"Just get as much of your tongue up as you can to breathe comfortably, eventually you will be able to fit the entire thing"

Wincel

Wincel

Zephir
"Just get as much of you're tongue up as you can to breathe comfortably, eventually you will be able to fit the entire thing"

That's bullshit, and so is people doing "reps" putting their tongue up where it blocks their airway so that they can expand it or "grow their maxilla forward" (JFL) enough to one day get it so they can't block their airway with their tongue, then they'll finally (in their mind) be mewing correctly.

Stick your tongue out as far as you can and then try getting the "posterior third" up there, just like you do when you're tongue is in your mouth. You can still block the airway! You're never going to get to this magical point where you cannot block the airway with your tongue, no matter how forward your maxilla grows or how wide your palate expands.

Backing the tongue off from where it blocks the airway is proper mewing, this is not failure to get what Mike calls the "posterior third" up on the roof of the mouth.

Look in the mirror with your mouth open. Now raise the soft palate, Astro describes this action as a reverse yawn. The soft palate is the back of your palate, near your throat. Once you have it raised, keep it raised (for the rest of this exercise) and quickly close your mouth (SOFT PALATE STILL RAISED!), jam your FULL tongue up there at once, not starting from the root or the tip, and then instantly begin to breathe through your nose. The only parts moving from the point where you reverse yawned should be your tongue and your mouth closing. You can breathe! Its magic. (Couldn't before with the old shitty mew push swallow example)

Your posterior third tongue is never blocking your airway and preventing you from breathing. That last part of the "tongue" that blocks your airway is you lowering your soft palate, as you should do only with a swallow, not when learning the tongue posture.

If you have trouble understanding, switch between your tongue blocking your airway and the spot it goes to when you can just breathe comfortably, and really feel whats going on there. You are not dropping the back of your tongue to breathe, you are raising your soft palate. (Keep in mind this doesn't apply if you are actually sagging your tongue, which is the wrong way to open your airway after a mew push swallow. Most people just feel as though they are sagging their tongue but they aren't.)

People often say that after doing the cheesy smile swallowing exercise to get your tongue on the roof of your mouth that they can't breathe when they do this. This gets in a lot of people's minds that they aren't fully mewing and they have to block their airway when they mew. I think its a shitty way to go about teaching people mewing, and my method above should be taught to people once they know the proper swallowing pattern. The mew push swallow will always end in a position that blocks off your airway. Mike has x-ray footage (not x-ray but something that shows soft tissue, forget what its called) of the mew push swallow and it ends with the "tongue" (soft palate) blocking the airway. This is normal for everyone, even lifelong mewers, the end part of the mew push swallow where it blocks your airway is not the tongue posture!

In this part of the video the guy in the xray does a mew push swallow and then raises his soft palate so that he can breathe after the swallow.

Get to a point where you can breathe after doing a mew push swallow and you DO have the posterior third up on the roof of your mouth. You do not need to grow your maxilla or expand your palate to mew properly.

Credit to Astro Sky for bringing up this raising the soft palate idea, I've never heard this before.

Be sure to call me a dumbass and report this thread if you already knew this or if you disagree with me. (And if you disagree with me certainly don't explain why you disagree.)

All posts saying mewing doesn't do shit are welcome, I'm only here to tell you what the tongue posture is, I already destroyed you long ago when I scientifically proved that mewing works. It was impressive, really. I deserve a nobel peace prize.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs, Biiyo03, Lolcel and 9 others
@AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky @AstroSky

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
@SomethingOff

Last edited:
my cat mews all the time and she still has a tiny jaw

TLDR:

Its this post but I wrote an entire thread explaining it further.

wtf is a reverse yawn

wtf is a reverse yawn
When you yawn but its the opposite. You know what just try to raise your soft palate in the mirror, you can do it I believe in you.

