Kybella

Deleted member 9989

Deleted member 9989

Silver
What’s your opinion for Kybella (losing double chin fat cheeks fat) ? Jews ?

@RealSurgerymax Help

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 9989
You have to drop to 10% bf first to worry about double chin, if you still consider klyblela after losing bf and have double chin consider suicide instead

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
You have to drop to 10% bf first to worry about double chin, if you still consider klyblela after losing bf and have double chin consider suicide instead

I am recessed but too high inhib for osteonomy. Maybe filers on chin/mandible and kybella can be good ?

@RealSurgerymax Help

In general Kybella is good when you simply don't have enough fat for liposuction.
  • If you have enough fat to justify liposuction, then it will usually take far too many kybella treatments to see noticeable or satisfactory results. Unfortunately Kybella is very slow acting and very expensive (will end up costing more than the liposuction, taking much longer (6+ months of treatments), resulting in MORE SWELLING and social hiding time)
    • Kybella Swelling will give you a very noticeable "bullfrog" double chin for the first 3-5 days. By week 2 it will be about half as noticeable and by week 3 you will look mostly normal maybe just a little puffier.
    • (Nearly a month of swelling) x (6 Rounds) = 6 Months of Swelling for a subtle result and 2-3x the cost of liposuction
  • Liposuction is a little more invasive but gives better results, 15x faster.
  • Some people, especially (a.) borderline, (b.) young, (c.) men have tight, closely packed septae (the collagenous web under the skin that runs throughout the fat layer) that is veyr firm. A fat person will have sufficient fat that these septae are loose and stretched out. So in young borderline patients it isn't necessarily that liposuction isn't justified - but that an effective/satisfactory surgical fat removal might not be possible. Even with small cannulas and Vibration handles (Power Assisted Liposuction / Microaire) its just ripping through this dense connective tissue, the fat globules being more tightly adherent to it. So all that is coming through the tube is a bloody mess consisting of strips of the collagen web, blood, and little fat at all. Vaser (Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction) might help with this some.
  • So if you are borderline, 2 or 3 rounds injection lipolysis may be worth it.
  • Kybella is the commercialized serum which is Deoxycholic Acid 1% which is somewhat weak. Prior to their patent, some pharmacies made a custom compounded serum which physicians could order that was stronger (Deoxycholic Acid 2.5%) and included another ingredient and that was Phosphatodylcholine 5%. These compounded serums had mixed reviews from less effective than kybella to far more effective than kybella - this probably had to do with differences in exact dosage, administration technique, or minor chemical variations related to their preparation (pH not balanced Properly, Solubility, Tonicity, Micellization, Stability/Shelf Life, etc...) Because of kybella, these are mostly gone in the USA. However France, Brazil, and South East Asia have Certified Mesotherapy clinics which offer similar compounded serums with good efficacy.

I wrote extensively about this on Lookism "Addressing Facial fat Pads" and I will be editing a second version when I get the time. Its a little jumbled but the info is still good.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: truecel12, the next o'pry, Deleted member 5180 and 10 others
In general Kybella is good when you simply don't have enough fat for liposuction.
  • If you have enough fat to justify liposuction, then it will usually take far too many kybella treatments to see noticeable or satisfactory results. Unfortunately Kybella is very slow acting and very expensive (will end up costing more than the liposuction, taking much longer (6+ months of treatments), resulting in MORE SWELLING and social hiding time)
    • Kybella Swelling will give you a very noticeable "bullfrog" double chin for the first 3-5 days. By week 2 it will be about half as noticeable and by week 3 you will look mostly normal maybe just a little puffier.
    • (Nearly a month of swelling) x (6 Rounds) = 6 Months of Swelling for a subtle result and 2-3x the cost of liposuction
  • Some people, especially (a.) borderline, (b.) young, (c.) men have tight, closely packed septae (the collagenous web under the skin that runs throughout the fat layer) that is veyr firm. A fat person will have sufficient fat that these septae are loose and stretched out. So in young borderline patients it isn't necessarily that liposuction isn't justified - but that an effective/satisfactory surgical fat removal might not be possible. Even with small cannulas and Vibration handles (Power Assisted Liposuction / Microaire) its just ripping through this dense connective tissue, the fat globules being more tightly adherent to it. So all that is coming through the tube is a bloody mess of peices of the collagen web, blood, and little fat at all. Vaser (Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction) might help with this some.
  • Kybella is the commercialized serum which is Deoxycholic Acid 1% which is somewhat weak. Prior to their patent, some pharmacies made a custom compounded serum which physicians could order that was stronger (Deoxycholic Acid 2.5%) and included another ingredient and that was Phosphatodylcholine 5%. These compounded serums had mixed reviews from less effective than kybella to far more effective than kybella - this probably had to do with differences in exact dosage, administration technique, or minor chemical variations related to their preparation (pH not balanced Properly, Solubility, Tonicity, Micellization, Stability/Shelf Life, etc...) Because of kybella, these are mostly gone in the USA. However France, Brazil, and South East Asia have Certified Mesotherapy clinics which offer similar compounded serums with good efficacy.

I wrote extensively about this on Lookism "Addressing Facial fat Pads" and I will be editing a second version when I get the time. Its a little jumbled but the info is still good.

thanks dude, perfect. And what do you think of filers for mandible/chin + UEE?

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
  • Some people, especially (a.) borderline, (b.) young, (c.) men have tight, closely packed septae (the collagenous web under the skin that runs throughout the fat layer) that is veyr firm. A fat person will have sufficient fat that these septae are loose and stretched out. So in young borderline patients it isn't necessarily that liposuction isn't justified - but that an effective/satisfactory surgical fat removal might not be possible. Even with small cannulas and Vibration handles (Power Assisted Liposuction / Microaire) its just ripping through this dense connective tissue, the fat globules being more tightly adherent to it. So all that is coming through the tube is a bloody mess consisting of strips of the collagen web, blood, and little fat at all. Vaser (Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction) might help with this some.

Good paragraph.
What about this ?

• +1
Reactions: Soalian

In France, surgeons use Belkyra, which is basically another tradename for Deoxycholic acid preparations, like Kybella.

I had some success with using Lipo Lab PPC, which is a preparation with Phosphatidylcholine, with Sodium Deoxycholate in it.

It's basically the Korean version of Kybella, from what I saw.

• +1
Good paragraph.
What about this ?

"The fat cells die off after a frozen slurry being injected ".

Sounds great. Too good to be true even, tbh.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043

What's your opinion on cryolysis, mesotherapy, "cool sculpting",etc,...

and other alternative, non-invasive methods, to achieve some degree of lipolysis in facial fat?

Does anyone (@RealSurgerymax ) know anyone who will do Kybella on the cheeks? I’m 12% body fat (don’t want to go lower - already show ribs jfl) and want to get rid of facial fat in Cheeks.

thanks dude, perfect. And what do you think of filers for mandible/chin + UEE?

My General Take: Fillers are for Soft-Tissue augmentation in the absense of autologous fat.

Mandible/Chin:

Fillers are for soft tissue augmentation NOT for skeletal augmentation. Even the calcium based ones like Radiesse can eventually cause problems and worse - they can't be dissolved like HA fillers! They might look great for a while. At best, they will vanish - and at worst... they will migrate, flatten out creating a bloated look or asymmetry (more likely eventually).

