(LEGIT SRS; SKINNYCELS GTFIH) Why squats/deadlifts are IMPERATIVE to getting and staying lean

D

Deleted member 6573

Kraken
Getting lean: expenditure > intake

Squats and deadlifts are full body exercises that are physically intense and demanding
Doing them expends lots of calories (expenditure), so you can afford to eat more (intake)

Staying lean: expenditure = intake

Muscle is very calorie expensive and expends more calories than fat. 1 pound of muscle burns approx. 50 calories everyday at rest.

So by increasing the muscle mass in our body, we increase its expenditure, and consequently get to eat more (intake).
How much more? 10 pounds of muscle burns 500 calories without you doing anything - this equates to an extra McChicken/pasta bowl/bag of chips you are allowed to eat every single day and remain the same bf as compared to before (providing you continue training to maintain that muscle). The psychological effect of this cannot be underestimated.

Your quads, hamstrings and glutes are some of the biggest muscles in your body. Far bigger than upper body muscles like chest and arms. It is not only easier to pack on muscle in your legs (relative to upper body), but legs also have more room for growth.
Use your legs to store that precious calorie-demanding muscle!
Gaining muscle in your legs is very easy as a beginner. Squatting and deadlifting on a dedicated strength routine with linear progression will quite literally explode them. Compared to gaining that same amount of muscle on your upper body? It's honestly a piece of cake.

inb4 tree trunks are unaesthetic
Agreed but they're also entirely unnecessary for what I am proposing
Your legs can pack on a surprising amount of muscle before they look overly bulky. I squat and deadlift a bit over 3 and 4 plates respectively. I do not have bulky, unaesthetic legs. I can wear slim-fit jeans. In shorts, my legs look athletic and well-defined - not bulky. In fact, I would consider my current level of leg development to be a looksmax, not a looksmin.
Suifuel for manlets; you will hit that 'bulky' point earlier because your legs are shorter and don't have as much room for muscle. RIP

Before lifting I was 155lb, 2 years later I am 185lb. Looking at progress pics, I would say I easily put on >10lb of muscle purely on legs. That's 500+ calories my body expends everyday by virtue of that extra leg muscle, and 500 more calories I get to intake per day.

tl;dr squat and deadlift if you wanna get lean!

@Lorsss @CookiesAndCream @Britishlooksmaxxer @qwertyqazqwerty @Zygos4Life @Sealing_Phoenix

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, LostYouth, Deleted member 4332 and 13 others
high Iq post

Collagen or cope
St. Wristcel

• JFL
Reactions: St. Wristcel and Arcturus
Makes sense considering how much strongmen and pro bodybuilders eat.

Great thread. I’ve been trying to explain this to my family members who keep asking me how I’m constantly lean while barely doing cardio. I just have a lot of muscle mass sitting around burning fuel for me.

• Woah
Reactions: LostYouth
KEEP WRITTING ESSAYS DUMB FUCK

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KnoxHarrington and DrTony
I used to not train legs, literally the dumbest shit ever that I neglected legs. Muscular legs are a very important part of aesthetics. Not to mention in regards to athleticism and health lower body mogs upper body

Girls like muscular glutes

Gyms closed so no legs