JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
I’ve done this and you feel like shit:
- Low energy
- Negative mental state
- Low libido and erection quality
- Feeling cold
- No motivation in general
There are other symptoms too. These are also caused by low T which is what happens with long term + aggressive calorie deficits.

This also crushes your metabolism, so when you have a calorie spike (binge), which is inevitable on such low calories, it will easily be stored as bodyfat. So you’re getting fatter and still feel like shit.

The solution:

DO NOT dirty bulk or cut fat too aggressively. Do everything slowly and precisely. Accept that you will need to track calories and weight consistently until you reach your goal body, it’s not that hard to do once you’re used to it.

If you are fat and have low metabolism from chronic dieting, increase calories slowly (100 cals a week), so that you are eating more and not gaining fat or just gaining very minimal weight. Once you hit maintenance cals, you can then go in slight caloric deficit and BE PATIENT.

Also very importantly, hit the gym hard. Gaining muscle itself will also increase your metabolism along with plenty of other benefits.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Cristiano88, Kmscurry, oldcelloser and 19 others
Bullshit, I am on a 1000 calorie deficit diet and l jerk off 3 times in a day. I'm not even kidding lmfao, l have a high libido.

I also do a lot of stuff which requires significant mental energy and it's going okay. Bulking and cutting isn't difficult, if your hormones are fucked, it gets significantly difficult.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7901, Slayercel, Deleted member 9827 and 6 others
- Low energy
- Negative mental state
- Feeling cold
I can confirm. I have noticed all of these when cutting hard.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558 and volcelfatcel
boyo just eat is ideal

"Dirty bulk" jfl

• JFL
Reactions: volcelfatcel
500 caloric deficit at max, 300 is my sweet spot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, oldcelloser, Deleted member 7419 and 1 other person
Bullshit, I am on a 1000 calorie deficit diet and l jerk off 3 times in a day. I'm not even kidding lmfao, l have a high libido.
Height? Weight? Age? Do you have good muscle? How is your life quality? Are you actually tracking calories accurately? Good genetics? How long you been dieting for? All factors

My recommendation works for general population

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and volcelfatcel
water honestly

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and volcelfatcel
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 11053 and 2 others
water honestly
It’s not, most people including me have fallen into the trap of trying to lose weight too quickly.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, .👽., lutte and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 7419, lutte and 1 other person
Too late brah. I'm almost at 170 pounds. I cut 40 pounds in like 1 month just blackcoffeemaxxing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 7419 and volcelfatcel
You'd be surprised by the retards that recommend dry fasting
It’s not, most people including me have fallen into the trap of trying to lose weight too quickly.
Fitizen+is+on+a+diet_35fd3a_6013271.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser, SubhumanCurrycel and volcelfatcel
Height? Weight? Age? Do you have good muscle? How is your life quality? Are you actually tracking calories accurately? Good genetics? How long you been dieting for? All factors

My recommendation works for general population
6'5
Amateur boxer
105 kg ( mostly muscle but still could be leaner)
Doing a Phd in Mathematics
lift weights
occasionally jog
Have been dieting for 3 months ( gained fat during quarantine )

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and JamesHowlett
cuttin rn and energy is lower than usual. Sucks balls, but its all gonna be worth it in the end

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, datboijj and .👽.
6'5
Amateur boxer
105 kg ( mostly muscle but still could be leaner)
Doing a Phd in Mathematics
lift weights
occasionally jog
Have been dieting for 3 months ( gained fat during quarantine )
You’re big and have good muscle, 3 month big calorie deficit is ok for you.

Im talking LONG term hard dieting.

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
I have too high metabolism and I can breathe properly thru my nose now unlike when I was at 210 pounds. I feel so much better

@chadley pretty much use what this guy says if you want to cut as a teen.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
the PSL gain outweighs the great effort

the PSL gain outweighs the great effort
What PSL gain? You lose all your muscle and will gain fat easily if you ever binge, which is inevitable. Not to mention most of your physical and mental functioning gets fucked.

