Leanmaxxing fail. HOW TF DO I CUT

D

Deleted member 32410

Tried leaning out or cutting but basically just ended up losing tons of weight and losing like only 3% max bf. Id say I went from 18 to 15% bf and lost like 14 lbs.

That’s 14/20 lbs I gained on my bulk (bulked to 145 lbs) So I’m back at 129 lbs and still skinny fat, basically square 1. Is cutting j a myth?

Gotta admit my “cut” was basically just depression fueled neglect j not eating or eating 1 meal a day

Fucked as fuck.

Was my deficit too much? Genetics? Tips please from experienced gymbros

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
Tried leaning out or cutting but basically just ended up losing tons of weight and losing like only 3% max bf. Id say I went from 18 to 15% bf and lost like 14 lbs.

That’s 14/20 lbs I gained on my bulk (bulked to 145 lbs) So I’m back at 129 lbs and still skinny fat, basically square 1. Is cutting j a myth?

Fucked as fuck.

If you are only starting gym for the first year clean bulk for the whole year and then cut not above 500 deficit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410
If you are only starting gym for the first year clean bulk for the whole year and then cut not above 500 deficit
Got it I bulked for maybe around 8 months went from 120 to 145ish lbs and then the cut I just look as the post said basically the same as when I began

did you immediately go into a bulk after your cut or did you just go back to eating normally? what you're meant to do is a reverse diet after a cut so you stay at that weight.

• +1
did you immediately go into a bulk after your cut or did you just go back to eating normally? what you're meant to do is a reverse diet after a cut so you stay at that weight.
Nah bro I’m saying I was skinny fat cel at 5’10 120 lbs 18%ish bodyfat and then I bulked to 145 lbs and then cut back down. Now I’m 129 lbs after said “cut” and only went down in body fat by 3% I estimate. Still skinny fat even if less so and lost almost all muscle that’s like 15 lbs of muslce gone

Thyroid and dnp

• +1
Reactions: danny phantom and Deleted member 32410
Nah bro I’m saying I was skinny fat cel at 5’10 120 lbs 18%ish bodyfat and then I bulked to 145 lbs and then cut back down. Now I’m 129 lbs after said “cut” and only went down in body fat by 3% I estimate. Still skinny fat even if less so and lost almost all muscle that’s like 15 lbs of muslce gone
i suggest you watch renaissance periodization he has good information on cutting and how to prevent muscle loss etc

• +1
Thyroid and dnp
why would you add thyroid meds in addition to dnp :lul:
injectable l-carnitine, low dose adderall or anything to cuck your appetite and dnp is the right way

why would you add thyroid meds in addition to dnp :lul:
injectable l-carnitine, low dose adderall or anything to cuck your appetite and dnp is the right way
Because dnp shuts down thyroid

Because dnp shuts down thyroid
it's unnecessary actually, you won't gain any more fat loss from t3 if anything you're really pushing the catabolic boundary and might lose muscle too.. i would only take a replacement dose of t3

it's unnecessary actually, you won't gain any more fat loss from t3 if anything you're really pushing the catabolic boundary and might lose muscle too.. i would only take a replacement dose of t3
There is no catabolism from t3 if you eat enough fructose

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee
Dawg I looked it up and couldn’t find anything that’s y I asked literally begging for info
literally write "dnp muscle forum" or (bodybuilding) in google :lul:

• +1

Gotta admit my “cut” was basically just depression fueled neglect j not eating or eating 1 meal a day

Fucked as fuck.

Try illegal shit

• JFL
literally write "dnp bodybuilding forum" in google :lul:
Got it. But what do you think my main failure was? I j didn’t build enough muscle to cut deep enough into? Cuz if I continue cutting I’ll be underweight

Fucked as fuck.

Brah if I can’t get lean (idc abt muscles) I’m going to acc kms

Got it. But what do you think my main failure was? I j didn’t build enough muscle to cut deep enough into? Cuz if I continue cutting I’ll be underweight
well, first question is did you experience a lot of strength loss while you were cutting?
was your protein intake high enough during your cut?
were you still training to get enough stimulus for all your muscles during your cut?
if your deficit was insanely high, like 1000kcals is a huge calculated risk. you have to keep your deficits small or start small 300-500kcals is good.
cutting and dieting is all about minimizing risk of muscle loss.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 32410

Fucked as fuck.

maybe try not eating 1 meal a day bhai

• +1
Bro I had the same problem. I had a bulky yoked build almost like Bale in Batman:
IMG 1931

