Just got prescribed Finasteride...

D

Deleted member 5760

‏‏‎ ‎
I'm 17 and my doctor prescribed me finasteride bc i'm norwooding hard. He said Minox is not worth it for me because that won't stop my hairline from receding, it will just hide it.

I lost my right temple at 16 and started deluding myself into thinking i just had a big forehead, or that is was just a "mature hairline".

I compared a picture of my hairline from Feb 2019 with a pic of my hairline now...my left temple is gone JFL i'm definitely NW2

I already bought the finasteride, i will give it 6 months before postings any pics but i can give updates if you're interested.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6217
IMG 20200611 WA0002

• So Sad
Reactions: Patient A and Deleted member 6217
I'm 17 and my doctor prescribed me finasteride bc i'm norwooding hard. He said Minox is not worth it for me because that won't stop my hairline from receding, it will just hide it.

I lost my right temple at 16 and started deluding myself into thinking i just had a big forehead, or that is was just a "mature hairline".

I compared a picture of my hairline from Feb 2019 with a pic of my hairline now...my left temple is gone JFL i'm definitely NW2

I already bought the finasteride, i will give it 6 months before postings any pics but i can give updates if you're interested.
Show before

Your 17 damn that’s early for fin i started with 20 and 3 months ago

wont that fuck up your develepmont starting that early?

wont that fuck up your develepmont starting that early?
idk, i'm pretty sure i already stopped growing, my height and shoe size haven't changed since 2018.

So fucking cruel

RIP
I also lost my right temple
Left temple is still good

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer
I swear its always the right temple first. My right temple is NW2, while my left is NW1.

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer and Raddemon
imagine being NW2 at 17

kinda doesn't mean anything out of context - how is the hair of your male relatives, do you have active miniaturization behind the hairline etc.
NW2 just means you lost your juvenile, rounded hairline which happens to a majority of young Caucasian males. good thing is most of them keep it for quite a while.

post a pic of your hairline if you can, I've seen many people here overreact at very minimal, if any, changes to their hair. starting fin at 17 is suboptimal, so at the very least you should be 101% sure that your loss is gonna advance.

kinda doesn't mean anything out of context - how is the hair of your male relatives, do you have active miniaturization behind the hairline etc.
Almost all my uncles from my father's side are bald, they are 5, and 3 of them are NW7. My father is probably NW3, he doesn't have the V or U shaped hairline, he just has no temples.

I don't have male relatives from my mother's side except for my maternal grandfather, but i've never met him jfl
NW2 just means you lost your juvenile, rounded hairline which happens to a majority of young Caucasian males. good thing is most of them keep it for quite a while.
Bro i really hope this is true :feelsmega:
post a pic of your hairline if you can, I've seen many people here overreact at very minimal, if any, changes to their hair. starting fin at 17 is suboptimal, so at the very least you should be 101% sure that your loss is gonna advance.
I will post pics when i'm 100% sure i made some progress, give me 6 months.
I'm not overreacting, i know how serious taking finasteride is, i researched a lot on various hair loss forums a couple of months ago, i'm more than willing to go through the side effects if that means saving my hair.