Linear no-threshold model for smoking and alcohol use?

BasedPsychiatrist

BasedPsychiatrist

Iron
Do you think that thoughtful amount of potentially harmful substances like tobacoo and alcohol might yield some health benefits?
I used to be the person who abstained from drinking alcohol in social settings, because of the potentially negative effects on the CVS, but having met new people I've decided to try keeping up with the joneses. From my experience, moderate amount of alcohol, while certainly had a little bit of a negative impact on my feeling that day, made me feel better the next day - I could easily lift more, do some cardio, study extra and overall I was more motivated.
Same goes for smoking. Crossing the boundary of more than 2-3 cigs would give me headaches, make me tired, lazy and made me suck both at gym and cardio. Weirdly enough, limiting myself to lower doses seemed to do the opposite.
Theses facts lead me to do my research.
I cannot find any good studies on hormesis when it comes smoking, but my theory about moderate use of alcohol seems to be supported (well, it's not like they are in full agreement but I lean more toward it having acquainted myself to both positions; it's not the case for Sinclair, who changed his opinion on low doses of alcohol not so long ago). The problems arise beacuse of the study methodology. Rarely do they take sample that uses 2-3 cigs every other day or so. They focus their attention mostly on people with lung cancer, older ones or chain smokers. Even better, the most common definition of a smoker (not a chain one) is someone who lights up around pack a day.
It's weird for me that it's so tough to find studies that look at smaller doses. I just wonder if these activities does not follow the D path on the diagram. If bigger doses of caffeine significantly inhibit collagen production, but lower ones make the degradation and secretion of MMP easier, why would it not work for smoking?
There are countless examples of low amount of toxins (alcohol included) and hormetic effects when it comes to animals, but I cannot find good papers concerning humans. There is still even a debate about whether or not it applies to radiation.
Just an anecdotal example:
0089b98c-eb5a-4d69-a7bd-fe914d06874c_ec31364a.jpg

I'd be glad to hear your opinion on this. I hope to make this post a meaningful discussion, but I'm short on time to write a full essay.

I only smoke cigarettes after sex JFL at this dumbass analysis

Do a little. Have balance. Don't search for positive biological modifications through alcohol and smoking because it's not really happening

I smoke because it's cool and makes people seethe