K2 mk4 causes hair loss?

D

Deleted member 20565

Platinum
Did anyone currently megadosing experience any kind of hair loss? I saw on other forums that some apparently started losing more hair but I'm not sure if it's because it apparently inhibs PGE2(Prostaglandin E2) or if it causes disbalance with vitamin D if it isn't supplemented along with it.

Such a shame if true it has so many good benefits :feelswhy:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Kroker, ChristianChad and 1 other person
people report this when they start megadosing zinc aswell as they end up messing up the zinc to copper ratio.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, dadfa and 2 others
people report this when they start megadosing zinc aswell as they end up messing up the zinc to copper ratio.
Yeah but the zinc one seems easily reversible once the ratio is balanced again however the hairloss caused by K2 apparently seems to speed up the process of MPB

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Moggie
Yeah but the zinc one seems easily reversible once the ratio is balanced again however the hairloss caused by K2 apparently seems to speed up the process of MPB
Didn't people here say that a deficiency of k2 causes hairloss?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
The study says it lowers estrogen , not that it causes hairloss?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20565 and ChristianChad
The study says it lowers estrogen , not that it causes hairloss?
I didnt conclusively say that it causes hair loss, but that what it does to hormones may induce some kind of off putting disbalance, which may cause hair loss. It is just a speculation as only actual proof is anecdotes from people on random forums. Im still gonna take it though lol

• +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK and ChristianChad
Damn guess it does hey op I guess if you don't wanna bald you can send the rest of that K2 to me

• JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 20565
whereas Abcc6-/- mice fed with a high dose of MK4 had marked liver discoloration, with small distinct lesions on the liver surface. These mice also showed an apparent increased propensity to blood clotting observed upon blood withdrawal. Approximately 50% of the WT mice fed the enriched high dose MK4 diet also had areas of hair loss and skin lesions consistent with increased scratching. However, no change in the gross appearance of their liver was observed

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 20565 and ChristianChad
whereas Abcc6-/- mice fed with a high dose of MK4 had marked liver discoloration, with small distinct lesions on the liver surface. These mice also showed an apparent increased propensity to blood clotting observed upon blood withdrawal. Approximately 50% of the WT mice fed the enriched high dose MK4 diet also had areas of hair loss and skin lesions consistent with increased scratching. However, no change in the gross appearance of their liver was observed
this is a mice study though whereas there were human studies in japan where up to 45mg k2 was shown not to have any negative side effects ill link it when i find

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and ChristianChad
I'm taking 15000 iu D3 + 200 mcg K2 mk7 + 45 mg K2 mk4 in morning

And 400 mg magnesium in night

Also 50 mg zinc picolinate in evening

I am prone to mpb, I'll let you know if i feel something

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20565 and ChristianChad
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/high-dose-mk4-hairloss.23986/ thread on this topic and that study

TL;Dr
Get an adequate amount of the other fat soluble Vitamins (A - fresh and good quality Beef Liver from the butcher cooked rare once/twice a week with a fatty meal, D - supplement 1000/3000 UI per day with a fatty meal or get bare chested sun exposure at midday (11:00-13:30) 2-4 times a week, K1 - Kale boiled for 30 minutes 1-2 times a week with a fatty meal).
Eat adequate amounts of Calcium, Magnesium and a general nutritious diet.

OP if you want to be extra careful don't supplement above 15mg

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, HOLYFUARK and Deleted member 20565
yea lower estrogen = hair loss. i've been taking mk4 45 mg for awhile and when i got my hair colored (twice in one session) shit fell out like crazy and my hair is the thinnest it's ever been, even when i suffered hairloss from extreme stress and chemical treatment (perm *2), it got pretty bad but i never considered minoxidil, now i'm buying minoxidil becuase the hair loss is terrifying.

legit i looked at the crown of my head in the mirror and it almost made me cry bro

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 22886, Kroker, ChristianChad and 1 other person

mogger stack tbh how old are you

yea lower estrogen = hair loss. i've been taking mk4 45 mg for awhile and when i got my hair colored (twice in one session) shit fell out like crazy and my hair is the thinnest it's ever been, even when i suffered hairloss from extreme stress and chemical treatment (perm *2), it got pretty bad but i never considered minoxidil, now i'm buying minoxidil becuase the hair loss is terrifying.

legit i looked at the crown of my head in the mirror and it almost made me cry bro
tbh its probably because of all the treatments youve done to your hair

tbh its probably because of all the treatments youve done to your hair
yea i have really sensitive skin which applies to the scalp, and the roots of my hair are growing back in blonde so it looks even worse jfl

also here u can see my hair like 1 year ago when it was the worst

vs like 8 months later

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 20565
mind linking the supplier for k2 btw?
Right now my supplier is a brand called "AIWO" but next time I will purchase the topical version from "idealabs" it's far more effective than oral one

Yes it makes hair shed.

