Looks and Personality, intertwined or separate? [Looksmaxing improves your personality!]

Griffith

Griffith

Ascend or stop Existing (Reborn Virgin)
In ancient Greek society, beauty was seen as a divine gift. A sign that the Gods favored this individual, thus what was beautiful was also considered to be good. In current society, a good person is not necessarily a beautiful person and vice versa. Or not?

Here comes the Halo effect (The halo effect is a type of cognitive bias in which our overall impression of a person influences how we feel and think about his or her character. Essentially, your overall impression of a person ("He is Beautiful!") impacts your evaluations of that person's specific traits ("He is also smart!"). Perceptions of a single trait can carry over to how people perceive other aspects of that person.).

This creates a gray area in the distinction that currently is proposed, because our own bias assumes that someone that is beautiful is also more likely to be good, smart, funny, helpful, social etc. Still, this does not truly reflect why personality and looks are intertwined, but it can aid us in understanding this interrelation better.

Let's think about 2 opposite feedback loops in practical terms:

Positive (Halo effect)
A beautiful child on his first day of school -> The teacher all love him and the students want to become his friends -> The child becomes more positive and confident -> The teacher all love him even more and his social position at school rises -> The child becomes much more positive and gains much more confidence -> x -> y -> x -> y

Negative (Failo effect)
An ugly child on his first day of school -> The teacher all dislike him and the students all ignore or bully him-> The child becomes more depressed and timid -> The teacher dislike him even more, the ignoring and bullying increase -> The child becomes much more depressed, timid and anxious -> x -> y -> x -> y

Skip a few years later.

The beautiful child and the ugly child had lived in the same reality but have had polarizing experiences, the first one thinks the world is a beautiful place and has a positive outlook on life, his personality reflects this, he is confident, outgoing, social and likable. As with the ancient Greeks, that was is beautiful is to be considered good aka Chad.

For the ugly child, the world is a cruel, harsh and unforgiving place and his personality will reflect this. He will be bitter, reclused, distrustful and hateful towards the world.

Your personality gets shaped by your interactions with the world, these interactions are shaped by appearance and thus your personality is indirectly derived from your appearance. Improving your appearance will have an indirect effect on your personality and general view on life, they are two sides of the same coin that shape you as a person.

• +1
Reactions: Stingray, Moneymaxxed, Gaia262 and 13 others
HIGH IQ

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicope and Griffith
people treat me good but I'm bitter, reclused, distrustful and hateful towards the world. So idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5258, Deleted member 5048, MogTheMogger and 2 others
+ personality has some heritability variance to explain it, too, and the fact that personality traits are kinda stable throughout our whole lives can just add to this equation. Being treated good since day one = good fitness markers, therefore better developmental outcomes. Chads are BORN TO WIN.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Griffith and goat2x
in my experience people who look like shills are shills. deformed ugly doctors pretending to help you or greasy salesman being dishonest shills. sometimes you can see right away. other times its a bit unfair if its due to cranofacial dystrophy. but everyone whos deformed has severe enough health conequences to alter their character. every time

• +1
Reactions: Griffith
+ personality has some heritability variance to explain it, too, and the fact that personality traits are kinda stable throughout our whole lives can just add to this equation. Being treated good since day one = good fitness markers, therefore better developmental outcomes. Chads are BORN TO WIN.

Chad's are literally (in)directly making sure that their offspring remain Chad's. Brutal.

• +1
Reactions: DarkTriadPeerReview
Just die to get a better outlook on life tbh ngl

in my experience people who look like shills are shills. deformed ugly doctors pretending to help you or greasy salesman being dishonest shills. sometimes you can see right away. other times its a bit unfair if its due to cranofacial dystrophy. but everyone whos deformed has severe enough health conequences to alter their character. every time

I once heard the advice that, if given a choice between two surgeons of equal repute to perform your surgery, you should go with the uglier doctor. He has had to work harder to achieve his position and is likely more skilled.

Not saying I agree with it, but it's food for thought.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Highrise and RAITEIII
people treat me good but I'm bitter, reclused, distrustful and hateful towards the world. So idk
Same. However, I act reserved just to avoid conflict, further trouble or responsibility and rivalry in my case though.

Old news

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Ethnicope
Bumping a Legendary Underrated Gem

Last edited:
fuck i fucking miss you @Griffith you were so cool and funny and high iq, your ban was one of the biggest losses for this forum

fuck i fucking miss you @Griffith you were so cool and funny and high iq, your ban was one of the biggest losses for this forum
this is basic shit you learn in psychology 101 JFL

this is basic shit you learn in psychology 101 JFL
not even talking about this one specific thread bro, he made a bunch of different threads on gaslighting and rules of looksmaxxing and how you should never talk about looksmaxxing to normies... he was just a great poster

• +1
Reactions: Nosecel
Causality

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans
bump

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood