Jaw Clenching

HardMewer

HardMewer

Iron
Is jaw clenching really bad?It seems to improve most people's facial aesthetics quite a bit.

Is jaw clenching really bad?It seems to improve most people's facial aesthetics quite a bit.
Yes, it improves your masseters and gonial angle as well as ramus, but it’s bad for the teeth. Why don’t you just chew mastic?

Yes, it improves your masseters and gonial angle as well as ramus, but it’s bad for the teeth. Why don’t you just chew mastic?
I chew normal gum and anyway I don't think it can look as good as jaw clenching.Btw how is it bad for your teeth.

I chew normal gum and anyway I don't think it can look as good as jaw clenching.Btw how is it bad for your teeth.
It can damage the outer layer of the teeth, don’t know the english word. But I’m interested, how else can it impact face, maybe I’ll try it?

It can damage the outer layer of the teeth, don’t know the english word. But I’m interested, how else can it impact face, maybe I’ll try it?
I don't see how it can though.Grinding certainly will but clenching shouldn't damage anything as long as you aren't doing it too hard.

Moderate clenching seems to be the healthier alternative to chewing, since there isn't much rotation going on in the joint.

Clenching on chewy shit is what 99% of my chewing routine consists of.

I don't see how it can though.Grinding certainly will but clenching shouldn't damage anything as long as you aren't doing it too hard.
Ok if you’re careful. So how does it help your face? I’d love to get a shorter more compact midface

Clenching damage the teeth, from a chronic clencher due to apnea, my teeth are like all in a V shape now inside because of the wear.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and HardMewer
Clenching damage the teeth, from a chronic clencher due to apnea, my teeth are like all in a V shape now inside because of the wear.
Did you clench at full force and for how long?

teeth clenching is only more dangerous than normal chewing if raw teeth are grinding against each other.

And usually teeth clenching is associated with bruxism during sleep, and during sleep the jaws exert forces far, far stronger than they ever could while you are awake.

If you do it correctly you will face no issues.

• +1
Reactions: Vergil.is
teeth clenching is only more dangerous than normal chewing if raw teeth are grinding against each other.

And usually teeth clenching is associated with bruxism during sleep, and during sleep the jaws exert forces far, far stronger than they ever could while you are awake.

If you do it correctly you will face no issues.
So are you saying it's ok to clench your teeth moderately as long as it doesn't develop into a habit of teeth grinding and clenching them when you sleep?

So are you saying it's ok to clench your teeth moderately as long as it doesn't develop into a habit of teeth grinding and clenching them when you sleep?
If you do it with something soft between your teeth (mastic gum / dog chew stick / whatever), and as long as it doesn't develop as a habit during sleep.

If all those requirements are met, clenching teeth / biting down on something will be even safer than normal chewing.

Less rotation in the joint and less risk of teeth wear than normal chewing.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: HardMewer and her
The enamel

bruxism during sleep = bad

but teeth are meant to be worn according to mew. our ancestors would have used them far more than today for both crafting and chewing leading to better development.

like sntr, i get large bits of gum and clench rather than chew most of the time

on top of that i sleep like a vampire on a hard surface, i focused on natural posture ( active glutes and abs) and breathed through my diaghram

taking replica pics before and after - which took fucking ages- i overlayed the two and my midface is shorter, more forward, with considerable mandible upswing.

more you put in more you get out

but teeth are meant to be worn according to mew. our ancestors would have used them far more than today for both crafting and chewing leading to better development.

on top of that i sleep like a vampire on a hard surface, i focused on natural posture ( active glutes and abs) and breathed through my diaghram

taking replica pics before and after - which took fucking ages- i overlayed the two and my midface is shorter, more forward, with considerable mandible upswing.

awful grammar lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
What is clinching? Is it when you press your teeth tougher to move the muscle in you jaw?? Sounds like cope to me

What is clinching? Is it when you press your teeth tougher to move the muscle in you jaw?? Sounds like cope to me
It's like getting your jaw muscles hard. Kinda difficult to explain. Try to bite hard and you will notice it

It's like getting your jaw muscles hard. Kinda difficult to explain. Try to bite hard and you will notice it
Yea I just did it from the neck to the jaw

I suggest you do hard gum and see

Yea I just did it from the neck to the jaw

I suggest you do hard gum and see
It does really improve my facial aesthetics. Would hard gum give me the same results?

awful grammar lol
High IQ post! Can you PM me before and afters? id like to jntegrate that too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
No idea bro

But did it work?
I've been chewing normal gum for months and my jaw has become more defined.I'm guessing hard gum works even better.Though clenching still gives me my peak facial aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and LowTierNormie
I've been chewing normal gum for months and my jaw has become more defined.I'm guessing hard gum works even better.Though clenching still gives me my peak facial aesthetics.
I’m going to buy mastic gum than fuck it we are going to live one life so why not experience if everything possible

• +1
Reactions: HardMewer
Looks like someone really did use "sntr" instead of my full username.

⚠️TMJ Alert⚠️

• +1
Reactions: PYT
Doing controlled clenching exercises isn't going to damage your teeth. They are designed to be clenched. Bruxism during sleep is a completely different issue and it isn't just clenching but also the grinding of teeth.

TBH I only clench my jaw when I take pics of myself or when I'm in group photos. It makes me look much better

What? You're literally just flexing your masseters