Lifting weights makes u stop growing?

B

BoneyAlexander

Bronze
I saw threads on this already but i don’t understand what anyone saying so pls try simplify this for me thx!
I was asking my friend to go the gym with me and he said that lifting weights stunts your growth and it happened his dad bc he lifted when he was 14.
The exact words my friend used were “weights damage the growth in your muscles”” that’s why u can only do weights when ur 18+ that’s why when u go to the gym ur not allowed to do weights unless ur over 18”
I tried to tell him he was wrong but he doesn’t believe me fgs. Does lifting weights make u short or stunt yo growth

Solution
ReadBooksEveryday
Potentially

You have to lift light weights. Not some 300 pound squat at 14, or 140lbs overhead presses; that shit will fck your plates
Potentially

You have to lift light weights. Not some 300 pound squat at 14, or 140lbs overhead presses; that shit will fck your plates

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19297, cutecel, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person
Solution
Nah it doesn't just do sets of 10 though not low rep setz

• +1
Reactions: BoneyAlexander
No this is totally wrong. Apparently, it can happen if you injure your growth plate but that only happens in rare instances.
I saw threads on this already but i don’t understand what anyone saying so pls try simplify this for me thx!
I was asking my friend to go the gym with me and he said that lifting weights stunts your growth and it happened his dad bc he lifted when he was 14.
The exact words my friend used were “weights damage the growth in your muscles”” that’s why u can only do weights when ur 18+ that’s why when u go to the gym ur not allowed to do weights unless ur over 18”
I tried to tell him he was wrong but he doesn’t believe me fgs. Does lifting weights make u short or stunt yo growth

• +1
Reactions: BoneyAlexander
You need to be lifting very heavy from a young age to end up with stunted development from weightlifting. It sometimes happens to olympic weightlifters who become bowed leg.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20368
You need to be lifting very heavy from a young age to end up with stunted development from weightlifting. It sometimes happens to olympic weightlifters who become bowed leg.

That kind of heavy lifting doesn't build muscle anyway that's for just strength.

Bodybuilding style lifting doesn't stunt growth you should start as soon as possible...

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
That kind of heavy lifting doesn't build muscle anyway that's for just strength.

Bodybuilding style lifting doesn't stunt growth you should start as soon as possible...
It still builds muscle but its certainly not the most optimal method for natties, only reason the chinese olympic lifters look good is all the skittles they are running.

issue is very easily fixed by dead hanging 30 secs after a workout to offset temporary compression and wearing a belt to not snap your spine. I've grown 3.25 inches since I started lifting 16 months ago

No. You will grow even taller because of it, if anything.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20368
take the manlet pill bro if you end up 5'9-5'11 you can just fraud 6ft and have aesthetic proportions

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and BoneyAlexander