Literature authored by women is a glimpse into female psychology

sexy

sexy

female gaze is law
I have been interested in the psychology behind mating for a long time.

I believe that, just like in males, there is a profound conflict between the female rational brain (neocortex and superego) and the primitive brain (limbic system and ego).

The rational brain is what encourages a woman to favor well-adjusted, good men who treat her nicely, but the primitive brain is what drives her to seek a physically attractive man who is so assertive as to treat her badly; the bad boy sex appeal phenomenon.

Books written by women are proof of this. You can see this is an evolutionary preference rather than a culturally relative one because even in times when marriages were semi-arranged, inter-familial financial agreements, this literary trope still lurked visibly beneath the surface despite a strong moral incentive of the author to suppress it due to societal pressures present at the time of writing.

If you read Wuthering Heights or Pride and Prejudice, both written almost 200 years ago, you can still see the archetype of the emotionally detached and socially aloof, physically attractive man enrolled as the leading heartthrob.

It is almost as if having an unmoving rock of smouldering discontent is what draws women in, rather than an intimate and emotionally symbiotic relationship like that which is professed to be the societal ideal by men and women alike.

Take a look at media designed to encapsulate generic male fantasy and you will see the same: dominance is key to romantic fantasy. I find it to be a failure of both male and female psychology that power structures are so quintessentially innate to romantic relationships. Human biology undermines the contrived narrative of self-sacrificial agape love which pretty much all humans have collectively bought into.

@descension
@Darkeningstar
@cromagnon
@TheLastLaugh

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: vratisevojvodo, Bipolar Vamp6ix, Lirael77 and 21 others
Bump

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: descension, twojei and sexy

I believe that, just like in males, there is a profound conflict between the female rational brain (neocortex and superego) and the primitive brain (limbic system and ego).

The rational brain is what encourages a woman to favor well-adjusted, good men who treat her nicely, but the primitive brain is what drives her to seek a physically attractive man who is so assertive as to treat her badly; the bad boy sex appeal phenomenon.

Books written by women are proof of this. You can see this is an evolutionary preference rather than a culturally relative one because even in times when marriages were semi-arranged, inter-familial financial agreements, this literary trope still lurked visibly beneath the surface despite a strong moral incentive of the author to suppress it due to societal pressures present at the time of writing.

If you read Wuthering Heights or Pride and Prejudice, both written almost 200 years ago, you can still see the archetype of the emotionally detached and socially aloof, physically attractive man enrolled as the leading heartthrob.

It is almost as if having an unmoving rock of smouldering discontent is what draws women in, rather than an intimate and emotionally symbiotic relationship like that which is professed to be the societal ideal by men and women alike.

Take a look at media designed to encapsulate generic male fantasy and you will see the same: dominance is key to romantic fantasy. I find it to be a failure of both male and female psychology that power structures are so quintessentially innate to romantic relationships. Human biology undermines the contrived narrative of self-sacrificial agape love which pretty much all humans have collectively bought into.

@descension
@Darkeningstar
@cromagnon
@TheLastLaugh
Interesting. Do you recommend any books that delve deep about this topic?

• +1
Reactions: sexy

@descension
@Darkeningstar
@cromagnon
@TheLastLaugh
high iq thread, mirin effort

• +1
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: vratisevojvodo, Bipolar Vamp6ix, Lirael77 and 12 others
I find it to be a failure of both male and female psychology that power structures are so quintessentially innate to romantic relationships.
What you mean here is that there are always power imbalances in relationships? For example when a Stacy gets with an oofy-doffy?

And thus, the reason why that constitutes a failure is because there is no such a thing as a 'simbyotic relationship' which would be considered as the highest degree of quality a relationship can reach under rational terms of course, and so it is the one that benefits society the most.

Last edited:
  • +1
What you mean here is that there are always power imbalances in relationships? For example when a Stacy gets with an oofy-doffy?
I meant that women and men are expected to have relationships based on romance and reciprocity when in reality what both genders desire are not so compatible with those ideas. Women often go after jerks who mistreat them because they enjoy living on the adrenaline, while men want to dominate women because they feel powerful in doing so. None of this is acceptable by the standards of a conservative society, but it still reflects the desires of both genders.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: vratisevojvodo, Bipolar Vamp6ix, Lirael77 and 13 others

@descension
@Darkeningstar
@cromagnon
@TheLastLaugh

I'm so starved for long and semierudite threads

I miss high effort users and high effort threads

Reading this was nice

Good job OP but KYS if you GPTed this

• +1