Lens distortion - why selfies are useless

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
The first pic was taken with the selfie (front) camera, the second one is a mirror picture using my back camera. Both were taken at the same time and location. Look at the drastic differences in lens distortion. The selfie elongates my face and makes it more narrow, gives me a pencil neck, erases my jaw, decreases my fWHR and distorts the proportions in general. Selfies make me look like a cuck. The mirror picture on the other hand has much less lens distortion.

663644B1 BDB2 48F1 822B E6869D6E4CBD

FEDD5E40 2A7A 4ACF 9A05 19F3FEACBD79

The point of this thread? Selfies are useless if you want to properly assess your looks. Unless Chad, they’ll only make you suicidal. Ideally, you want someone to take a picture of you from an adequate distance using the back camera. If you have nobody to take pics of you, take a mirror picture with back camera and flip it horizontally (to undo the mirror flip)

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, one job away, Amnesia and 15 others
The first pic was taken with the selfie (front) camera, the second one is a mirror picture using my back camera. Both were taken at the same time and location. Look at the drastic differences in lens distortion. The selfie elongates my face and makes it more narrow, gives me a pencil neck, erases my jaw, decreases my fWHR and distorts the proportions in general. Selfies make me look like a cuck. The mirror picture on the other hand has much less lens distortion.

View attachment 1130860
View attachment 1130861

The point of this thread? Selfies are useless if you want to properly assess your looks. Unless Chad, they’ll only make you suicidal. Ideally, you want someone to take a picture of you from an adequate distance using the back camera. If you have nobody to take pics of you, take a mirror picture with back camera and flip it horizontally (to undo the mirror flip)
long hair doesnt suit you boyo , also get rid of the beard and have a light stubble , leanmaxx so that stubble looks better

• +1
Reactions: UnseasonedChicken and CANI
water but is that you?

long hair doesnt suit you boyo , also get rid of the beard and have a light stubble , leanmaxx so that stubble looks better
I wasn’t asking for advice or ratings

from reddit cuck to high t warrior

• JFL
Reactions: gamma
you look how you look in mirrors (with different lighting) ,the mirror is the closest thing how you look aside from true mirror.

• +1
Reactions: brianxx, Amnesia, Swole bravo and 3 others
you look how you look in mirrors (with different lighting) ,the mirror is the closest thing how you look aside from true mirror.
Mirror is your second best option, after having someone take a picture of you. Even mirrors can distort a face slightly. The camera of your phone matters as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 9670
Been saying this for years.

Chad can get away with any photo or selfie.. but there are many guys (myself included) that look better in real life

• +1
Reactions: Blue, Sophist, Yerico7 and 3 others
Mfw I look good in selfies :feelsgah:

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
tumblr_inline_p7wk6jDZLq1val3ji_400.gifv

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, CANI, Deleted member 13994 and 1 other person
same dude in A and B

Been saying this for years.

Chad can get away with any photo or selfie.. but there are many guys (myself included) that look better in real life
Wdym by getting away? Selfie photo which mogs an average guy's pro shoot?

What's the most realistic lighting?

What's the most realistic lighting?
There's no such thing as unrealistic lighting. Even irl you look better in certain lighting and worse in others but it's real regardless, unless you use flash or photo editing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
and no change in rating from A and B
You need glasses if you don't see a difference. If you had a twin who was exactly like you in every possible aspect and I showed you only the first pic and your twin the latter, I'm quite certain you would rate me at least slightly differently

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
Lifefuel for my assymetery

• +1
I actually look way worse in mirror pics, so i guess the distortion actually halos me a lot.

• +1
don't care
when you take a selfie of the most aesthetics animals they don't
suddenly become abominations do they?
my goal is unchanged

• +1
Reactions: zeke714
There's no such thing as unrealistic lighting. Even irl you look better in certain lighting and worse in others but it's real regardless, unless you use flash or photo editing
Unrelated to the topic but what surgeries are you planning to get?

Unrelated to the topic but what surgeries are you planning to get?
Browplasty, upper lip reduction and blepharoplasty are my priorities rn. If I have enough money I'll maybe eventually also get a hair transplant and sliding genioplasty and/or side wing osteotomy (I have to learn more about the latter though)

• +1
Reactions: zeke714
Thx comrade tbh your thread is lifefuel since I look ok when normies take pictures of me from far away and also look human in mirrors

• +1
dude u look great and ur face has insane potential. good luck.

• +1
don't care
when you take a selfie of the most aesthetics animals they don't
suddenly become abominations do they?
my goal is unchanged
we look at peoples faces 24/7 and know all of their features in and out
when something in a human looks off its going to be a lot more obvious compared to an animal

we look at peoples faces 24/7 and know all of their features in and out
when something in a human looks off its going to be a lot more obvious compared to an animal
i look at lions 24/7
and i can easily identify when something is off
and in healthy well developed lions focal length and selfies does nothing
to hinder their looks

• JFL
Reactions: one job away and Bewusst
i look at lions 24/7
and i can easily identify when something is off
and in healthy well developed lions focal length and selfies does nothing
to hinder their looks
spare us your autism but we're not lions

• WTF
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: It'snotover, one job away and datboijj

View attachment 1130860
View attachment 1130861

What abt videos taken of yourself with the non selfie cam?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Send pic without a bun, in my experience tied hair giga looksmins me, when its lose i look much better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Send pic without a bun, in my experience tied hair giga looksmins me, when its lose i look much better
I have none. I always make a bun because my hair isn't straight and it looks messy loose

I have none. I always make a bun because my hair isn't straight and it looks messy loose
But wavy long hair looks the best, straight hair looks boring and aspie

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
But wavy long hair looks the best, straight hair looks boring and aspie
Mine looks like shit. I always wear a beanie after showering to straighten it. Gonna get a haircut once I had surgery

No offense but both pictures are cuck.

• +1
choose one
Just imagine a lot of good features and then a cuck jaw. Then you get to HTN. But yeah, I am massively halo'd by height and frame.

• +1
where exactly did you get botox?

Search the forum. Not bothered to post shit tbh.
Can't find any pics of your face aside from this side profile mewing progress post, which was probably a joke