Jaw Surgery and Tooth Extractions

Deleted member 7814

Deleted member 7814

Iron
So i went to an orthodontics and he classified me with a class 2 malocclusion ( aka i will need a jaw surgery )

however he wants to extract 2 premolars from the lower jaw to push the teeth backward while extracting none from the upper jaw .

i asked him why exactly . and he replied with the typical 'tooth crowding' and if he pushed the lower tooth out ( widening the arch as a camouflage ) then my BSSO advancement would be lesser

i tried to argue with him that i would have both jaws advanced anyways due to lefort 1 which would increase the BSSO advancement

he replied that even if that is the case a tooth extraction for a better jaw advancement ( 3mm more ) will always give a better result compared to a non extraction treatment . and that is the reason why he wont pull out my upper jaw premolars .

to actually create a bigger gap between the two for the surgery.

and he would not extract any of my teeth if i opted for the non-jaw surgery treatment and would simply push my lower teeth forward . (camouflage which is shit )

What is your opinion regarding this ?

i am hell of afraid of bone recession due to extractions.

But i dont want to lesser my BSSO advancement too . and if the maxilla got pulled too forward i would end up with a chimp face

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
DISCUESS GOTTA DECIDE IN 3 DAYS

SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
don’t you let that bluepilled cuck bitch you out your teeth

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
So i went to an orthodontics and he classified me with a class 2 malocclusion ( aka i will need a jaw surgery )

however he wants to extract 2 premolars from the lower jaw to push the teeth backward while extracting none from the upper jaw .

i asked him why exactly . and he replied with the typical 'tooth crowding' and if he pushed the lower tooth out ( widening the arch as a camouflage ) then my BSSO advancement would be lesser

i tried to argue with him that i would have both jaws advanced anyways due to lefort 1 which would increase the BSSO advancement

he replied that even if that is the case a tooth extraction for a better jaw advancement ( 3mm more ) will always give a better result compared to a non extraction treatment . and that is the reason why he wont pull out my upper jaw premolars .

and he would not extract any of my teeth if i opted for the non-jaw surgery treatment and would simply push my lower teeth forward . (camouflage which is shit )

But i dont want to lesser my BSSO advancement too . and if the maxilla got pulled too forward i would end up with a chimp face

I'm in the exact same place dude, I argued but they said it's mandatory the premolars and wisdom teeth to create an over jet.

It needs to be done to advance the mandible significantly so i booked extractions for september.

The only way around this is if you get imdo instead of the bsso. YouTube it.

We have a surgeon who does imdo.

@Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7814
I'm in the exact same place dude, I argued but they said it's mandatory the premolars and wisdom teeth to create an over jet.

It needs to be done to advance the mandible significantly so i booked extractions for september.

The only way around this is if you get imdo instead of the bsso. YouTube it.

We have a surgeon who does imdo.

@Sergio-OMS

Though i dont understand why they need to increase the overjet even further .

from my understanding you CANNOT get a BSSO above 15 mm and a lefort 1 above 5 mm

due to significant relapse with huge movement

its like those jewish orthodontics do not really measure precisely your overjet . you may actually NOT need to worsen your overjet because the advancement got a limitation by itself.

but then lip posture and other factors come in . it is quite frasturating.

Images 2
this is a good example of what i am talking about. its like the wider the lower arch becomes, the more protruding your lips will also become creating an even worse aesthetic prespective because your bones are recessed compared to your lips.

i agree upper jaw tooth SHOULD NEVER be extracted. palate can be easily expanded . and even a protruding upper lip with a flatter lower lip is way more aesthetic appealing than having them both flat or protruding ( chimp face )

So what now . this is hell confusing.

Not to mention if i manage to find a crazy surgeon that would do huge movments i risk this off

Download

a chimp face.

Can Zarrinbal do a high lefort 1 and CCW ?

Download 5

• +1
i Dont think *non extraction* treatments is a one size fit all.

But thing is i have been programmed by most topics that bone recession is a death sentence

@Sergio-OMS

What do you think ?

• +1
@Sergio-OMS

What do you think ?

Extractions for surgical reasons allow for some extra space in the sagittal plane, but also produce narrower palates and narrow mandibular arches, meaning narrower smiles with buccal corridors, and it also less space for the tongue (worsening breathing).

In my opinion it is far better to plan surgical treatments without extractions, or maybe only wisdom teeth extractions.

DON'T GET EXTRACTIONS. BRACES THEN JAW SURGERY

Extractions for surgical reasons allow for some extra space in the sagittal plane, but also produce narrower palates and narrow mandibular arches, meaning narrower smiles with buccal corridors, and it also less space for the tongue (worsening breathing).

In my opinion it is far better to plan surgical treatments without extractions, or maybe only wisdom teeth extractions.

i see . thats why those whom decide to follow the decompensation method by extracting the lower teeth (for further sagittal movement) end up with a narrower lower jaw i assume ?

But if i dont decide to extract i would sacrafice that extra movement ?

Could this issue could be dealt with using chinwing for example ? i am too afraid of lip posture too because of flaring

I know IMDO would be a solution for me. but that is out of the question too (no one willing to do it here)

What is your opnion on Zarrinbal too ?

Could you explain concepts like CCW rotation, please ?