When you yawn but its the opposite. You know what just try to raise your soft palate in the mirror, you can do it I believe in you.

my palate isnt wide enough to accomdoate my whole tongue my teeth hit the edges of it, i have to like burrito my tongue to get it in my palate

my palate isnt wide enough to accomdoate my whole tongue my teeth hit the edges of it, i have to like burrito my tongue to get it in my palate
As long as your tongue burritos downward (majority of it is up in the center of your palate) you're good.

Do this:

DO NOT do this:

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Even when your tongue is pressed against your palate?

if i just stick my tongue str8 up i cant brute force the middle of it to even do a dowanrds burrito

or at least its not very effective as if i could just do it normally

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6572
just close your mouth and suck all air out, why complicated a mouth closing posture..zzz

just close your mouth and suck all air out, why complicated a mouth closing posture..zzz
This method is to explain to people that they are likely doing it right and not missing the back third of the tongue. Of course I would have explained how to mew to a first timer in a much simpler way.
if i just stick my tongue str8 up i cant brute force the middle of it to even do a dowanrds burrito

or at least its not very effective as if i could just do it normally
Do it normally then, if your palate is that subhuman then invest in at least a myobrace, preferably a rapid palate expander. I think you might be over complicating it as well, I'd need a video to see what you're doing.

This method is to explain to people that they are likely doing it right and not missing the back third of the tongue. Of course I would have explained how to mew to a first timer in a much simpler way.

Do it normally then, if your palate is that subhuman then invest in at least a myobrace, preferably a rapid palate expander. I think you might be over complicating it as well, I'd need a video to see what you're doing.

i legit think i am retarded, my palate is probably better than most people, my right side is less expanded then my left tho, my right side is subhuman compared to my left so whats ur advice on that

Didn’t read but originally I couldn’t breathe whatsoever but just hardmewed as much as I could then dropped the posterior third a bit to breathe. After I could finally open my airway slightly I sounded like darth Vader breathing ngl. After about 4 days of dedicated darth Vader breathing the noise went away completely

Yummyinmytummy

• +1
i legit think i am retarded, my palate is probably better than most people, my right side is less expanded then my left tho, my right side is subhuman compared to my left so whats ur advice on that
Mike Mew corrects this with regular palate expanders I believe, but the easiest way to go about it is to probably customize a myobrace (they usually need to be made wider) or make your own. You need to have an outline of your palate on the left and then mirror it over and make 3 stages of plastic myobraces with the mirrored left side, progressively using harder material. Using these three in order would maintain the left side and bring the right side up to its level. Without taking on a project like this, I'd say just center your tongue so that it pushes more outward on the right side and try to keep it that way. Going to be a slow process.

Since you mention that you think you're retarded I have created a visual representation of the appliance building process for you.

Didn’t read but originally I couldn’t breathe whatsoever but just hardmewed as much as I could then dropped the posterior third a bit to breathe. After I could finally open my airway slightly I sounded like darth Vader breathing ngl. After about 4 days of dedicated darth Vader breathing the noise went away completely
Could've just started raising your soft palate without knowing it and thought you expanded your airway through this, try getting your tongue to a point where you can make the vader noises again, I bet you can. Anyway my thread is tagged as a theory as that's what it is so I will try your thing here myself just to be sure.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and xom
Mike Mew corrects this with regular palate expanders I believe, but the easiest way to go about it is to probably customize a myobrace (they usually need to be made wider) or make your own. You need to have an outline of your palate on the left and then mirror it over and make 3 stages of plastic myobraces with the mirrored left side, progressively using harder material. Using these three in order would maintain the left side and bring the right side up to its level. Without taking on a project like this, I'd say just center your tongue so that it pushes more outward on the right side and try to keep it that way. Going to be a slow process.

Since you mention that you think you're retarded I have created a visual representation of the appliance building process for you.

View attachment 52092

Could've just started raising your soft palate without knowing it and thought you expanded your airway through this, try getting your tongue to a point where you can make the vader noises again, I bet you can. Anyway my thread is tagged as a theory as that's what it is so I will try your thing here myself just to be sure.

cage at the pic but makes it very easy to understand

• +1
bump

• +1
Reactions: wasted
Wow, this forum was copey af last year

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191
"Just get as much of you're tongue up as you can to breathe comfortably, eventually you will be able to fit the entire thing"

That's bullshit, and so is people doing "reps" putting their tongue up where it blocks their airway so that they can expand it or "grow their maxilla forward" (JFL) enough to one day get it so they can't block their airway with their tongue, then they'll finally (in their mind) be mewing correctly.

Stick your tongue out as far as you can and then try getting the "posterior third" up there, just like you do when you're tongue is in your mouth. You can still block the airway! You're never going to get to this magical point where you cannot block the airway with your tongue, no matter how forward your maxilla grows or how wide your palate expands.

Backing the tongue off from where it blocks the airway is proper mewing, this is not failure to get what Mike calls the "posterior third" up on the roof of the mouth.

Look in the mirror with your mouth open. Now raise the soft palate, Astro describes this action as a reverse yawn. The soft palate is the back of your palate, near your throat. Once you have it raised, keep it raised (for the rest of this exercise) and quickly close your mouth (SOFT PALATE STILL RAISED!), jam your FULL tongue up there at once, not starting from the root or the tip, and then instantly begin to breathe through your nose. The only parts moving from the point where you reverse yawned should be your tongue and your mouth closing. You can breathe! Its magic. (Couldn't before with the old shitty mew push swallow example)

Your posterior third tongue is never blocking your airway and preventing you from breathing. That last part of the "tongue" that blocks your airway is you lowering your soft palate, as you should do only with a swallow, not when learning the tongue posture.

If you have trouble understanding, switch between your tongue blocking your airway and the spot it goes to when you can just breathe comfortably, and really feel whats going on there. You are not dropping the back of your tongue to breathe, you are raising your soft palate. (Keep in mind this doesn't apply if you are actually sagging your tongue, which is the wrong way to open your airway after a mew push swallow. Most people just feel as though they are sagging their tongue but they aren't.)

People often say that after doing the cheesy smile swallowing exercise to get your tongue on the roof of your mouth that they can't breathe when they do this. This gets in a lot of people's minds that they aren't fully mewing and they have to block their airway when they mew. I think its a shitty way to go about teaching people mewing, and my method above should be taught to people once they know the proper swallowing pattern. The mew push swallow will always end in a position that blocks off your airway. Mike has x-ray footage (not x-ray but something that shows soft tissue, forget what its called) of the mew push swallow and it ends with the "tongue" (soft palate) blocking the airway. This is normal for everyone, even lifelong mewers, the end part of the mew push swallow where it blocks your airway is not the tongue posture!

In this part of the video the guy in the xray does a mew push swallow and then raises his soft palate so that he can breathe after the swallow.

Get to a point where you can breathe after doing a mew push swallow and you DO have the posterior third up on the roof of your mouth. You do not need to grow your maxilla or expand your palate to mew properly.

Credit to Astro Sky for bringing up this raising the soft palate idea, I've never heard this before.

Be sure to call me a dumbass and report this thread if you already knew this or if you disagree with me. (And if you disagree with me certainly don't explain why you disagree.)

All posts saying mewing doesn't do shit are welcome, I'm only here to tell you what the tongue posture is, I already destroyed you long ago when I scientifically proved that mewing works. It was impressive, really. I deserve a nobel peace prize.

What if you can't breathe while raising the soft palate either? Is there like a sound position where you can get the right mewing position to. Because saying ''sing'' blocks my airway too. Or atleast I need to snore. Should I keep snoring and it'll expand or not

Come on bros
Mewing is a gigacope
Why are people still talking about this?
I thought that this forum was already past this phase, this is getting ridiculous