Or were you saying my way is better? Can’t really tell, lol

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
What PSL gain? You lose all your muscle and will gain fat easily if you ever binge, which is inevitable. Not to mention most of your physical and mental functioning gets fucked.

Or were you saying my way is better? Can’t really tell, lol
just train and make the big cut

Good luck increasing 100 kcals a week if you don't have a BB regimented life and everthing measured to the mm, including steps, showers, workouts and any other effort. Just a host bath burms 100kcals.

Good luck increasing 100 kcals a week if you don't have a BB regimented life and everthing measured to the mm, including steps, showers, workouts and any other effort. Just a host bath burms 100kcals.
Just keep everything similar and add 100 cals. It won’t be exact but it will be a slight increase regardless. I can go to work, gym, etc and still track calories and weight.

Cant imagine doin extreme calorie restriction for longer than 4 weeks as a natty. Id be more scared of losing gains and shitty gym workouts more than the lack of energy in general. If youre doing long agressive cuts, it might be useful to use some low dose sarms @ the end of cut as i heard they preserve muscle very well even with insane diets... and ud wanna stay on them till a week or two after your cut is done and you work up to maintenance cals cuz recovering from any amount of HPTA shutdown would be an impossible task when your calories are that low.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, SubhumanCurrycel and JamesHowlett
Just keep everything similar and add 100 cals. It won’t be exact but it will be a slight increase regardless. I can go to work, gym, etc and still track calories and weight.
It's too little increase.

It's too little increase.
100 cals every week though, it’s slow because you wanna give your metabolism a chance to catch up and match the calorie increase. Goal is to increase calories with none to minimal fat gain.

- Low energy
- Negative mental state
- Feeling cold
There are other symptoms too. These are also caused by low T which is what happens with long term + aggressive calorie deficits.

This also crushes your metabolism, so when you have a calorie spike (binge), which is inevitable on such low calories, it will easily be stored as bodyfat. So you’re getting fatter and still feel like shit.

The solution:

DO NOT dirty bulk or cut fat too aggressively. Do everything slowly and precisely. Accept that you will need to track calories and weight consistently until you reach your goal body, it’s not that hard to do once you’re used to it.

If you are fat and have low metabolism from chronic dieting, increase calories slowly (100 cals a week), so that you are eating more and not gaining fat or just gaining very minimal weight. Once you hit maintenance cals, you can then go in slight caloric deficit and BE PATIENT.

Also very importantly, hit the gym hard. Gaining muscle itself will also increase your metabolism along with plenty of other benefits.
just skip eating like 2 days a week instead

I try to eat less than 1000 calories a day and it works.

JFL at you OP, you know how hard it is to actually get into a point where you fuck up your metabolism?
All you need to do is to stay active, eat good and build muscle mass which increases your metabolism by a lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
I also lost around 35kg, and I took a break for 7 months, I ate like a pig, and was home all day not doing anything, and I only gained 4 kgs,

Just do a low carb diet with OMAD (one meal a day), you will lose far less muscle because of higher HGH, and you will feel way better, also your weight loss will be fast asf because your metabolism increases

also black coffee is really good for both your metabolism, and suppressing hunger

100 cals every week though, it’s slow because you wanna give your metabolism a chance to catch up and match the calorie increase. Goal is to increase calories with none to minimal fat gain.
There is no number for this lol. Just up once you sit at a pleateau for a few days/week by a few hundred calories. Can also add more food, train harder and up cardio to increase metabolism.

I also lost around 35kg, and I took a break for 7 months, I ate like a pig, and was home all day not doing anything, and I only gained 4 kgs,

Just do a low carb diet with OMAD (one meal a day), you will lose far less muscle because of higher HGH, and you will feel way better, also your weight loss will be fast asf because your metabolism increases

also black coffee is really good for both your metabolism, and suppressing hunger
OMAD is garbage lol. If this was true then every bodybuilder prepping for a show would do OMAD. None do btw.