I took K2 MK7 (190mcg and lowered to 90mcg) and within a week I noticed my hair thinning!!!

I knew it was the K2 because my fair was just fine!!!!

Fuck

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and ChristianChad
It's not smart imo to megadose K2 MK4 as just 200 mcg a day is plenty to do it's normal job and shouldn't cause any hair loss

• +1
Yes it makes hair shed.

I took K2 MK7 (190mcg and lowered to 90mcg) and within a week I noticed my hair thinning!!!

I knew it was the K2 because my fair was just fine!!!!

Fuck
I told you not to take MK7 nigger! :rage:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Kroker
It's not smart imo to megadose K2 MK4 as just 200 mcg a day is plenty to do it's normal job and shouldn't cause any hair loss
Why is this forum so retarded!:rage: There doesn't even exist a supp which has less then 1mg MK4. You are talking about MK7 which is dosed in the mcg range from 50-400

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama and Kroker
Why is this forum so retarded!:rage: There doesn't even exist a supp which has less then 1mg MK4. You are talking about MK7 which is dosed in the mcg range from 50-400

I take two 100 mcg pills a day of it and most places sell amounts like that. As far as bones etc 200 mcg daily is enough. Crazy doses for a t boost is not smart imo.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: GigaAscender and ChristianChad
I told you not to take MK7 nigger! :rage:
That's what I found in stores near me :cry:... If it's MK4 then I gotta order from another country...

What's the difference tho mate? I know that MK7 half life is longer than MK4 but that's it?

I found it benefited bones a little but terrible sides... Yellow skin, hair thinning and shortness of breath. :cry:

• WTF
I take two 100 mcg pills a day of it and most places sell amounts like that. As far as bones etc 200 mcg daily is enough. Crazy doses for a t boost is not smart imo.
The smallest ever MK4 dose used in study is 5mg dose. Anecdotally I've seen few instances of 1mg.
Common doses for studies are 15-45mg, with no known toxicity, it's a very safe supplement.
I've never heard of a sub-milligramme dosing regiment, that's just underdosed.

That's what I found in stores near me :cry:... If it's MK4 then I gotta order from another country...

What's the difference tho mate? I know that MK7 half life is longer than MK4 but that's it?

I found it benefited bones a little but terrible sides... Yellow skin, hair thinning and shortness of breath. :cry:
MK-7 is SHIT! Order MK-4 :forcedsmile: Or be incel :what:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lawton88, Deleted member 20565 and Kroker
The smallest ever MK4 dose used in study is 5mg dose. Anecdotally I've seen few instances of 1mg.
Common doses for studies are 15-45mg, with no known toxicity, it's a very safe supplement.
I've never heard of a sub-milligramme dosing regiment, that's just underdosed.

Yep they used crazy amounts to see what it would do but the recommended daily supplement of it is just 120 mcg or so I think. Have heard of many self reported problems megadosing the stuff.

• +1
Also that is not true about MK4 wearing off after 4 hours. It just doesn't register in the blood as it is uptaken by the tissue and bones. They use that BS claim to try and sell MK7 to you.

• +1
unfortunately theres shitton of anecdotes of peoples hairline receding
its over

Yep they used crazy amounts to see what it would do but the recommended daily supplement of it is just 120 mcg or so I think. Have heard of many self reported problems megadosing the stuff.
I think problems may arise if you don't eat enough Magnesium, Calcium, have normal Vitamin D status etc.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88

did you have benefits? if yes, which ones?

Did anyone currently megadosing experience any kind of hair loss? I saw on other forums that some apparently started losing more hair but I'm not sure if it's because it apparently inhibs PGE2(Prostaglandin E2) or if it causes disbalance with vitamin D if it isn't supplemented along with it.

Such a shame if true it has so many good benefits :feelswhy:
I've been megadosing k2 45 mg for like 2 weeks and I def noticed an increase in hair loss in the shower. But i was pretty deficient in B vitamins. I started taking some, especially biotin and it seems to have stopped.

• Woah