Japanese government launches dating app

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Kraken

The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will launch its own dating app as early as this summer as part of government efforts to boost the dwindling national birth rate, an official said Tuesday. Users will be required to submit documentation proving they are legally single and sign a letter stating they are willing to get married. Stating one's income is common on Japanese dating apps, but Tokyo will require a tax certificate slip to prove the annual salary.

"We learned that 70% of people who want to get married aren't actively joining events or apps to look for a partner," a Tokyo government official in charge of the new app said. "We want to give them a gentle push to find one."

It's not unusual for municipalities to organize matchmaking events in Japan, where births dropped to a new low in 2023, but it is rare for a local government to develop an app. An interview will be required to confirm a user's identity as part of the registration process for the Tokyo app, which has been on a test run for free since late last year.

Many social media users expressed skepticism over the plans, with one saying, "Is this something the government should be doing with our tax?" Others wrote they were interested, as they would feel safer.

Last year, Japan recorded more than twice as many deaths as new babies. Births fell for the eighth consecutive year to 758,631, a drop of 5.1%, preliminary government data showed. The number of deaths stood at 1,590,503. The nation is facing growing labor shortages, and Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has promised policies including financial aid for families, easier child care access and more parental leave.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rand anon, Obamalama, LancasteR and 5 others
japanese women would rather their entire civilization die than marry and have children with japanese men

brutal

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Detective, Clqs, Obamalama and 2 others
Anime becomes real :lul: brutal how this happened

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
which one?
I don't remember the name but it was a anime where the goverment launched a dating app who required people to interact with each other and a rotter MTN found a pretty HTB girlfriend and other 2 MTBs, fantasy shit. I watched it like 8 years ago.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Detective, Costcosuperstore and Tabula Rasa
I mean if they don't at least attempt to fix how expensive it is to have kids and their work culture they are toast. It's good that they at least acknowledge that importing niggers into their country to solve "demographic issues" isn't the way to go

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 2ndChico, Detective, rand anon and 4 others
Moving to Japan :cool:

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar, Costcosuperstore and Tabula Rasa
western goverment would never do that because they don't care about us, they rather import immigrants

• +1
Reactions: Detective, gribsufer1, rand anon and 1 other person
Shit like dating apps is what got us here my man. I'll give it 6 months to a year before it's gone.

western goverment would never do that because they don't care about us, they rather import immigrants
Honestly each nations should do their own dating apps instead of using one stupiddd money hungry fake ass dating app with no regulations.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and hiwasuwor
Reminds me of what Abe was doing, before the Jews killed him. It's not over yet, Banzai japan

• +1
I thought the Japanese were high IQ based on stats, but now I am reconsidering.
Just look how well the West turned out with the rise of the dating apps.
Most women will keep getting porked by japanese prettyboys, while ignoring the 95-99% of men on this dating app, further inflating women's standards.
Birth rates might slightly go up... due to single motherhood. But I also heavily doubt that this will be the case, since the japanese are quite conservative and those women will be shunned.

• +1
I mean if they don't at least attempt to fix how expensive it is to have kids and their work culture they are toast. It's good that they at least acknowledge that importing niggers into their country to solve "demographic issues" isn't the way to go
Yes, they've been attempting to correct their low birth rate for a while now. But the urban areas have been swamped with foreigners in recent years though. They're not so deluded as Western governments though.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, Richard Cheese and SidharthTheSlayer
I thought the Japanese were high IQ based on stats, but now I am reconsidering.
Just look how well the West turned out with the rise of the dating apps.
Most women will keep getting porked by japanese prettyboys, while ignoring the 95-99% of men on this dating app, further inflating women's standards.
Birth rates might slightly go up... due to single motherhood. But I also heavily doubt that this will be the case, since the japanese are quite conservative and those women will be shunned.
This app will be government regulated so I expect there will be some measures to prevent it. I don't see it as a holistic solution to fixing the birth rate because it's an issue at a systemic level.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, mrdouchebag and SidharthTheSlayer
At surface it will only make stuff worse. If they‘re not fixing the root of this issue bringing those surface "solutions" will only enlarge this problem.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, Bonecel01, Tabula Rasa and 1 other person
At surface it will only make stuff worse. If they‘re not fixing the root of this issue bringing those surface "solutions" will only enlarge this problem.
Japan needs islam to opress women and they will settle with men

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and LancasteR

The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will launch its own dating app as early as this summer as part of government efforts to boost the dwindling national birth rate, an official said Tuesday. Users will be required to submit documentation proving they are legally single and sign a letter stating they are willing to get married. Stating one's income is common on Japanese dating apps, but Tokyo will require a tax certificate slip to prove the annual salary.

"We learned that 70% of people who want to get married aren't actively joining events or apps to look for a partner," a Tokyo government official in charge of the new app said. "We want to give them a gentle push to find one."

It's not unusual for municipalities to organize matchmaking events in Japan, where births dropped to a new low in 2023, but it is rare for a local government to develop an app. An interview will be required to confirm a user's identity as part of the registration process for the Tokyo app, which has been on a test run for free since late last year.

Many social media users expressed skepticism over the plans, with one saying, "Is this something the government should be doing with our tax?" Others wrote they were interested, as they would feel safer.

Last year, Japan recorded more than twice as many deaths as new babies. Births fell for the eighth consecutive year to 758,631, a drop of 5.1%, preliminary government data showed. The number of deaths stood at 1,590,503. The nation is facing growing labor shortages, and Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has promised policies including financial aid for families, easier child care access and more parental leave.
Imagine a white dude hopping on there