Cope. I ate 7 weeks of keto with about 1200 calories and 16 hour fasting

No problems becuse Im not a weak bitch

OMAD is garbage lol. If this was true then every bodybuilder prepping for a show would do OMAD. None do btw.
Because OMAD is shit for protein synthesis and is not ideal if you build muscle, to build muscle you would want to have multiple meals, however its very good at keeping muscle, because of HGH and many body builders do IF, and it has shown to increase your metabolsim

Because OMAD is shit for protein synthesis and is not ideal if you build muscle, however its very good at keeping muscle, because of HGH and many body builders do IF
That makes no sense sorry. HGH gains are complete crap and the extra protein synthesis is far more muscle sparring then starving and training fasted with no energy, weak lifts and low intensity.

That makes no sense sorry. HGH gains are complete crap and the extra protein synthesis is far more muscle sparring then starving and training fasted with no energy, weak lifts and low intensity.
I am not talking about HGH gains
your body uses HGH to maintain and repair muscles

and its obviously better to not be on a caloric deficit, but you do that to lose fat, and in any case, you will always lose muscle and will feel weak on a defict, regardless of what diet you do, I am adovacting for OMAD because its good at countering the negatives of being in a traditional calorfic deficit however it won't eliminate it

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
JFL at you OP, you know how hard it is to actually get into a point where you fuck up your metabolism?
All you need to do is to stay active, eat good and build muscle mass which increases your metabolism by a lot
Long and hard dieting will slow down your metabolism, this is a fact.

Long and hard dieting is common, people want results fast. I’ve done it before and people here talk about crazy deficits/fasts all the time.

What’s the issue here?

and its obviously better to not be on a caloric deficit, but you do that to lose fat, and in any case, you will always lose muscle and will feel weak on a defict, regardless of what diet you do, I am adovacting for OMAD because its good at countering the negatives of being in a traditional calorfic deficit however it won't eliminate it
Ineffective and bad advice.

The HGH stuff with fasting is bullshit, it’s nowhere near enough to produce a significant benefit.

Eating protein regularly is much better for muscle than fasting. Physique athletes, science and common sense prove this.

Long and hard dieting will slow down your metabolism, this is a fact.

Long and hard dieting is common, people want results fast. I’ve done it before and people here talk about crazy deficits/fasts all the time.

What’s the issue here?
Every loss of body mass (fat, muscle) will slowdown your metabolism, however when you are overweight or obese, your metabolism is already higher then average and you will be better of losing it and have an average metabolism

to get into a point where your metabolism is so low that you its hard to keep your weight, you need to completely fast for over a month and be around 10% bf

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
The HGH stuff with fasting is bullshit, it’s nowhere near enough to produce a significant benefit.

Eating protein regularly is much better for muscle than fasting. Physique athletes, science and common sense prove this.
are you sure? it can more then triple your HGH production

Every loss of body mass (fat, muscle) will slowdown your metabolism, however when you are overweight or obese, your metabolism is already higher then average and you will be better of losing it and have an average metabolism

to get into a point where your metabolism is so low that you its hard to keep your weight, you need to completely fast for over a month and be around 10% bf
Eating in a large caloric deficit for an extended period will always eventually lead to slower metabolism, with muscle loss being a factor too. You will also feel like shit as I outlined in the OP.

Too large of a deficit or surplus isn’t good in the long run, slow and steady always wins.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
- Low energy
- Negative mental state
- Feeling cold

The solution:

very very HIGH IQ sir, well done
Too late brah. I'm almost at 170 pounds. I cut 40 pounds in like 1 month just blackcoffeemaxxing.
over for your metabolism and future ability to lose weight :ROFLMAO:

It depends. I am eating around 1800 calories right now, putting me at around a 1k deficit. Dick works great, lots of energy and no hunger. But I am not eating carbs and getting plenty of fat. You're probably under-eating fat when your dick stops working.

very very HIGH IQ sir, well done

over for your metabolism and future ability to lose weight :ROFLMAO:
Your metabolism bounces back pretty fast.

Last edited: