Joint and back pain when trying to deadlift and squat heavier

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod
Staff
Ive been doing stronglifts 5x5 for some time and have gained quite a lot of strength but I am having hard time progressively overloading the bar these days, normally that wouldn't be a problem and I'd just deload and try again to lift that weight and usually in a week or two I'd lift it but at this point I'm running into a problem of joint pains when I try to load up thr bar. There's some sort of stiffness and joint pain when I try to lift more. It's like I know I am capable of lifting thr weight but my spine doesnt allow me to. Anyone else has this problem too? @SubhumanCurrycel @5.5psl @PseudoMaxxer

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and Deleted member 19453
Check ur form
Are you bracing with your core
Ur not supposed to use ur spine to lift

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39140, Deleted member 19453 and Jason Voorhees
All this time spent doing stronglifts preventing you from banning @NarrowBones

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Jason Voorhees
Check ur form
Are you bracing with your core
Ur not supposed to use ur spine to lift
I do but when I try to push myself to the limits it leads to a slight form breakdown. I generally arch my back a bit when I go very heavy

• +1
Reactions: shabby890
Needs to consume more collagen.

• +1
Reactions: R@m@ and Jason Voorhees
I do but when I try to push myself to the limits it leads to a slight form breakdown.
do you feel it in your lower back muscles or glutes+ hamstrings when u lift up?

• +1
Reactions: R@m@ and Jason Voorhees
All this time spent doing stronglifts preventing you from banning @NarrowBones
I haven’t broken any rules since my last ban

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Lower back mainly
Barbell stiff legged deadlift

It should be ur glutes and hamstrings that's feeling the pressure.

U are going to have major back problems if u user your lower back. Watch a YouTube vid on correct form or let someone teach you.

This is why I never do deadlifts anymore

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: R@m@, Deleted member 19453 and Jason Voorhees
I do but when I try to push myself to the limits it leads to a slight form breakdown. I generally arch my back a bit when I go very heavy
ur supposed to lift the heaviest that u can do with correct form

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
There’s no gym for your face

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: klip11 and Jason Voorhees
Ive been doing stronglifts 5x5 for some time and have gained quite a lot of strength but I am having hard time progressively overloading the bar these days, normally that wouldn't be a problem and I'd just deload and try again to lift that weight and usually in a week or two I'd lift it but at this point I'm running into a problem of joint pains when I try to load up thr bar. There's some sort of stiffness and joint pain when I try to lift more. It's like I know I am capable of lifting thr weight but my spine doesnt allow me to. Anyone else has this problem too? @SubhumanCurrycel @5.5psl @PseudoMaxxer
be careful bhai

I’m assuming you’ve got the form down at least somewhat. Make sure squat moves in a straight line no tipping and deadlift has a relatively neutral spine with good posterior engagement.

How many times are you squatting and deadlifting per week? Could be an axial loading issue lower back is a strong muscle but fatigues a lot more.

Natty lifting is so brutal.
You need degrees in medicine and physics to figure out how to do retarded lifts without crippling yourself just to build 0.00001kg muscle.
Meanwhile roiders mog you after doing 2 bicep curls.

your mind should be focusing on the glutes and hamstrings and feet pressing against the floor when deadlifting

Since people want to protect their back they tend to focus only on keeping the spine straight and bracing their core thats not ideal

@Squirtle is so strong he squats 1 million pounds

Deadlifts are high risk low reward, the only good compound lift is bench press