Looksmaxing is a surrogate activity

Deleted member 275

Deleted member 275

Kraken
A surrogate activity is an activity that is directed toward an artificial goal that the individual pursues for the sake of the “fulfillment” that he gets from pursuing the goal, not because he needs to attain the goal itself.
For instance, there is no practical motive for building enormous muscles or acquiring the best fillers and implants. Yet many people on our forum devote themselves with passion to bodybuilding or surgerymaxxing.
Some people are more “other-directed” than others, and therefore will more readily attach importance to a surrogate activity simply because the people around them treat it as important or because society tells them it is important.
Looksmaxxers get very serious about essentially trivial activities such as dieting, exercising, or personal hygiene, whereas others who are more clear-sighted never see these things as anything but the surrogate activities that they are, and consequently never attach enough importance to them to satisfy their need for the power process in that way.

Being attractive is nothing but a means to an end, not a goal on itself.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: aspieSavage, stuckneworleans, Warlow and 2 others
Are you saying we enjoy the looksmaxxing journey, more than the possible reality of looking decent?

Are you saying we enjoy the looksmaxxing journey, more than the possible reality of looking decent?
We see looksmaxxing as a goal on itself, when it on itself doesn't have any value.

Others see looksmaxing as something you just do on the way to obtain other goals, it's a side-quest.

We see looksmaxxing as a goal on itself, when it on itself doesn't have any value.

Others see looksmaxing as something you just do on the way to obtain other goals, it's a side-quest.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but honestly for me I can say the final destination of looksmaxxing has a ton of value to me, as it will improve my quality of life tremendously from looking better, thats what I'm in this for as opposed to the journey.

dnd understand

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Arkantos
i mean my goal of looksmaxxing is to get treated better by people in general and also be more sexually attractive.

so i don't know if it's a surrogate activity by your logic

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 4797

Finding this forum and having an addictive personality can be destructive. It results in neglecting the things that actually matter to get a max 1PSL boost in looks. Also, the non-nt mannerisms acquired from browsing this cesspit long enough will offset any looksmaxxing gains . The product of this forum is basically a marginally better-looking socially inept loser 90% of the time...

What are we doing with our lives?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Finding this forum and having an addictive personality can be destructive. It results in neglecting the things that actually matter to get a max 1PSL boost in looks. Also, the non-nt mannerisms acquired from browsing this cesspit long enough will offset any looksmaxxing gains . The product of this forum is basically a marginally better-looking socially inept loser 90% of the time...

What are we doing with our lives?

Its true you have to know how to switch back into NT mode again, but I've managed to do that a lot successfully on the social moments I've had since being on incel boards.

Nah i'm looksmaxxing so I can actually have a decent chance at having a music career