Then did a super strict cut for months, still lifting and eating all protein and ended up skinny fat and disgusting. Lost so much muscle. I think the solultion is you need to have a really large base of muscle mass and then cut SLOWLY. Like a deficit of 300 calories a day. Still eating enough to fuel intense workouts you can recover from. Not going hungry, so you can maintain your mass. Shit will take a long as time, like 6mo to a year. At least thats what I’m gonna try next time after I get bigger.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, It'snotover, nlxontop and 1 other person
Thyroid and dnp
You can make do with just T3 tbh, my irl has had good results with T3 too (sadly he is a bloated roidcel, but he did get very lean), DNP is not a fun compound to use (I have not tried any PEDs myself so take this with a grain of salt)

If you are too high inhib for PEDs OP and just want diet advice I recommend u eat a lot of red meat, eggs, fruits, etc to keep your hormones at good levels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
You can make do with just T3 tbh, my irl has had good results with T3 too (sadly he is a bloated roidcel, but he did get very lean), DNP is not a fun compound to use (I have not tried any PEDs myself so take this with a grain of salt)

If you are too high inhib for PEDs OP and just want diet advice I recommend u eat a lot of red meat, eggs, fruits, etc to keep your hormones at good levels
I’m on thyroid rn but I lose weight only a tad bit faster . But it maybe cause weight loss speeds only after the third month on thyroid I think.

• +1
Reactions: danny phantom
yeah you cut way too aggressively, i've done that plenty of times before I learned

with a proper cut patience is key; if anything you should take on more of a recomp mindset rather than a cut

eat tons of protein and keep lifting of course, and try to minimize carbs and fats

that being said, your deficit should not be on average more than a few hundred calories below your estimated maintenance

one thing you can also do to help preserve your metabolism is take aggressive days every now and then, and also take maintenance/even slight (lean) surpluses every now and then. No idea if this really does anything but I feel like in my experience it helps keep my metabolism higher for longer. Doing this also helps trigger the production of certain hormones (no I don't have the exact science memorized, but I know this is the case. It has to do with how it simulates hunting in old ages).

Most days you should really be eating around your maintenance, and then combined with the cardio and lifting you do throughout the day you should fall into a moderate deficit.

Getting outside and walking 10k steps or so is also great habit for a cut and keeps your body burning throughout the day.

Also, a large amount of your initial weightloss could have likely been from cutting carb and water weight

Oftentimes on a bulk we overestimate how much muscle we really put on. It can be deceiving and once you cut you will think you lost it all, but you didn't even gain that much to begin with. However, cutting improperly will certainly cause more muscle loss than if done properly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410, nlxontop and Yerico7
yeah you cut way too aggressively, i've done that plenty of times before I learned

with a proper cut patience is key; if anything you should take on more of a recomp mindset rather than a cut

eat tons of protein and keep lifting of course, and try to minimize carbs and fats

that being said, your deficit should not be on average more than a few hundred calories below your estimated maintenance

one thing you can also do to help preserve your metabolism is take aggressive days every now and then, and also take maintenance/even slight (lean) surpluses every now and then. No idea if this really does anything but I feel like in my experience it helps keep my metabolism higher for longer. Doing this also helps trigger the production of certain hormones (no I don't have the exact science memorized, but I know this is the case. It has to do with how it simulates hunting in old ages).

Most days you should really be eating around your maintenance, and then combined with the cardio and lifting you do throughout the day you should fall into a moderate deficit.

Getting outside and walking 10k steps or so is also great habit for a cut and keeps your body burning throughout the day.

Also, a large amount of your initial weightloss could have likely been from cutting carb and water weight

Oftentimes on a bulk we overestimate how much muscle we really put on. It can be deceiving and once you cut you will think you lost it all, but you didn't even gain that much to begin with. However, cutting improperly will certainly cause more muscle loss than if done properly.
Thanks for the advice g . Appreciate it

Do you think via muscle memory I could gain back the muslce I lost in shorter time than 1 lbs/week (my og rate of muscle building)? I’ve heard this is possible since the cells are still there. Kind of fucked if not cuz then I’m basically literally at square 1 again just 3% leaner

• +1
Reactions: pantsbeer
Do you think via muscle memory I could gain back the muslce I lost in shorter time than 1 lbs/week (my og rate of muscle building)? I’ve heard this is possible since the cells are still there. Kind of fucked if not cuz then I’m basically literally at square 1 again just 3% leaner
Not sure the timeframe it would require but muscle memory is real. I had lifted for multiple years and then stopped for 2 years and became a frail little bitch. Started bulking and 2 months later I was repping my old max from 2 years back. So yeah you can easily regain and surpass your previous strength/muscle amounts.

• +1