K18 or Olaplex? [Hair Treatment]

Andremln

Andremln

>>>
Sup, i got like a mix between straight and wavy hair, it's naturally very dry and it got waves but they dont fully form because of frizz, i want to get some treatment to make my hair healthier and look better, make it smoother, i've read some threads about both treatments but i don't know which one should i get

@enchanted_elixir @BucketCrab

im basically a hair expert, show pics of ur hair

he left

Also only use them if you have damaged hair
I dont think its damaged, ive had hair like this since like i was 10, before that tho it was a lot smoother but its because i was younger

Attachments

• 20240423_210753.jpg
    20240423_210753.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Woah
Reactions: distance decay
Nvm i posted it here, what so you think?
it’s a bit shorter than expected, it also looks damaged. u have a bunch of split ends and it looks fried, you probably have low porosity hair, which means it’s harder for oils and other liquids to be absorbed by your hair. your best bet is honestly getting a buzz and starting over, cus even if you use the products that i tell you about, your ends are still gonna be a bit dry and brittle. but this is what i’ll prescribe: a rest shampoo and conditioner, good examples for this are the shu uemura ultimate reset line, along with its ultimate reset mask treatment. another good shampoo and conditioner set for this would be the briogeo scalp revival micro exfoliating shampoo, cus you’re scalp probably isn’t very healthy. a good conditioner to pair this with would be the briogeo deep conditioning mask, (yeah it’s a mask but u can use it as a conditioner, it would be better for your hair, considering the state it’s in) try to stick with the same brand when buying shampoo and conditioner pairs. then you’d need an oil and a serum, i recommend the k18 molecular repair hair mask (this ones leave in so i’d consider it more like a serum than a mask) because you have wavy ish hair i’d recommend a type of argan oil, like the one by moroccan oil, it’s called moroccan oil argan oil treatment. another good one is the kerastase elixir ultimate. if you want you could try the olaplex bonding oil, but i hear that olaplex doesn’t work great for some types of textured hairs (i’ve tried some of their products myself). the gisou honey infused hair oil is good too. for a leave in conditioner, id use either the moroccan oil all in one leave in conditioner or the ouai detangling and frizz fighting leave in conditioner. that’s all i would use for now, it’s a fairly simple and concise routine, depending on how your hair reacts to those treatments after a month and a half to two months, u can decide whether u want to lessen the amount of products, or consult to me to add a little more/swap or replace some of the products to get your hair to a more ‘perfect’ look. btw if u decide to buzz like i recommended it earlier, u could still use these products to prevent it from becoming like that again, except i would add the briogeo rosemary prewash into you’re routine. cus honestly im not quite sure if that’s you’re hair’s natural texture, it might actually be straight and only seeming to be wavy due to it being dirty, frizzy, and damaged. some people’s hair turns into a different texture when it’s dirty. u can pm me in chat if u have any more questions

• +1
Reactions: silencio
it’s a bit shorter than expected, it also looks damaged. u have a bunch of split ends and it looks fried, you probably have low porosity hair, which means it’s harder for oils and other liquids to be absorbed by your hair. your best bet is honestly getting a buzz and starting over, cus even if you use the products that i tell you about, your ends are still gonna be a bit dry and brittle. but this is what i’ll prescribe: a rest shampoo and conditioner, good examples for this are the shu uemura ultimate reset line, along with its ultimate reset mask treatment. another good shampoo and conditioner set for this would be the briogeo scalp revival micro exfoliating shampoo, cus you’re scalp probably isn’t very healthy. a good conditioner to pair this with would be the briogeo deep conditioning mask, (yeah it’s a mask but u can use it as a conditioner, it would be better for your hair, considering the state it’s in) try to stick with the same brand when buying shampoo and conditioner pairs. then you’d need an oil and a serum, i recommend the k18 molecular repair hair mask (this ones leave in so i’d consider it more like a serum than a mask) because you have wavy ish hair i’d recommend a type of argan oil, like the one by moroccan oil, it’s called moroccan oil argan oil treatment. another good one is the kerastase elixir ultimate. if you want you could try the olaplex bonding oil, but i hear that olaplex doesn’t work great for some types of textured hairs (i’ve tried some of their products myself). the gisou honey infused hair oil is good too. for a leave in conditioner, id use either the moroccan oil all in one leave in conditioner or the ouai detangling and frizz fighting leave in conditioner. that’s all i would use for now, it’s a fairly simple and concise routine, depending on how your hair reacts to those treatments after a month and a half to two months, u can decide whether u want to lessen the amount of products, or consult to me to add a little more/swap or replace some of the products to get your hair to a more ‘perfect’ look. btw if u decide to buzz like i recommended it earlier, u could still use these products to prevent it from becoming like that again, except i would add the briogeo rosemary prewash into you’re routine. cus honestly im not quite sure if that’s you’re hair’s natural texture, it might actually be straight and only seeming to be wavy due to it being dirty, frizzy, and damaged. some people’s hair turns into a different texture when it’s dirty. u can pm me in chat if u have any more questions
Thanks a lot, i will try this, the information you gave is very helpful, btw what do you think the hair would look like after treating it? If it responds well and i also buzz it

Btw in that pic my hair looks far worse than it actually is, i think its because i blow dried it that day

I would like to achieve hair like this tbh

Thanks a lot, i will try this, the information you gave is very helpful, btw what do you think the hair would look like after treating it? If it responds well and i also buzz it

Btw in that pic my hair looks far worse than it actually is, i think its because i blow dried it that day

I would like to achieve hair like this tbhView attachment 2890618
if you buzz it and immediately begin the routine then you’ll end up with a very healthy looking head of hair, i can’t know if it’ll look like one in the picture because the damage in ur hair makes it impossible to tell your actual hair texture. i’d just buzz it and use that routine along with the rosemary pre wash and a ceramic scalp massage to boost its growth rate, grow it out for like 6-8 months, no big haircuts, only split end trims that’s it (no longer than half an inch cut from each end), and once it’s long you can decide what hairstyle you wanna do, since you’d then have enough length for any style you want.

blow dried it that day
Brah u got an inch of hair you do not need to blow dry

You might have a much tighter curl pattern ngl, do you brush it everyday? You said its always been like this? That probably means you havent done anything to damage it and u just have curly hair. Its just that your hair starts coiling after length. I would buzz and just grow it out and see before you do anything.

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel and AySab
Sup, i got like a mix between straight and wavy hair, it's naturally very dry and it got waves but they dont fully form because of frizz, i want to get some treatment to make my hair healthier and look better, make it smoother, i've read some threads about both treatments but i don't know which one should i get

it works differently from olaplex n.3 but it's way faster and it seems to work fine too.

I used olaplex to repair mine and it worked, but maybe k18 is even better!
I can't really say since I never used k18

What haircare do you use? What shampoo and conditioner? Any other products?

I would like to achieve hair like this tbhView attachment 2890618
He has a mild wavy hair, it's somewhere between straight and wavy and by the looks of it you have curly hair so no, you probably wouldn't achieve that hair.

UPDATE: after researching it extensively and comparing dozens of review, I have started testing K18 personally.
Will update you in a month.

• Love it
Reactions: Andremln
UPDATE: after researching it extensively and comparing dozens of review, I have started testing K18 personally.
Will update you in a month.
I know its been less than a month but how is it going?