JFL symmetry barely even matters

Deleted member 2012

Deleted member 2012

Magic
I was thinking to myself, does symmetry matter at all tbh?

Cause like, if you think about it, different traits are rarely just different, 90% of the time, one of them is objectively better than the other.

So for example, if you have an asymmetrical eye area:

Let’s say one of your eyes is 8/10 and the other is 6/10 because it has more UEE.

In this case, wouldn’t it be better to have this imbalance instead of having both eyes 6/10 with UEE?

I believe that yes, it would be better to have the asymmetry. It’s better to have a good trait on just one side than none at all.

Another example:

Most people have a “better side” that is more forward grown from the profile.

But would you rather have both sides become the same as your more recessed side just to be equal?

Hell no! Case closed.

Symmetry only matters in the rare instances where someone has two different traits on each side, that although different, are equal in value. Then yes, in this case it would better if both sides were the same.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, I'mme, Gaia262 and 2 others
what are you even saying? Symmetry matters everything matters.

• +1
Reactions: Furious Dingleberry, Patrick Baitman and Deleted member 5061
a perfectly symmetrical face can give a slight advantage but as long as you arent noticeably asymmetric in motion then it doesnt really matter. a symmetrical subhuman is still a subhuman. @thecel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2012, I'mme, thecel and 5 others
Yeah the other person looks at one side of the face and sort of combines it with the other so 6+8=7 6+6=6

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2012
Everything matters.

a perfectly symmetrical face can give a slight advantage but as long as you arent noticeably asymmetric in motion then it doesnt really matter. a symmetrical subhuman is still a subhuman. @thecel
Perfectly symmetrical faces actually give disadvantage as they look unnatural

Contrary to what was predicted, faces that were made more symmetrical were perceived as being less attractive.

However higher symmetry is more desired as long as its not too close to perfect symmetry

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746 and I'mme
Perfectly symmetrical faces actually give disadvantage as they look unnatural

Contrary to what was predicted, faces that were made more symmetrical were perceived as being less attractive.

However higher symmetry is more desired as long as its not too close to perfect symmetry
Dont believe those trash gew studies.

look atwhat all the fashion magazines do to the models via photoshop to make them look better.

oh right- it just hapoens that every fkn illustration magazine photoshops models to give them perfect symmetry,ohwhy would it be the case?

dont pay too much attantion to some trash study from 1995 from sone noname guy who did it, probably as a sort of clickbait / hopefuel for asymmetrycells.

look atdefinition of beauty even 3k years ago- look at nefertiti statue- almost perfectly symmetrical, small, defined face.

can you imagine a model withvery visible asymmetry be considered very aesthetic?

this dude from some tv show my grandma used to watch is probably one of the most asymmetrical fuckers I have seen and he is still good looking
Screenshot_21-1.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 47775 and Deleted member 5746

My palate is higher on the right, and my jaw is wider on the left. :feelscry: