Just got modafinil

Neurose

Neurose

Let's see how much it helps me with focus and productivity.

• +1
Reactions: manletofpeace81 and Pumanator
Have fun getting addicted to ADHD drugs when you don't even have ADHD. The lower the dose, the more likely you are to get depression, the higher the dose, the more likely you are to get vivid hallucinations.

How do I know? I've been using ADHD medication since 1st grade to treat my ADHD. I stopped taking it from 2016 to 2018 and it took many months to lose the addiction and get clean, then I realized that I was less intelligent without it so I switched to a different type of medication but it still gives a similar effect but with less side effects.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 10491
It's really subtle bro. Takes like 1 hour to kick in and you won't even notice any difference. You'll just have an incrediblely weird desire to go hard on whatever current task you are doing. It's not even an overwhelming feeling, youll just start wanting to complete whatever task you are working on, no matter how far off the end goal is.

I took a modafinil and went hiking the other day and accidentally went 4 miles too far and climbed 3 mountains.

IMG 20201219 140053
IMG 20201219 135730

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6785, quakociaptockh, Deleted member 10491 and 4 others
Have fun getting addicted to ADHD drugs when you don't even have ADHD. The lower the dose, the more likely you are to get depression, the higher the dose, the more likely you are to get vivid hallucinations.

How do I know? I've been using ADHD medication since 1st grade to treat my ADHD. I stopped taking it from 2016 to 2018 and it took many months to lose the addiction and get clean, then I realized that I was less intelligent without it so I switched to a different type of medication but it still gives a similar effect but with less side effects.
Modafinil is said by all scientific literature and anecdotal experiences to be non-addictive. Limited use vs your years long usage, obviously there is a difference.

It's really subtle bro. Takes like 1 hour to kick in and you won't even notice any difference. You'll just have an incrediblely weird desire to go hard on whatever current task you are doing. It's not even an overwhelming feeling, youll just start wanting to complete whatever task you are working on, no matter how far off the end goal is.

I took a modafinil and went hiking the other day and accidentally went 4 miles too far and climbed 3 mountains.

View attachment 886721View attachment 886729
That's exactly what I need tbh

Let us know how it goes

Let us know how it goes
I started getting a headache even before I took it and it might aggravate it so I'll try tomorrow

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
I started getting a headache even before I took it and it might aggravate it so I'll try tomorrow
No worries. I'm interested because I almost got it today, but the doctor denied me. Did you get yours online?

• +1
Reactions: Neurose
No worries. I'm interested because I almost got it today, but the doctor denied me. Did you get yours online?
got it OTC without a prescription

• +1
Reactions: Spinc

what other medication do you take now

how much mg did you take? you should also eat a bit before you take a pill

how much mg did you take? you should also eat a bit before you take a pill
I didn't take it yet, I started getting a headache for some other reason idk
so best not to take it the same day

Stimmaxxing is legit, if you have trouble with motivating yourself then dependency is worth it. Stims are easy to quit anyway unlike harder drugs like opioids or benzo which WD could kill you. although i recommend that you stick to caffeine unless it absolutely does nothing for you.

I would stimmaxx myself but they exacerbate my neuroticism.

• +1
Stimmaxxing is legit, if you have trouble with motivating yourself then dependency is worth it. Stims are easy to quit anyway unlike harder drugs like opioids or benzo which WD could kill you. although i recommend that you stick to caffeine unless it absolutely does nothing for you.

I would stimmaxx myself but they exacerbate my neuroticism.
Caffiene and modafinil aren't actually stimulants

It has great synergy with caffeine and l-theanine.

Room temp IQ detected. :feelsuhh:
They are stimulants by definition.
Listen, graycels, I've put a shit ton of studying into these two things, I advise you to take your head out of both your asses and realize caffiene and modafinil don't actually stimulate your brain, they are popularly called stimulants but don't actually stimulate your brain unlike amphetamines. Caffiene is absolutely not a stimulant, it just disabled the feeling of tiredness. That's not a stimulant.

Never call me low IQ you dumb fuck. I'll come steal all the women from your family and make them work for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10782, TsarTsar444 and oatmeal
what other medication do you take now

My entire life experience on ADHD medication (aka nootropics):

1) Ritalin 20mg 2 times per day was my first medication that I took as a child. Ritalin lasts only 4 hours.

2) Right after, for most of my childhood, I used Concerta 54mg once per day (it is the highest dose of that medication), it gave me such a low appetite that I couldn't eat lunch, and I remained very skinny from the age of 10 or 11 until the age of 18 because of it, at 18 I was 138 lbs at 6 foot 4. The medication also prevented me from sleeping at night since its effect lasted 14 hours when it should have been 10-12 hours.

3) At 18, in 2016, I stopped taking my medication in the hopes of never having to use any ever again because I wanted to be able to sleep and eat as much as I needed to be healthy, I slept for 12 hours per night for one whole week after quitting and it was hard for the first month but I used weightlifting as an alternative to be energized and it worked, that's what gave me the idea to start lifting, I might never have started otherwise.

4) At 20 years old, in 2018, I decided to start using ritalin again (but only 10mg) because I was going back to pre university school
(in Quebec we do 1 year less in high school and in college and those 2 years are used to prepare us for university, I finished high school in 2015 but was far from graduating due to a lack of maturity and not knowing what I wanted to do in life)
After I realized that the medication was making me depressed and sad all the time, I quit taking it right after the autumn semester (late august to late december) so in early 2019.

5) In 2019, I had a job working in a warehouse for one of the richest companies in the world and I was working with a forklift most of the time, which was dangerous because I was often not focused due to my ADHD, I had many times where I was close to driving into someone by accident, it only happened once but I made a lot more mistakes and broke a lot more boxes than anyone else. I was never the slowest but I was slower than average. So, in around September 2019, I decided to take a new medication, I started using Vyvanse 30mg.

6) I kept using Vyvanse 30mg until around October 2020 which is when I switched to 40mg and then, 2 weeks later, I switched to 50mg. The difference is huge, 30mg was not powerful enough and I see it now, 50mg gives me the ability to be as focused as I would be if I didn't have ADHD.

Conclusion:

Those drugs are very powerful and they definitely work even if you don't have ADHD, but the side effects may not be worth it for you, and although it gives you the ability to focus, it doesn't make you more productive, only you can do that. In other words, even though the medication makes me more focused, I still have to force myself to do things that require effort, it requires a lot of willpower and fighting against bad habits and bad urges, it's not easy and no pill could ever fix that problem, only you can fix it.

There is a reason why I write essays, it's because I have developed a bad habit of doing that over the years, it started on youtube, then on reddit, then here, and I have tried many times to quit but find it very difficult to do so. I have managed to spend less time doing it though, and I am trying to change and be more productive, no pill could give me that power, but new habits can be forged after 3 weeks of being consistent, according to many studies and statistics.

Also, just to be clear, Concerta and Vyvanse both are long lasting medications, while ritalin is short lasting. My biggest problem with short lasting medications is that it causes a rollercoaster of emotions and the effect is stronger but comes and goes a lot which makes me very stressed out. While long lasting medication has a weaker effect but strong enough to make me very focused and it doesn't come and go so my emotional state is stable and I don't get depressed or sad as a side effect. So, according to me, long lasting medications are the best, short lasting medications are easy to abuse because you can end up taking 3, 4 or even 5 in the same day while long lasting medications are taken only once per day. It's also very difficult to remember to take the medication at lunch so I always forgot, with Vyvanse I only need to think about it right when I wake up and it has become a routine. It even makes me less tired if I get enough sleep but wake up a bit tired or get only 6-7 hours of sleep, this helps for the days that I wake up tired since I can still lift.

• +1
Reactions: sorrowfulsad
  • +1