long midfacecels GTFIH

toolateforme

toolateforme

Again hoping that i don't wake up tomorrow..

this is eme angle and this angle is much more reliable tool than midface ratio to assess the midface length properly since lip plumpness can affect the midface ratio at any time.

so here are the important parts of a couple of studies.

We found that male faces with relatively smaller EME angles (i.e., moremasculinized facial feature with respect to the studied trait) were perceived by women as more attractive. These findings suggest that EME is valuable even in a highly homogenous population. Tothe extent that this trait is related with the level of masculinity, itmight reflect higher level of androgens during the time when thefacial features develop during male ontogeny (for more discussionon male facial development, see Enlow, 1990; Tanner, 1989).Because androgens may disturb immunocompetence (Barber,1995; Fink & Neave, 2005; Fink & Penton-Voak, 2002; Folstad &Karter, 1992; for comprehensive discussion, see also Moshkin,Gerlinskaya, & Evsikov, 2000), then the EME angle could be a new indicator of a man’s ability to display traits that are metabolically expensive and costly to develop, and thus a signal of hisunderlying biological fitness. Thus, the preferences for more mas-culinized faces (i.e., those with smaller EME angle) could be newevidence supporting the handicap principle by Zahavi (1975)

In contrary to EME angle, the distances between the outer and inner eye corners and horizontal eye separation (IPD) are not correlated with male attractiveness (Cunningham, Barbee, & Pike,1990; Grammer & Thornhill, 1994).

plus this study suggested that ovulating women preferred men with lower eme angle also.

but its too early to cope yet.

based on ideal schemas created by women, the mean angle was 46.6 degrees and the median was 48 degrees. so it's not lower EME angle the better, there must be a sweet spot. One thing for sure is unlike conventional PSL belief, a compact face was in fact not desirable for men nor was it masculine.

I assume ideal would be around 47 and if it resonate around here it would be ideal.

these are the images I got from reddit. i think 47 eme angle would be around optimal for men but studies disagree that it is for women.

as you can see too compact (too high eme angle) looks gay alien and retarded for men.

i get 46.5 on regular. i wish it would be a bit more wide set because my ipd got lower due to asymmetry, but it is what it is :feelswhy:

this is a huge cope for long midfacecels. its undoubtedly true that long midface is simply a death sentence to women but there is a great cope for long midfaced men.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, 14yearoldpslmogger and vexnaut
Post made with effor, here take a rep

• JFL
Reactions: toolateforme
wait so a slighty longer mid face isn't bad? and a compact mid face isn't as good as we think? dude what a great day to be alive
will measure my EME ratio

So low is better overall?

wait so a slighty longer mid face isn't bad? and a compact mid face isn't as good as we think? dude what a great day to be alive
will measure my EME ratio
yeah lower eme angle is a dimorphic masculine trait. Slightly long is not a bad thing and too compact is not only feminine trait its negatively correlated with attractiveness.
So low is better overall?
ALthough two studies claimed that the lower eme angle was preferred by women, both studies didnt take effort to figure out what an ideal range of eme angle would be.

The only reference we got is the study that made women to create ideal faces and measured the eme angle of those faces. Mean angle was 46.6 and median angle was 48. And average eme angle for men was 48. Somewhat degrees in real life. So averageness definitely matters, if eme angle deviate from averageness too much it would look like either a horse of cyclops but i guess its healthy to go down a little bit and ovulating women even prefer those looks.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: flippasav
44 to 47 seems ideal as long as the ipd is good

there was already a thread talking about this