just deep breath to expand ribcage theory is legit?

i legit ascended with this, wtf ty op

Maybe when you're still growing it'll work. It's hard to move bone when you're an adult.

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender
Yeah, worked for me, I have ridiculously wide ribcage and it only increased from yoga breathing.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Descargue96, entropy137 and GigaAscender
Narrow ribcage gang represent lol. I’ve tried doing this but only got temporary gains. I think what it does is expand your lung capacity, thereby increasing the amount of air you can hold in your lungs passively. This makes the ribcage look bigger because it’s able to expand and contract due to the sub-coastal cartilage in between each rib.

Even at rest?

Elab tbh
Not at rest, but just deep breathing a few times stretches and puts force on the ribs which makes them grow.

But unless you're athlete-maxxing, I don't understand why'd you want a bigger rib-cage, look at my pictures of my body, I look DYEL because of my wide rib-cage even though I've been training a long time and have good strength.

Ideally you want to stretch shoulders, not rib-cage.

Not at rest, but just deep breathing a few times stretches and puts force on the ribs which makes them grow.

But unless you're athlete-maxxing, I don't understand why'd you want a bigger rib-cage, look at my pictures of my body, I look DYEL because of my wide rib-cage even though I've been training a long time and have good strength.

Ideally you want to stretch shoulders, not rib-cage.
As long as your ribcage is larger than your pelvis then yeah stretching shoulders would be ideal

there's literally no way to do this other than CLL tho lol

As long as your ribcage is larger than your pelvis then yeah stretching shoulders would be ideal

there's literally no way to do this other than CLL tho lol
There's no need to increase shoulder length, shoulder length is the same between females/males. The difference is in the angle of the bones, if the bone is angled parallel to the ground you will have very wide looking shoulders.

Thus you can stretch your shoulders downwards.

There are foids who do yoga like that, they have wide shoulders in proportion to their waists.

If your shoulders aren't almost parallel to the ground then you can gain a few centimeters from stretching alone.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
There's no need to increase shoulder length, shoulder length is the same between females/males. The difference is in the angle of the bones, if the bone is angled parallel to the ground you will have very wide looking shoulders.

Thus you can stretch your shoulders downwards.

There are foids who do yoga like that, they have wide shoulders in proportion to their waists.

If your shoulders aren't almost parallel to the ground then you can gain a few centimeters from stretching alone.
can you PM me info about these stretches? seems unlikely but I wanted to add mobility/ stretching exercises to my routine anyway

better yet, make a thread bc idk if this has been said on the forum before

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender
can you PM me info about these stretches? seems unlikely but I wanted to add mobility/ stretching exercises to my routine anyway

better yet, make a thread bc idk if this has been said on the forum before
There's nothing special to it, you warm up your shoulders and stretch them downwards. Overall, you try to maintain stretched shoulder position during the day as well.

Here is a good example of shoulders stretched out downwards:

Image result for swimmer body
Image result for swimmer body

Here is an example of shoulders too upwards:

Image result for male body

Notice the angle of the shoulderblades, in first example the dude has almost parallel to the ground, in the lower example the dude has them angled upwards a lot. Even though he is muscular and his chest is reasonably wide, his shoulders are barely wider than his hips.

Yoga masters often have parallel shoulderblades because of the yoga stretches:

Image result for indian yoga master

Even foids can have wide shoulder-waist proportions if their shoulders are well stretched:

Image result for girl beautiful shoulders

You need straight shoulders to make them widest:

IMO here is another good example of horribly angled shoulders:

Image result for narrow shoulders

How to know what type of shoulders you have? It's easy. If your shoulder blades angle upwards too much and if your shoulders don't point fully straight ahead, then you have bad shoulder posture, you can stretch the muscles more downward to achieve better shoulders posture.

You have to make sure you have good sagital posture for this, not too forward and not too backward, or you will fuck up your nerves if you angle your shoulders downwards.

Also it's possible to have shoulders pointing too much downwards which will make you look weird.

This is ideal:

Image result for yoga meditation

Both the shoulder and their blades pointing almost parallel to the ground. Also upper arms being parallel to the body when relaxed means good shoulder posture.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 11479 and GigaAscender