Loneliness Is a New Concept

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
Back in our hunter/gatherer days, one was always with the tribe

it was very social, no privacy but there were very strong bonds within the village

loneliness is simply a survival mechanism in the grand scheme of things, you feel sad because your isolated

that isolation means you have no mutual protection and assistance so that means a low chance of survival

As hunter-gatherers we evolved to live in cooperative, tight-knit communities which were prosocial and in which individuals experienced constant companionship. As a result, we each have particular social-emotional needs derived from tribal dynamics. Not getting these fulfilled can leave us feeling disconnected, confused and isolated.

Bestselling author Sebastian Junger in his book ‘Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging’ explores this dynamic through the lens of returned US army veterans. Junger demonstrates how ancient tribal behaviors of loyalty, inter-reliance and cooperation are typified within modern soldiering groups. He argues that the struggles veterans face reintegrating when they return home do not stem entirely from the trauma they’ve suffered, but also from the individualist societies they must reintegrate into.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Deleted member 9837
Lack of a social circle is probably the main cause for my absent drive and anhedonia

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and Deleted member 6403
Isolation has destroyed me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 8576
Isolation has destroyed me
u and me both sister

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and Deleted member 6403