Ketoconazole for hairloss: Use the cream version

S

siliconvalleycel

Fasting advocate
TL;DR in the title

I've been fighting the Norwood reaper and I stumbled something I didn't see here before, so I'll share with you bros.
Nearing 40 btw

Ketoconazole shampoo is used to treat dandruff, but it's also a (weak) 5α-Reductase inhibitor so it's often used as an adjunct therapeutic for people trying to reduce DHT.
I've used it in the past and it's somewhat cope, as I said, it's a weak 5-ar inhibitor and it stays too little in your scalp to make a difference.
Even as a dandruff shampoo it's kinda shitty because it dries out your hair.

So I stumbled upon a short video by a dermatologist talking about dandruff, and he recommends patients to use the cream instead of the shampoo (the cream is meant for fungal skin infections like athlete's foot).
Pros:
  • Higher concentration (2.0% in the cream vs 0.5% in the shampoo)
  • DHT reduction is scalp only, not systemic, so no half chubs
  • Doesn't dry out your hair
  • It can stay on for much longer than the shampoo, I personally use it AFTER showering so I effectively have it on the entire day
  • You can use a decent shampoo (and use it less frequently)
  • It actually nukes dandruff into oblivion
Regarding hairloss, I've noticed a definite decrease in shedding, comparable to finasteride*.
It has been almost a month now and even my barber asked what I was doing to get that extra volume.

At the moment the two things I'm doing is ketoconazole cream once a day after showering (to prevent shedding), and a Stemoxydine spray (to encourage growth). That's it.

*I took finasteride for a few months last year, but started getting like 80% erections so I quit (no PFS fortunately)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ymb, Deleted member 30679, spyspy and 1 other person

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29747
a link to the product ?

TL;DR in the title

I've been fighting the Norwood reaper and I stumbled something I didn't see here before, so I'll share with you bros.
Nearing 40 btw

Ketoconazole shampoo is used to treat dandruff, but it's also a (weak) 5α-Reductase inhibitor so it's often used as an adjunct therapeutic for people trying to reduce DHT.
I've used it in the past and it's somewhat cope, as I said, it's a weak 5-ar inhibitor and it stays too little in your scalp to make a difference.
Even as a dandruff shampoo it's kinda shitty because it dries out your hair.

So I stumbled upon a short video by a dermatologist talking about dandruff, and he recommends patients to use the cream instead of the shampoo (the cream is meant for fungal skin infections like athlete's foot).
Pros:
  • Higher concentration (2.0% in the cream vs 0.5% in the shampoo)
  • DHT reduction is scalp only, not systemic, so no half chubs
  • Doesn't dry out your hair
  • It can stay on for much longer than the shampoo, I personally use it AFTER showering so I effectively have it on the entire day
  • You can use a decent shampoo (and use it less frequently)
  • It actually nukes dandruff into oblivion
Regarding hairloss, I've noticed a definite decrease in shedding, comparable to finasteride*.
It has been almost a month now and even my barber asked what I was doing to get that extra volume.

At the moment the two things I'm doing is ketoconazole cream once a day after showering (to prevent shedding), and a Stemoxydine spray (to encourage growth). That's it.

*I took finasteride for a few months last year, but started getting like 80% erections so I quit (no PFS fortunately)
Do you apply it all over the scalp or just DHT sensitive areas? Ketoconazole shampoo dries out my hair quite a bit as well, but the convenience of the shampoo is why I like it.
Nearing 40 btw
What made you join and find this site at your age?

does keto shampoo lower dht a noticeable amount? I’ve heard it hasn’t but I am 17 and use it twice a week. But if it decreases dht I should probably wait

this shit didnt even work for my dandruff now i just figured out its lowering my dht

a link to the product ?
Just google 'ketoconazole cream' any generic will work

Do you apply it all over the scalp or just DHT sensitive areas?
I'm applying it to the entire scalp because I also had a flare-up of dandruff.
Found this site in while browsing 4chan, the knowledge here is cutting edge and the willingness to experiment high, I'm fucking tired of the "safe and effective" bullshit you get in regular sources.

does keto shampoo lower dht a noticeable amount?
The shampoo didn't do shit in my experience, the cream is working.

i just figured out its lowering my dht
It lowers it in your scalp (which is what you want), not systemically (which is what you don't want). Win-win.
But the shampoo is cope

• +1
Reactions: inwardgonionscel and Outlier
i dont have mpb but if i did I wouldn't put FOOT CREAM in my hair

I’ll try the cream. Would you say minoxidil is good enough to encourage growth?

I’m starting from tomorrow with minoxidil every night and micro needing 1.5 mm 1 time a week.
Would you say it’s worth the risk? I just ordered one from alldaychemist and i’m waiting for it. Gonna take 1mg daily or start with 1mg every other day.

What dose did you do?

I personally relate to you, im tired of the “safe” options than don’t work. Im willing to lose my dick if it means gettin my full head of back.

Would you say minoxidil is good enough to encourage growth?
Minoxidil is probably the gold standard for growth if you're a responder, I'm doing Stemoxydine because I found it in a non drying formulation and I like to try new things, plus the side effect profile is better and since there's no initial shed I'm hoping I won't lose it all if I don't use it for a while like minox (pure speculation on my part).
Apparently they work on different phases of hair growth, minox extending the anagen (growth) phase and stemo shortening the inactive phase between telogen (shedding) and the next anagen. Maybe stackable?
Dermaneedling has a lot of backing, so it's great if you can do it, but I just find it too messy to do it over the scalp itself if you actually have hair (my issue is diffuse thinning, not so much receding). I have a knockoff dermapen from AliExpress and might give it a go sometime to try and recoup some of the hairline anyways, after I make sure I'm gaining ground with my routine.

About fin, I took 0.25mg daily (split 1mg into quarters). It stops shedding dead on it's tracks, so it works, and fast.
Personally, I like fucking more than I like my hair, so when I felt the sexual sides I stopped.

• JFL
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Minoxidil is probably the gold standard for growth if you're a responder, I'm doing Stemoxydine because I found it in a non drying formulation and I like to try new things, plus the side effect profile is better and since there's no initial shed I'm hoping I won't lose it all if I don't use it for a while like minox (pure speculation on my part).
Apparently they work on different phases of hair growth, minox extending the anagen (growth) phase and stemo shortening the inactive phase between telogen (shedding) and the next anagen. Maybe stackable?
Dermaneedling has a lot of backing, so it's great if you can do it, but I just find it too messy to do it over the scalp itself if you actually have hair (my issue is diffuse thinning, not so much receding). I have a knockoff dermapen from AliExpress and might give it a go sometime to try and recoup some of the hairline anyways, after I make sure I'm gaining ground with my routine.

About fin, I took 0.25mg daily (split 1mg into quarters). It stops shedding dead on it's tracks, so it works, and fast.
Personally, I like fucking more than I like my hair, so when I felt the sexual sides I stopped.
initial shedding??

Does minoxidil cause hair to fall in the i rial phase??? and for how much time will it fall?!?

I’m already at the verge of being bald. i can’t loose anymore hair!!
Should i wait to get Fin to start minoxidil??

and stemo shortening the inactive phase between telogen (shedding) and the next anagen.
Also didn’t understand this part

Does minoxidil cause hair to fall in the i rial phase???
It's been known to, but that's a good thing TM because it's a sign it's working, people report 1-2 months

The last part is just a mechanism tangent

for me, cutting the finasteride dosage to 0.5mg every 2 days restored my 100% erections, and should still do a moderately acceptable job at dht suppression.

Also remember you will never get to use the erection on a foid if you become a baldcel lol

Nostalgicwojak

It's been known to, but that's a good thing TM because it's a sign it's working, people report 1-2 months

The last part is just a mechanism tangent
i applied minoxidil on my eyebrows, nothing fell out yet they became thick slugs and voraciously grew in length

i also put it on my lashes, same thing happened there

no shedding, but very speedy hair growth.