"Just be funny, bro! Chicks digg funny guys, more then Looks." Wrong (says science also).

eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Sub-Mod
sauce: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1475-6811.1998.tb00174.x The full paper: https://sci-hub.tw/10.1111/j.1475-6811.1998.tb00174.x

Conclusions:

* Men expressing humor were rated as more desirable than nonhumorous individuals for a serious relationship and marriage, but only when these individuals were physically attractive. :blackpill::blackpill:. (So, being ugly an humorous, I think will "only" get you into the friendzone. To be used, for amusement and laughter)

* In the low attractive condition (aka, low attractive men), however, high humor persons were not rated differently from low humor persons. (aka, being funny doesn't make an ugly man more attractive. Aka, you can't funny/joke your way into a woman her panties).

* The use of self-deprecating humor enhanced the desirability of physically attractive people for committed relationships, creating positive perceptions of affiliative intentions (so, if you're attractive, it makes one more desirable when being humble. But as an uggo; I bet is does nothing. Who knows, even the opposite).

* Cunningham (1989) found that women’s initial willingness to talk to men was affected by the type of opening gambit used, but men’s initial willingness to talk to women was independent of the type of gambit that was used. ( I guess, "game" does matter a little bit. It doesn't state though how much in the paper unfortunately.)

* Somehow, they couldn't find normies for this study? (or maybe women, rate all men as either attractive or unattractive; causing there to exist no normies for scientist because all normies are deemed as ugly).
"There were a few limitations in this study that future studies could remedy. First, there was not an average physical attractiveness condition, so it is not yet clear whether humor would raise the desirability of individuals who are neither high nor low in attractiveness." (I personally assume, it would help a normie only in the case when the woman has only other normies to chose from in her life. making one the top normie in her eyes).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Ever notice the people known as class clowns in school were ugly? Thats why

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
Bringing up scientific studies to back up social interaction claims is extremely autistic, normies will literally look at you and cringe. I tried this with my therapist and family present. I swear normies are immune to facts when it comes to shit like this

Obvs.

Imagine some gregarious fat chick

She's equivalent to ugly and funny

I tried this with my therapist and family present. I swear normies are immune to facts when it comes to shit like this
I can imagine. I never share the info I read in these studies with people. or only as my personal opinion or observation, or something like that.
Most people are to low iq, to even read & understand research. And to be able to diffirentiate between shitty research (just check the method they discribe on how they collect the data. If it's not tested with behavior for example, and just a questionaire, it's imo often garbage), and good research (imo, field/behavior tested).
Ever notice the people known as class clowns in school were ugly? Thats why
Ime, not always. I also once had a funny dude in class that was good looking (Chadlite). Due to him also being super funny; it added to his attractiveness. So he went from Chadlite to Chadlite+; and chicks liked him even more because of it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973