LeFort 2 Providers

S

Snicket

Iron
I'm looking for surgeons who offer the pyramidal LeFort 2 to non-syndromic patients.
I have a 7mm underbite and full midfacial hyoplasia, combined with SFS/ a vertically deficient maxilla.
I know that there are surgeons out there who provide LF2 but it is not widely advertised. I am actively looking but would like to streamline my search if possible.
I am based in Europe and prepared to travel.
If anyone knows names or could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I'm talking about the LF2 which mobilizes the nasal cavity - not the Kufner cut/MLF2.

@RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: sb23 and RealSurgerymax
may i ask why dont you consider implants

may i ask why dont you consider implants
paranasal implants just don't replicate moving the nasal cavity. Also not a fan of implants in the long term. don't want to worry about bone erosion, aging with them long term. would prefer to just move the bone and get closure on the whole thing instead of having to think about it down the line. class 3 is one of the worst skeletal deformities

• +1
Reactions: gravlek, haus33, wastedspermcel and 1 other person
paranasal implants just don't replicate moving the nasal cavity. Also not a fan of implants in the long term. don't want to worry about bone erosion, aging with them long term. would prefer to just move the bone and get closure on the whole thing instead of having to think about it down the line. class 3 is one of the worst skeletal deformities
totally agree with everything you said. im looking for a surgeon who performs u shaped osto as well.

I'm looking for surgeons who offer the pyramidal LeFort 2 to non-syndromic patients.
I have a 7mm underbite and full midfacial hyoplasia, combined with SFS/ a vertically deficient maxilla.
I know that there are surgeons out there who provide LF2 but it is not widely advertised. I am actively looking but would like to streamline my search if possible.
Yea, probably not....

Barring surgeons who will say yes to anything then either switch up when you arrive or butcher you in India. Bait and switch is very common in the surgery world.

I am based in Europe and prepared to travel.
If anyone knows names or could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I'm talking about the LF2 which mobilizes the nasal cavity - not the Kufner cut/MLF2.

We did the first custom Non-Syndrome Lefort II in the world yesterday. Dr Celal Candirli x Giant Implants in Istanbul.

IMG 0997
IMG 1131
IMG 1132
IMG 1133
IMG 1137
IMG 1117
IMG 1123
IMG 1122
IMG 1125
IMG 1124
IMG 1119
F1E40D4E 05D8 4240 9BF6 43F13FB81459

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: caiolindo, gravlek, klimo and 7 others
Class 3 is demanding. I get that implants are less invasive but you're masking the problem, not addressing the underlying problem

Yea, probably not....

Barring surgeons who will say yes to anything then either switch up when you arrive or butcher you in India. Bait and switch is very common in the surgery world.

We did the first custom Non-Syndrome Lefort II in the world yesterday. Dr Celal Candirli x Giant Implants in Istanbul.

View attachment 3141002View attachment 3141003View attachment 3141004View attachment 3141005View attachment 3141006View attachment 3141007View attachment 3141011View attachment 3141012View attachment 3141013View attachment 3141014View attachment 3141015View attachment 3141016
Wow. Making history! Can a non custom LF2 can be performed intraorally, assuming no implants? Do you know if Obwegeser does LF2? I know he's a very accomplished surgeon and seems to have been promoted by members here. Would step-off really be that bad without implants?
I noticed this guy (admittedly with a fracture) had LF2 with 7mm advancement (my level of recession):

https://www.semanticscholar.org/pap...iani/ba9f1c7d5c4ca24318ab70474d9ed15f197482e4

Last edited:
Wow. Making history! Can a non custom LF2 can be performed intraorally, assuming no implants?
If you don't care about accuracy
Do you know if Obwegeser does LF2? I know he's a very accomplished surgeon and seems to have been promoted by members here.
I don't recommend other services when I think mine is the best.

• +1
Reactions: sb23
If you don't care about accuracy
Just wanted to understand. I'm not as knowledgable as you. So even without implants, would this surgery have not been performed intra-orally if you want more accurate advancement and rotation?
I don't recommend other services when I think mine is the best.
Fair enough! Are you working with any other surgeons to perform LF2s?

Last edited:
Just wanted to understand. I'm not as knowledgable as you. So even without implants, would this surgery have not been performed intra-orally if you want more accurate advancement and rotation?
True LeFort II that mobilizes the entire nose needs coronal unless you do direct incisions over the nasion. That was the old fashioned way and left bad scars. No need to fear the coronal. It only looks bad when it's peeled down. It's the same elevation of periorsteum off the bone as a wide/aggressive brow lift pocket. Incision is hidden in hair and you can transplant hairs into the scar. This is classically recognized as a neurosurgery scar not a cosmetic surgery scar.

Fair enough! Are you working with any other surgeons to perform LF2s?

Burak Ercin, Istanbul
Mehmet Cömert, Istanbul

• +1
Reactions: Qzuan, NZb6Air and geenk worg
True LeFort II that mobilizes the entire nose needs coronal unless you do direct incisions over the nasion. That was the old fashioned way and left bad scars. No need to fear the coronal. It only looks bad when it's peeled down. It's the same elevation of periorsteum off the bone as a wide/aggressive brow lift pocket. Incision is hidden in hair and you can transplant hairs into the scar. This is classically recognized as a neurosurgery scar not a cosmetic surgery scar.
Interesting. So coronal incisions mean greater accuracy and reduced facial scarring essentially. Thanks for the info.

• +1
Reactions: blinemaxxer and RealSurgerymax
Yea, probably not....

View attachment 3141002View attachment 3141003View attachment 3141004View attachment 3141005View attachment 3141006View attachment 3141007View attachment 3141011View attachment 3141012View attachment 3141013View attachment 3141014View attachment 3141015View attachment 3141016
Cost? Also mirin cutting his face open

Andreischev, people here asked him about it, he said that he's had 2 cases.
There are definitely surgeons who do it. In America, they perform aesthetic OBOs on non-deformed people and that's more invasive than LF2.

about 35k for now
I have 3 questions
1) why implants cause bone erosion ? what it consists of
2)I don't quite understand what the Lefort II is for
3)Are there operations to widen the jaw? If so, does your clinic do them?

Burak Ercin, Istanbul
Mehmet Cömert, Istanbul
Can you do quadrangular lefort 2? Have you ever performed one in the past?

Can you do quadrangular lefort 2? Have you ever performed one in the past?
Of course we can but why? We are the real deal. Let’s do a real LeFort 2 if you need LeFort 2. If not, we will do LeFort 1. It’s that simple…

• +1
Reactions: ey88, Delissola, blinemaxxer and 1 other person
Of course we can but why? We are the real deal. Let’s do a real LeFort 2 if you need LeFort 2. If not, we will do LeFort 1. It’s that simple…
Yea but quadrangular L2 is if the nasal framework is normal and the infraorbital+lower maxilla is recessed. A normal Lefort 1 doesn’t go that far up. Most people including Ramieri don’t like doing that stuff cuz of complications.

Yea but quadrangular L2 is if the nasal framework is normal and the infraorbital+lower maxilla is recessed.
It’s a very underwhelming surgery. I met two people who got QLF2. It just doesn’t look quite right when the nasal cavity is left behind. I didn’t quite understand it at the time but my sub conscience picked up that something was “off” immediately. Even if your nasal framework is normal, you’re creating a noticeable skeletal discrepancy imo. True LF2 offers more natural looking results by virtue of advancing the nose along with the rest of the face.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: blinemaxxer and NZb6Air

I appreciate your willingness to discuss the LeFort procedures. However, I found your response a bit confusing and somewhat dismissive of the specific question posed about the quadrangular LeFort II. My sincere apologies if this is my misinterpretation.

The question was about the quadrangular LeFort II, which is notably different from the regular LeFort II because it does not involve the nasal bones. The response seemed to shift focus to the regular LeFort II and LeFort I, which doesn’t address the distinct nature of the quadrangular procedure. Or perhaps I misinterpreted here and you were trying to imply that quadrangular LeFort II is almost always inferior to the LeFort II, and it's pointless to go quadrangular when you ofter LeFort II.

I am curious why you seemed dismissive about the quadrangular LeFort II. Again, I apologize if I have misinterpreted your response. Could you please clarify why you mentioned the regular LeFort II and simplified the options to LeFort I or II? Is it because positive aesthetic outcomes with the quadrangular LeFort II are rare, given its limited use cases, and that patients are typically better served with the LeFort II or LeFort I? Understanding your perspective on the quadrangular LeFort II would be valuable for those seeking detailed information about this specific procedure, especially considering your highly respected position in the cosmetic and functional world of surgery.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope my response was not off-putting.

Last edited:
I appreciate your willingness to discuss the LeFort procedures. However, I found your response a bit confusing and somewhat dismissive of the specific question posed about the quadrangular LeFort II. My sincere apologies if this is my misinterpretation.

The question was about the quadrangular LeFort II, which is notably different from the regular LeFort II because it does not involve the nasal bones. The response seemed to shift focus to the regular LeFort II and LeFort I, which doesn’t address the distinct nature of the quadrangular procedure. Or perhaps I misinterpreted here and you were trying to imply that quadrangular LeFort II is almost always inferior to the LeFort II, and it's pointless to go quadrangular when you ofter LeFort II.

I am curious why you seemed dismissive about the quadrangular LeFort II. Again, I apologize if I have misinterpreted your response. Could you please clarify why you mentioned the regular LeFort II and simplified the options to LeFort I or II? Is it because positive aesthetic outcomes with the quadrangular LeFort II are rare, given its limited use cases, and that patients are typically better served with the LeFort II or LeFort I? Understanding your perspective on the quadrangular LeFort II would be valuable for those seeking detailed information about this specific procedure, especially considering your highly respected position in the cosmetic and functional world of surgery.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope my response was not off-putting.
holy chat gpt

holy chat gpt
It's amusing that whenever I actively try to be well spoken and thorough, people always claim that I aim artificial intelligence. I'll take it as a compliment.

Though, I don't think it's outlandish to think that there are people who enjoy being well spoken. Especially when it's in regards to a topic that one is passionate about. Your comment is a very frequent one that I receive. I guess the reasoning speaks for itself.