Leanmaxxing- importance of neck

Saint Casanova

Saint Casanova

Kraken
Typically when you’re losing a lot of weight, your neck circumference will decrease due to potential muscle loss and especially fat mass. This makes you look much weaker and less dimorphic even though your face is more angular.

Solutions to this issue:

-Train neck heavily during your cut to ensure muscle is not lost. Neck curls with progressive overload are probably your best for this. Training and maintaining trap muscles will also help.

- Use a sarm such as Ostarine during your cut. Ostarine will antagonise the androgen receptors in your neck, resulting once again in less muscle loss and even potential muscle gain during training.

• +1
Reactions: kyrre and cloudburst
True in theory, but personally, neck training destroyed my jawline 10x more than bulking ever did. Only do if you have good forward growth.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Saint Casanova, Mr. President and Deleted member 32486
True in theory, but personally, neck training destroyed my jawline 10x more than bulking ever did. Only do if you have good forward growth.
can you elaborate if you dont mind

• +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova
can you elaborate if you dont mind
Was doing neck curls each side, front, and back. My entire neck got thicker, including the front of my neck, which completely ate up my chin.

Next time i start a neck regime I will try training only the sides of the neck, but I don't know if the neck can be cleanly separated like that.

• +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova and Mr. President
Hmmm, orb didn’t have that good of a jaw/fg and a thick neck really helped him.

Perhaps it was too thick? It should be .95-1:1 ratio with your lower third width.

It’s good to try however, you can always lose the muscle eventually by not training it.

Hmmm, orb didn’t have that good of a jaw/fg and a thick neck really helped him.

Perhaps it was too thick? It should be .95-1:1 ratio with your lower third width.

It’s good to try however, you can always lose the muscle eventually by not training it.
Orb def has more forward growth than me. im fairly recessed tbh. yeah it atrophied again fast. im gonna take another run at it without the front curls.

• +1
Orb def has more forward growth than me. im fairly recessed tbh. yeah it atrophied again fast. im gonna take another run at it without the front curls.
Try training traps too. That gives the illusion of a stronger neck from the back.

Try training traps too. That gives the illusion of a stronger neck from the back.

I actually have super strong and big traps, they are already too big from a balanced aesthetics perspective. overbears my pecs and makes my frame appear more narrow (less horizontal frame looks smaller visually). But fuck it im going for lateral raise records

• Hmm...
I actually have super strong and big traps, they are already too big from a balanced aesthetics perspective. overbears my pecs and makes my frame appear more narrow (less horizontal frame looks smaller visually). But fuck it im going for lateral raise records
Hmmm, show an example ?