UEE:
Upper Eyelid Exposure can be fixed in 4 main ways and it really takes an expert to identify the exact aesthetic deficiency(ies) that may justify which approach (which will likely be a combination):
  1. Skeletal Supraorbital Rim Augmentation with Vertical-Drop Down Custom Implant. This implant can only be custom since no ones aesthetic need/desire or native skeletal contour is the same. PEEK is best and there is a limit because of the tight overlying soft tissue and need to accomodate the Supraorbital and Supratrochlear nerve bundles in the plan so not to cause migraines by impinging them.
  2. Supraorbital Soft Tissue Augmentation with Fat Grafts. While UEE often has a skeletal deficiency component, correcting this by itself with a solid implant may cause an over-skeletonized look requiring a small amount of soft tissue augmentation over it for a more full correction. About 50% of the fat deposited dies and is resorbed within 4-6 weeks, but what survives will remain for life. As stated above this is a tight area so fat and filler deposited here can "have a mind of it's own" because of the tight fascial layers. So it's definitely a tricky area for depositing any liquid and it should never be more than 0.5mL per side due to this risk.
  3. Supraorbital Soft Tissue Augmentation with HA Fillers. Everything above applies, and this should also be done carefully and incrementally. The biggest difference is it doesn't remain for life subjecting you to the risks of a tricky filler injection every single year which can eventually turn out badly. Further if it is on top of an implant this is one time where it risks the implant for infection if the filler cannula contacts the implant under the skin introducing skin bacteria (Implants are most commonly colonized by and lost to Staph aureus, a common skin bacteria.) This should be for people with really no option for fat graft because they have no fat on their body to take (most people do)
  4. Raising Upper Eyelids through Ptosis Surgery even if you don't have clinical ptosis which could be either a Subconjuctival or Muellers Muscle Resection or Levator Muscle Tightenign Technique.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9989
What's your opinion on 1.cryolysis, 2.mesotherapy, 3. "cool sculpting",etc,...

and other alternative, non-invasive methods, to achieve some degree of lipolysis in facial fat?

1. If referring to slurry - Not enough research yet and there isn't a standard delivery device I know of.
2. Mesotherapy - Depends. Technically Injection Lypolysis is different than mesotherapy but are talked about synonomously. A lot of mesotherapy isn't allopathic and is trade secret and what literature that does exist isnt in English.
3. It can work but is as expensive as liposuction and can't actually "sculpt" at all - just uses the standard cups so is very limited.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
1. If referring to slurry - Not enough research yet and there isn't a standard delivery device I know of.
2. Mesotherapy - Depends. Technically Injection Lypolysis is different than mesotherapy but are talked about synonomously. A lot of mesotherapy isn't allopathic and is trade secret and what literature that does exist isnt in English.
3. It can work but is as expensive as liposuction and can't actually "sculpt" at all - just uses the standard cups so is very limited.
Ok, thanks.

I guess I'll just be smashing my head into a bowl with ice-cold water then instead.

Does anyone (@RealSurgerymax ) know anyone who will do Kybella on the cheeks? I’m 12% body fat (don’t want to go lower - already show ribs jfl) and want to get rid of facial fat in Cheeks.

Start emailing surgeons around you who do a lot of FACELIFTs. A Boob & BBL plastic surgeon will probably not deviate from the directions. A true expert confident and comfortable in the Facial Subcutaneous Layer is more likely to be open to off-label uses in the area he KNOWS. They are out there.

There are MANY who openly advertise off label use for Jowls all around the world.

Last edited:
Getting to 8-12% bodyfat first.
Keep in mind most underestimate bodyfat a lot

• +1

what do you mean borderline?

About 1cm-1.25cm pinchable fat or less, but still softer than ideal.

I'm not sure I understand. I think I fall into that category.

So not enough fat tissue = lipo will fail and needs kybella instead?

I'm not sure I understand. I think I fall into that category.

So not enough fat tissue = lipo will fail and needs kybella instead?

Yes or a long term diet change and increase in exercise.

Obviously some people do have resistant areas that seem to be the last place to lose fat though.

About 1cm-1.25cm pinchable fat or less, but still softer than ideal.
What if you have even less fat than this
Would be kybella still be beneficial?

also is buccal fat removal advisable without bimax aka slightly receded jaw?

would be great if you have time to check my pm

Last edited:
Yes or a long term diet change and increase in exercise.

Obviously some people do have resistant areas that seem to be the last place to lose fat though.

is this good for normal lipo?

VikgEO5.png

Last edited: