which can inadvertently nuke your hairline. I've heard of "temporary sheds" that last forever.
      • Finasteride seems to be really marketed towards people who are diffuse thinning on the scalp. I'm just not sure how good it can be for your hairline.
      • RU58841 is supposed to deal with the Testosterone spike, but it's an untested drug and people say it can cause heart problems.
DHT is responsible for hair loss, not sure about the contributions of solely testosterone on your hair but my assumption would be that if you have less DHT > less hair loss. I know nothing about RU58841.
Have you considered Dut? You're at the age where it is an option.

• Naso-labialfolds
    • Visible on both sides of my face, but more so on my right side. Just makes me look older than I am, especially in certain lighting conditions.
Yes, caused by a recessed maxilla. You could try something like tretinoin because that has worked anecdotally for a few users on here.

• The infraorbital is really thin, and the under eye tear-trough is really visible and dark.
    • I heard that surgeons like Taban can fix this with infraorbital rim implants, but I've also heard on here that it can make you look uncanny and weird, and doesn't address the root problem.
      • I want very minimalist plastic surgery that is hardly directly noticeable and can easily be falsely attributed to "skin care" or something.
Photos?

• +1
Reactions: ryuken
Anecdotally speaking, I've just heard a lot of stories of finasteride reacting differently to hairline receders versus diffuse thinners. I know that DHT is the root cause for hair loss throughout the scalp, but Testosterone is also an androgen that causes hair loss, to a MUCH smaller degree. What RU58841 does is sort of deals with the extra testosterone and DHT not accounted for by finasteride.

Here's a photo. My eyes are deep-set so the whole eye area is in a shadow. And the tear troughs make it have even more shadow.
Screenshot 2024 10 08 at 120933AM

Don't use a pillow for your head, just put a pillow underneath your knees, found it worked for me. Also installing a camera to see how you sleep can help to determine whether or not you're actually sleeping on your back.

DHT is responsible for hair loss, not sure about the contributions of solely testosterone on your hair but my assumption would be that if you have less DHT > less hair loss. I know nothing about RU58841.
Have you considered Dut? You're at the age where it is an option.

Yes, caused by a recessed maxilla. You could try something like tretinoin because that has worked anecdotally for a few users on here.

Photos?
Does tretinoin just increase collagen to "fill in" certain areas?
I feel like nasolabial folds are caused by the cheeks being too puffy or having too much fat for the amount of bone structure present... I wonder what tretinoin would do... Maybe it can even help "fill up" some under eye area.

• Hmm...
Reactions: aids
I'm 22 years old BTW.
Please, if you can, help me with the following things:
    • Eventually will get a hair transplant
  • Naso-labialfolds
Please, if you know about any of these things, help me out. I've done my fair share of research, so if you're not familiar, that's okay, you don't need to say something that may be wrong. Thank you very much :D
If ur not on fin alrdy at 22 ur not even interested in helping urself tbh and just here to whine. Its been said a million times the importance of hair and stopping hair loss with fin, dut and and then maybe minoxidil.

If ur not on fin alrdy at 22 ur not even interested in helping urself tbh and just here to whine. Its been said a million times the importance of hair and stopping hair loss with fin, dut and and then maybe minoxidil.
I've ordered the fin man, but do you recommend also taking RU along with it?

I've ordered the fin man, but do you recommend also taking RU along with it?
No I recommend minox. Oral minox for best results and u titrate up the dose from a very low one if scared of sides. RU is just a pain to put on tbh same as topical minoxidil I used it for 1 month thn chucked it and cba with it.